Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:16:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S9 Maintenance  (Read 776 times)
bgf101 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:31:28 PM

Hey guys,

I was a member here since 2011, but it seems my account got deleted during some forum migration.

Anyway, I have a quick question: I have an offer, where I could be managing a small Antminer S9 farm (with 20x ASIC's) in a different country. I would install Awesome Miner on a PC that is on the same network as the miners, and then remote connect to the PC there via TeamViewer or VNC.

My question is, would this be enough to maintain the miners? There would be a person that can power off/on the PSU's and check the ambient temperatures, but that would be all.

I've never worked with ASIC miners before, so I have no idea how often they need maintenance (and how often they break down)? I can go there a few times per year for cleaning the fans and stuff like that.

Cheers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bgf101 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:31:25 PM

Hasn't anyone on this forum managed a mining farm remotely?

Perhaps I can ask an easier question - would GPU mining be easier to do remotely than ASIC mining?

I hope someone replies?
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:08:14 PM

Hey guys,

I was a member here since 2011, but it seems my account got deleted during some forum migration.

Anyway, I have a quick question: I have an offer, where I could be managing a small Antminer S9 farm (with 20x ASIC's) in a different country. I would install Awesome Miner on a PC that is on the same network as the miners, and then remote connect to the PC there via TeamViewer or VNC.

My question is, would this be enough to maintain the miners? There would be a person that can power off/on the PSU's and check the ambient temperatures, but that would be all.

I've never worked with ASIC miners before, so I have no idea how often they need maintenance (and how often they break down)? I can go there a few times per year for cleaning the fans and stuff like that.

Cheers!

im not sure what awesome miner is, but i can vouch for teamviewer. I had about a dozen mining devices (antminers mostly) in a remote hosting alongside a crappy laptop that had my teamviewer account running. I could easily TV in and then SSH/html access the miners locally. Needing to reboot/cylcle the powersupply or miners in person was pretty uncommon (most could run months at a time without any issue) and typically just the result of my pushing an overclock too far

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Scrappy Do

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:53:52 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2017, 03:35:01 AM by Scrappy Do

Hey guys,

Cheers!

That has to be the most inefficient way to communicate to a remote I have ever heard of.

First off by a real router such as a Fortigate 90. Then set up a VPN in the router. With the VPN you can can remotely connect securely to any device on the other end.

Networking 101.

Scrap'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: