Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:53:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Factors Influencing Bitcoin's Price Right Now  (Read 427 times)
StockBet.com (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Make A Bet on WORKING SOFTWARE

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

http://www.investopedia.com/news/two-factors-influencing-bitcoins-price-right-now/

Interest from Institutional Buyers

and

Interest from Asia

According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Reatim

Activity: 2814
Merit: 357

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:56:11 AM

http://www.investopedia.com/news/two-factors-influencing-bitcoins-price-right-now/

and

Interest from Asia

I have to agree with both assumptions. Especially the interest in Asia. Japan, South Korea and other nations such as Taiwan, Philippines, Singapore are leading the way for this technology. They found something in bitcoin that others have not.. yet. And as bitcoin gain a lot of traction from the world, the interest grow and its just a matter of time that the whole world will go bitcoin investing.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 905

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:15:17 AM

I thought that bitcoin has to be SEC approved in order to be bought by institutional buyers.
Can you mention a few big institutional buyers that buy bitcoins?I don`t think so.
Those are only rumors and i don`t trust them.Anyway,you are right about Asia.
Asian countries (without China)are more cryptocurrency friendly than before,because they want to
accept the cryptocurrency users that are runing away from China.

ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 04:40:44 PM

Financial services companies have started to issue their own crypto currencies which would definitely affect the crypto currencies marketcap including bitcoin.

Its not asia which now influences bitcoin prie,but particularly south east asia where countries like japan,vietnam,philippines have a friendly approach towards bitcoin.

We could not forget the price increase in bitcoin immediately after legalization of bitcoin in japan.China has also now lost its dominant place in bitcoin market.

Japan has now become the eye opener for other countries in adopting bitcoin successfully.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:56:09 PM

and

Interest from Asia

Bang on. Institutional investors are the ones driving up the price, even if they are not actually investing. Just talk about institutional investors coming in is driving up the price.

player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:20:32 PM

Financial services companies have started to issue their own crypto currencies which would definitely affect the crypto currencies marketcap including bitcoin.

Its not asia which now influences bitcoin prie,but particularly south east asia where countries like japan,vietnam,philippines have a friendly approach towards bitcoin.

We could not forget the price increase in bitcoin immediately after legalization of bitcoin in japan.China has also now lost its dominant place in bitcoin market.

Japan has now become the eye opener for other countries in adopting bitcoin successfully.

I agree with your clarification on the Asia aspect. I'm waiting to see how India reacts to Bitcoin. The government has yet to publish any strong sentiment against or for it. For now, China can be considered out of the crypto supporter market. I believe that Japan or the US could be the next dominant area for Bitcoin. We'll need to see who adopts it quickly and allows their citizens to use it freely.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1316
Merit: 622

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

Lots of people right now are in asia that interested in bitcoin that i think influence the price of bitcoin there are lots of experiment and new technology are been made from asia like what i heard from 2015 that there is someone made an portable atm machine from asia in the philippines it means they are developing bitcoin here in asia..
The big influence is here in asia base in what i seen..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Unplugged

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:39:48 PM

Highly populated region equates to higher potential users meaning it will totally effect the pricing. Asia has been one of the major Bitcoin hodler, miner and trader. The pricing will always depends on the availability of it and the demand for it.

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:42:53 PM

and

Interest from Asia

I guess the big banks are realizing the potential of bitcoins and now they want in on it. That's just how things are when a new technology is emerging people would want to invest into it and get a piece of the pie. Now the early adopters will likely be super stoked to know that prices will go up again in the near future. Probably it could even go as high as 10,000 at the end of the year.
Danilotot

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:26:21 AM

I thought that bitcoin has to be SEC approved in order to be bought by institutional buyers.
Can you mention a few big institutional buyers that buy bitcoins?I don`t think so.
Asian countries (without China)are more cryptocurrency friendly than before,because they want to

Any investor can invest in bitcoin. and anywhere token. like ethereum. china is really much harder because they have not received cryptocurrency in their country. but we are aware of the number of entrepreneurs in their country they also want to invest in crypto. when it comes to the day that it's super-rich because of the china country it's still not in their mind to enter the cryptocurrency.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:34:40 AM

and

Interest from Asia
To me influence from Asia country is what is affecting bitcoin pricing now and I think banning rumor and news is what had bring the price down. Big investors are afraid and that is why they are selling off.  The panic that comes through news from south Korea,  China and India is what has brought bitcoin to were it is today. We should expect the price to recover if we began to hear positive thing from China and other Asia countries.
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:01:10 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

What are you talking about? Bitcoin doesn't have to be anything approved to be bought by anyone. That's the whole point? It's about financial freedom from centralized bs.

The FBI has a store of bitcoins. Goldman & Sachs has notably gone on the news saying they've invested millions in bitcoins last summer.

Banks have invested in ripple, but many news sources are saying banks are starting to buy up BTC in 2018.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 09:59:38 AM

The FBI has a store of bitcoins. Goldman & Sachs has notably gone on the news saying they've invested millions in bitcoins last summer.

Banks have invested in ripple, but many news sources are saying banks are starting to buy up BTC in 2018.

Yep - there is one procurement company that buys crypto for institutional investors. Their minimum order value is $500,000.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:33:07 AM

It depends on the institution. Pension funds must only invest in SEC approved securities by Federal law. And mutual funds listed on the American stock exchanges have to abide by SEC rules too.

But because hedge funds are private, they have no rules.

In the rest of the world the rules arn't as strict. You were looking for an institutional investor - here's one:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-22/gold-fund-joins-bitcoin-frenzy-as-bulls-see-prices-at-10-000

Old Mutual is a British investment house. Here is a quote from the article:

The Old Mutual Gold & Silver Fund, which manages $220 million of mostly precious metal equities, is jumping on the bitcoin wagon.

The fund started buying in April with a mandate to allocate as much as 5 percent to cryptocurrencies, according to its manager, Ned Naylor-Leyland. The idea is to take profits from bitcoin as it advances to reinvest in gold and silver assets, he said in an interview on Nov. 16.

“Bitcoin was explicitly designed to be digital gold,” said Naylor-Leyland. “So if you’re going to have a small proportion of a fund in bitcoin, it should be in a gold fund, because that’s exactly the point. It’s about bringing the ownership of disciplined money into the modern world. Bitcoin is paving the way for the reintroduction of gold as global money.”

Notice that they started investing in bitcoin in April 2017, the month that the price of bitcoin exceeded the price of gold. I expect they have done very nicely out of their investment and their fund holders are pleased.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Pages: [1]
  Print