Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 📱 AppCoins - The New Blockchain-Based Protocol For The App Stores 🔋  (Read 47636 times)
AppCoins

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:07:21 PM

Okay, so since most of the questions I came through from the pages of this thread were very interesting, can I ask. What benefit do users/gamers get from this?

Users can gain an APPC token incentive to pay attention to new apps. They are rewarded for their attention with tokens that they can use to conduct in-app purchases. This allows for many users to experiment with certain premium features/items. It also allows for users from developing economies to participate in the app economy, since a lot of users in those countries are limited by banking restrictions, which will be minimized through the blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:09:10 PM

How do we qualify eligibility in the pre-sale?

This video explains the conditions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtd6e0Zj4U

Also note that the pre-sale closes in a few hours (11:59 PM GMT).

But let us know if you have any further questions.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:11:40 PM

Is there a minimum amount so that we would be able to participate in this?

Yes. It depends on the eligibility group you belong to:

Users: 10 USD
Developers: 100 USD
Partners (OEMs): 100 USD
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:16:25 PM

What's the difference between appcoins and other apps like coins.ph that serve to buy game cards as well?

Coins.ph is simply a payment app.
AppCoins is a blockchain based protocol. First of all its a cryptocurrency (APPC token). Second, it encapsulates an entire economic system that should boost the app economy growth and efficiency.

While AppCoins offers a payment solution as well, I would say these are operating in a completely different level. So much so, that, In fact, apps like Coin.ph can even potentially become AppCoins compliant, and serve as a UI for AppCoins. AppCoins operates at a much more infrastructural level.

Hope that answers your question.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:17:24 PM

I checked on how your platform works and seems like a very good idea though there are some that are wtih the same concept, you accept bitcoins and ethereum which I have. Goodluck!

Thanks for the support.

There are some with similar concepts (BAT as we've mentioned here already). But we would argue that there are no competitors with exactly the same use cases.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:28:13 PM

Nice work, you have bounty campaigns maybe?
Good luck, thank you.

Yes check our Bounty thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2295801.0
matico

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:36:29 PM

How would you handle copyrite issues. You know how easy it is to copy codes on Gthub! Developers want to be sure their work is not duplicated!

AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:36:40 PM

What are the ways to earn appcoin apart from creating apps?

The current version of the protocol does not address that use case specifically, but we would argue that by extending in-app purchase to a larger user base, new app developers will also benefit.

In the future, we may add extra use cases to the basic protocol.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:40:57 PM

Can I connect appcoin to my bank account like coinbase and iphone. Paying directly for app through my bank could make adoption easier for non-crypto users!

Not yet, but we are working on some partnerships which might make this possible in the future.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:46:28 PM

I have this question regarding aptoide,  i just remember that there's a gosip that you can download illegal/ban App or paid papa for free.  Just correct me if in wrong. I have no intention of giving a wrong information.

Yes, Aptoide has had those cases in the past. Its a consequence of having an open and decentralized model where users can upload content. That said, Aptoide complies with all DMCA requests, and whenever a developer asks for a takedown it is done immediately according to European and US laws.

Regarding banned apps. Well, of course, that's one of the reasons why Aptoide and AppCoins were created in the first place. In particular by moving these app approval flows to the blockchain we can avoid censorship issues within app stores, where one large players can choose to remove content. Blockchain through AppCoins gives that power to the community.
AppCoins

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:10:52 PM

When you said Appcoin is Distributed, Neutra, and Trusted. What do you mean by these words exactly! I am particularly eager to read what you have to say about NEUTRALITY! Censorship is a big concern for me personally!

It's distributed because it relies on the blockchain ledger.
It's neutral because it depends on smart contracts and crowdsourced decisions (app approval). AppCoins will have a ledger for app/developer reputation. AppCoins compliant stores will have no reason to remove an app that the community has approved transparently.
It's trusted because it allows actors to conduct safe transactions between developers, users, appstores and OEMs.

FDC1412

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:15:43 PM

This is a big step towards the application of cryptocurrency to the purchasing value for an actual market. How will your token assure that it will be the user's benefit even though when the time comes that your token value increases or decreases?

bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:34:03 PM

My calculation shows appcoin to be approximately 10cent without discount! This price is give away price! With the whitepaper and what appcoin is already doing and expected valuation of appcoin service, Appcoin shoukd not be less than $10 in market price!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
babsjoe

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 04:45:08 PM

Is ICO still on?  I learnt sme amount if ether has been raised already!
Guzztsar

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:31:38 PM

Is ICO still on?  I learnt sme amount if ether has been raised already!
I think the first stage ends in about 4 hours https://appcoins.io/
the next one will be in december
Dipsomaniac

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:34:58 PM

Can you go more into detail about how 'Proof-of-Attention' works?

From what I çan understand and interpret from the Appcoins meetup in Singapore, the 'Proof-of-Attention' (unofficial term) is based on the ecosystem when the users download a certain app and uses it, they are paid in tokens depending on the level of usage/online. So the more they use a certain app, the more token they can gain. This will also in term feedback to the developers on usage patterns of their respective user. This whole process is term 'Proof-of-Attention', and you can see it as the user 'mining'+playing the game at the same time.

One key thing to take note is that the token issued to the user is locked (in another words, they can transferred or use it) until they spent a certain amount.

Can you go more into detail about how 'Proof-of-Attention' works?

I'm also curious about this. I've never heard of it, but I could see it being very useful in a wide variety of applications.

Definitely it can be applied in a wide range of area. Appcoins is built as an protocol so any company or system can apply appcoins protocol to be part of their ecosystem.

That could allow for a wide range of uses. So each token could also allow a certain amount of usage time?

Looks like I got buried over night. I still want ot know more about Proof of Attention.

Essentially the system will use the app stores to verify which process is in the foreground. The app store will be the smart contract oracle, which means that after the attention confirmation, the smart contract is activated and the different stakeholders are paid (the users receive the greatest amount, which they can then spend in in-app purchases).

Thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions! This thread had really blown up! Congratulations Cheesy
themathiasmiller

Activity: 434
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 07:44:00 PM

I have this question regarding aptoide,  i just remember that there's a gosip that you can download illegal/ban App or paid papa for free.  Just correct me if in wrong. I have no intention of giving a wrong information.

Yes, Aptoide has had those cases in the past. Its a consequence of having an open and decentralized model where users can upload content. That said, Aptoide complies with all DMCA requests, and whenever a developer asks for a takedown it is done immediately according to European and US laws.

Regarding banned apps. Well, of course, that's one of the reasons why Aptoide and AppCoins were created in the first place. In particular by moving these app approval flows to the blockchain we can avoid censorship issues within app stores, where one large players can choose to remove content. Blockchain through AppCoins gives that power to the community.

I'm sorry but something confuses me with this statement, you said that aptoide complies with all DMCA request and removes apps whenever a developer asks for a take down but on your other statement you also stated that through appcoins we can avoid censorship issues within app stores, where one large player can choose to remove content so does this mean that whenever a developer asks for their app to be taken out of the blockchain they can't unless the community allows them to do so? So these apps that flows in the blockchain, does this relate to all apps both the paid and the free ones? Or only the free apps are allowed to be in the market?

ARAW
The Decentralised 
Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
███████████████████████████
██████████████▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████████░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░░░▄███████████
███████████░░░░████████████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄▄▄░░░░▄▄▄█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄████████████
█████░████████▀░░░░▀▀▄█████
█████░░▀▀████░░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
████▄▀░░░░░░░░▄▄███████████
████▀░░▀███████████████████
████▄░░▄███████████████████
████░░░░██░░░░▀░░░░░░▀█████
████░░░░██░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀████
████░░░░██░░░░█████░░░░████
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2017, 07:53:42 PM

What made you guys decide to use blockchain?

How'd you guys come up with this idea anyway?

We believe that these three processes: mobile advertising, in-app transactions and app approval could benefit a lot from transparency and decentralization. Blockchain is currently the best (only?) solution.

Eloquently put, thanks. Who do you guys have going over the legal aspects?

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:03:58 PM

Are you guys looking for more advisors to bring on?

Curious.

We are not looking for advisors actively, but we'll never refuse an advisor that can add value to the protocol. You may contact us at info@appcoins.io.

In case minimum investment target is not met would the company the company refund the money? Do you already have an escrow account?

We are using a third party entity to write the smart contract and issuing the token which is Token Market. Token market (https://tokenmarket.net/about) guarantees that in case the soft cap is not reached, the money is refunded. Token Market is responsible for token issuing for some of the top ICOs in the last year.

Another interesting project but Manager can you edit the roadmap because the pre-sale is November 6, 2018 instead of November 6, 2017.
It can create confusion to all investors and supporters.

Thank you will do.
As we are potential investors can u tell us what we can expect in terms of value when coins are listed?

Page 42 of the Crowdsale document answers that: https://appcoins.io/pdf/appcoins_crowdsale.pdf
But let us know if you require any further assistance Smiley

Nice about the advisors.  Can you share how many people are working on AppCoins right now?

Currently the people working on AppCoins are the ones listed on the team section on our website: https://appcoins.io/
This team is backed up by an additional 90 people from Aptoide.

What is your relationship with Aptoide exactly?
Mandy7575

Activity: 92

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 08:08:32 PM

what is the segregation of coin distribution? and total supply?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: