Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum Withdrawel Google Authenticator Problem  (Read 246 times)
rich0292 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:49:08 PM

I am attempting to withdraw BTC from Electrum. The problem is when I try it asks for my google authenticator code. I do not have this. I have my seed but I mustn't have scanned the QR code after creating the seed.

How do I bring up this QR code to set up google authenticator for this transaction?

It isn't obvious from the interface what to do and information online is sparse.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 03:57:30 PM

I am attempting to withdraw BTC from Electrum. The problem is when I try it asks for my google authenticator code. I do not have this. I have my seed but I mustn't have scanned the QR code after creating the seed.

How do I bring up this QR code to set up google authenticator for this transaction?

It isn't obvious from the interface what to do and information online is sparse.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using a phone right?

Turn your phone off completely and try again. If you still have the problem,  if you have the seed you can disable 2FA (i think that is what you mean by google authenticator, im not sure because i dont use any BTC software in phones).

It should be like this: "File" -> "New/Restore" -> Select "Standard Wallet" or "Wallet with two-factor authentication" -> "I already have a seed" -> Paste your seed -> Select "Disable";
1inside1

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:02:41 PM

Thanks in advance.
Download a qr scanner on your phone and scan it.
rich0292 (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:47:51 AM

Thanks Neurotypical.

It didn't ask for 2fa after I created a new wallet. Though I don't understand why it did before since I'm sure I opted for a standard wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: