Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:24:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats the differennce between a patriot and a terrorist?  (Read 1971 times)
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:35:17 AM

Whats the differennce between a patriot and a terrorist?

The patriot won. The terrorist lost.

This.

The winner writes the history book and assigns the labels.

Defining by tactics is not useful.  As repulsive as I find it for someone to hijack a civilian plane and fly it into a building full of civilians, it is just as ugly a tactic as dropping a 70/30 mix of incendiary bombs / anti-personnel bombs on a city built of bamboo and paper.  Once war has been become the answer, it is foolish to fight with anything less than everything you have.  "Rules of Engagement" are only justified if they serve to further speed victory.

The third, and final, victory by the Romans over Carthage should be the model by which we fight wars.  If we are unwilling to take war to that level we should not be going to war.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:39:55 AM

I don't call people opposite my side terrorists. I do not like that word at all.
I think there is a time for it.  Yes it is definitely misused often.  Terrorism is not an accidental thing though.  If a person did not intend for the image of what they did to live on in the memories of their victims and cause suffering, then they are not a terrorist.  Asymmetrical warfare will always play out this way.  Soon there won't be such a thing on any sort of large scale.  As technology comes at us faster it will become easier for weaker states to come by WMDs.  Then we're stuck back in the cold era, mutual assured destruction.  Whose button finger slips first is a fun game!  Ooops!  Found out that it takes a lot more security to hold in those bio weapons.
Wow how did I get there.. I must really hate my birthday lol..

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 04:45:18 AM

This.

Defining by tactics is not useful.  As repulsive as I find it for someone to hijack a civilian plane and fly it into a building full of civilians, it is just as ugly a tactic as dropping a 70/30 mix of incendiary bombs / anti-personnel bombs on a city built of bamboo and paper.  Once war has been become the answer, it is foolish to fight with anything less than everything you have.  "Rules of Engagement" are only justified if they serve to further speed victory.

The third, and final, victory by the Romans over Carthage should be the model by which we fight wars.  If we are unwilling to take war to that level we should not be going to war.
Well the tactic defines itself.  I think the problem here is that we've been told that if terrorism exists we must fight it.  Many people will proudly call their self a terrorist.  It's just a term for a method of war.  What is sad is that the US doesn't get branded in the same way.  Know what a double tap is?  Dropping a bomb on a target then waiting for help to come and bombing them.  It's a war crime, and my country does it constantly.  Same with signature strikes.. just as disgusting.  So I'm not saying there is nothing to your argument, yes history is written by the winner.  I think we need to call more people terrorists, not less Smiley

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:47:06 AM

If your views are same or similar to the govt, you are a patriot and your coffin will be draped in your country's flag, if your views are contradictory, you are terrorist, do not need a coffin, you will be blasted to bits by the Predator.
TomUnderSea

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 04:56:45 AM

This.

Well the tactic defines itself.  I think the problem here is that we've been told that if terrorism exists we must fight it.  Many people will proudly call their self a terrorist.  It's just a term for a method of war.  What is sad is that the US doesn't get branded in the same way.  Know what a double tap is?  Dropping a bomb on a target then waiting for help to come and bombing them.  It's a war crime, and my country does it constantly.  Same with signature strikes.. just as disgusting.  So I'm not saying there is nothing to your argument, yes history is written by the winner.  I think we need to call more people terrorists, not less Smiley

A "double tap" is nothing compared to the 70/30 incendiary/anti-personnel mix of bombs used to burn Tokyo during WWII.  The anti-personnel bombs were targeted at the fire fighters.

Every little BTC helps.  14P3TfbttSpQ3BxUjwrUrmNU6F4mB9aMS5
rimbit

Activity: 353

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 05:23:08 AM

Also dont forget that terrorism is not just about war.
Banks, Government and "others" are just as guilty of terrorism and more so when they inflict it on their own countrymen

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: