Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:51:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency.  (Read 8508 times)
tanghere1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:09:01 AM

It's both asset and a currency. Currency: you can buy stuff from it, more and more online shop are accepting bitcoin as payment for their product. Asset: you can hold it until the prize skyrocketed and trade it for cash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peter Murr

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:37:12 AM

I would say Bitcoin is more of an asset rather than a currency. For now, I think it is yet impractical, expensive and complicated to use bitcoin as an actual currency. But probably in the future more and more institutions will become Bitcoin-friendly, so then it could become a used currency as well.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 10:46:55 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
I believe it’s both. Asset because you can hold it for a period of time and let it increase in value. Currency because it is being used as a medium of exchange in various transactions.

Blackfurysm

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 10:47:29 AM

it's both i think.
have anyone heard about my time coin, sorry for getting out of topic..?
it could be good, a blockchain to turn time into cryptocurrency
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:23:11 AM

I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

People is just using it to profit in Trading. But I know that Bitcoin will be more than that someday. We just need to wait and support the cryptocurrency world.
henry1997

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:40:28 AM

I think bitcoin is an investment not an asset because to hold and save for the long term because bitcoin supply is rare because of the high bitcoin prices and the demand is very much. of all entrepreneurs / workers / entrepreneurs many who want to invest their funds in this bitcoin virtual coin,

and also bitcoin is like a tool substitute money for the transaction tool because the virtual coin is created to get profit when we to save money in the form of bitcoin.

I know in the stock market is experiencing negative turbulence about bitcoin because the shareholders who are not from virtual bitcoin greatly threatens the price of the local or world stock market therefore now bitcoin there is a refuse and some are receiving.
as an example that has already received the state of virtual bitcoin coins ie japanese state, america.

and the country that refused to be marketed in the local state stock market is like chinna.
Vadimvasily

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 11:52:40 AM

I think bitcoin is an asset, because the value of bitcoin keeps increasing.If you hold bitcoin for long time you can have more profit while you sell it.
minus_one_crypto

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:00:01 PM

People is just using it to profit in Trading. But I know that Bitcoin will be more than that someday. We just need to wait and support the cryptocurrency world.

yes, bitcoin is more than a currency. It seems to me that soon this coin will be used as an investment. And as a means of payment, alternative coins will be used.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:02:18 PM

Most of the people are in bitcoin because of the profit or money to be exact but other than that, there is no reason for the people to just use it for making money because they are after the technology of bitcoin which is the core of bitcoin and the reason why the price of bitcoin is so high right now.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:13:32 PM

I do think bitcoin is an asset in which continues to grow as time passes by. Bitcoin is something that we can trust to continue to move forward and gain us reward other than other crypto.

FundFantasy

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:14:21 PM

simply both friend   Wink
SHUNNO

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 07:45:59 PM

When you keep Bitcoin, you are certain that you are keeping one thing valuables that will increase in price with time. Bitcoin can even be uses a medium of exchanges for product and services. thus holding it, knowing that it will increase in price makes it associate degree plus. That you simply will use it as a way to exchange makes it a currency.
bitcoinsocial09

Activity: 413
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 07:55:22 PM

Either of the two so it simply depends on the situation of a user. If it is legal to that country, users on that place would be able to use it as a currrncy and as an asset. But for those who are living in countries where it is not yet legal, it will only be an asset where they can make profit through storing Bitcoin for a long period of time in their wallet.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
CryptoDens

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:01:08 PM

The difference between Coin and Token is of course different. Coins are mostly used as a transaction tool, but Tokens can be used for a wider than as a transaction tool. To make Bitcoin a fairly simple asset, first we buy Bitcoin and we keep it for a long time as an asset. I do not think there's anything bad about being an asset. But currently seeing significant fluctuations is certainly a lot of speculators who play in the short term.
AdamRay

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:03:03 PM

in my country. They do not recognize bitcoin as assets or currency. currency or property are the same. and bitcoin are worth to exchange.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
beverly788113

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:04:39 PM

asset. currency. bitcoin. can be exchanged, but I think bitcoin is an asset .. because they are not a tool to exchange. that is the thing to exchange
Tanazir

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:06:36 PM

Bitcoin at the beginning meant a coin. This is how its creator wanted to be it. A currency whose transactions are anonymous and there is no possibility of competition by any part of the transaction. Once the money is being sent, the transaction may be shown to another person, there is no doubt that the money was sent. Because it's very good, because its price has increased, Bitcoin has rarely become smaller through a property
xsaints128

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 08:12:24 PM

Bitcoin is both an asset and currency but it's more of an asset and it's really proving to be a very profitable asset because the price is just increasing day by day, making it the most sought after asset of this decade.

Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 04:16:01 PM

Either of the two so it simply depends on the situation of a user. If it is legal to that country, users on that place would be able to use it as a currrncy and as an asset. But for those who are living in countries where it is not yet legal, it will only be an asset where they can make profit through storing Bitcoin for a long period of time in their wallet.
According to my knowledge, I do not know there are not have much countries do not accept Bitcoin for trading or investment. Just for payment, Bitcoin got banned in almost countries, except Japan. Those who are living in countries banned Bitcoin for payment can still use Bitcoin for trading, investing and make money.

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 09:28:44 PM

I agree with that. Bitcoin can be an asset and a currency at the same time. It is a currency when we use it for transactions and paying bills. It is an asset when we place it in an investment where the user can get profit into it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: