Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:06:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The gap between poor and rich countries, a major impediment to global adoption  (Read 280 times)
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 06:05:39 PM

I'm also from an underdevelopment country, the situation here is pretty cool. Everyone likes to welcome new technologies including the blockchain. I won't say that it has grown in the mass type, but I can see it's growing rapidly. So, now it's just a matter of time to reach person to person when everyone will have a bitcoin/crypto wallet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:17:24 PM

Undoubtedly, the acceptance of bitcoin is growing in a remarkable way, but most of the people involved in these field are people from Europe, Asia and America. For me who live in an underdeveloped country of Latin America I find it disappointing to see the little interest that people have in these technological issues, and the great ignorance that still prevails with respect to cryptocurrencies.

In addition, in these countries people have very few aspirations and do not seem interested in matters related to technology. And from what I see, in places like Africa, something similar seems to happen.

This type of educational, economic and technological limitations will only mean a delay for bitcoin to become a cryptocurrency of truly global scope and use.
I think you and your country needs to focus more on these three things first before you even think about Bitcoin being a global currency. Yes it is good that you are setting your sights to BTC becoming a global currency but it is actually achievable if everyone in your country is literate both educationally and technologically as there will be no existing barriers if that happens in the future. Right now what you can only hope for is that your government will find a way to have progress on the things you have mentioned.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 06:31:45 PM

Undoubtedly, the acceptance of bitcoin is growing in a remarkable way, but most of the people involved in these field are people from Europe, Asia and America. For me who live in an underdeveloped country of Latin America I find it disappointing to see the little interest that people have in these technological issues, and the great ignorance that still prevails with respect to cryptocurrencies.

In addition, in these countries people have very few aspirations and do not seem interested in matters related to technology. And from what I see, in places like Africa, something similar seems to happen.

This type of educational, economic and technological limitations will only mean a delay for bitcoin to become a cryptocurrency of truly global scope and use.
I think you and your country needs to focus more on these three things first before you even think about Bitcoin being a global currency. Yes it is good that you are setting your sights to BTC becoming a global currency but it is actually achievable if everyone in your country is literate both educationally and technologically as there will be no existing barriers if that happens in the future. Right now what you can only hope for is that your government will find a way to have progress on the things you have mentioned.
Right now we are really having a hard time with how economy works, it is really hard that we have to work hard for us to survive and there is a gap between rich and poor, but what can I say is it is up to us how we are going to make ourselves financially free, and crypto is one of the best way for us to become rich one, with this we can adapt as well global adoption.
ronics

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 12:07:48 PM

obsulotely right. This topic in most parts of pleasant America and in the African country can be the aspect of the borrowing rate of a cryptocurrency. we will think of the situation in which the countries are located, it moves in the same pound of Europe and Asia. The time is up for a cryptocurrency that reaches all Africa.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:35:00 AM

What country do you live in?

If I were you I would see this as an incredible entrepreneurial opportunity, your English is good and you are posting on bitcointalk. That shows promise.

I live in the USA and I know I would have a tough time pitching bitcoin or other crypto's to people vs the USD, especially to baby boomers who have all their savings/investments in traditional assets.

For you though it probably is not the case, in my opinion you could have a legit business just preaching/teaching bitcoin basics.

In addition, in these countries people have very few aspirations and do not seem interested in matters related to technology.

They may not be interested in the tech, just show them that if they put their native currency into bitcoin or other cryptos how well it would have done in the past 5 years vs. their native currency!

The only barrier I think would be how they would spent it? Maybe there are some fiat gateways in your country that would allow them to?

Venezuela is a great example right now btw.
I am very sure and I know it cannot be that bad since I have been to some African countries in the past, and I noticed that in places like Nigeria, South Africa and few other countries in Africa really do have a lot of people with great interest since they have access to the internet anyway, so over time, it might take a gradual process seeing the same impact in the developed countries in the underdeveloped countries, but I believe over time things will gradually change.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: