Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:33:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hashtag to report on the imminent financial collapse!  (Read 444 times)
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:27:48 PM

I started this hashtag a few weeks ago.. I am using it to post articles, Statistics and Videos outlining the global financial collapse.  

In a classic "Crypto" styling..  #ItsCrappening has been unleashed!

Feel free to tag any and all info you find that points to the FACT we are in an EVERYTHING bubble that is teetering on the edge of a VERY steep cliff!  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Only those wanting to spread FUD would actually use your hashtag seeing as most people on here would disagree with you.
Out of interest, what is your reasoning for the so called impending bubble burst? What economic proof do you have? Many before you have said the exact same thing only to see BTC to continue to skyrocket. I'm not saying that the price won't eventually crash (you can't rule everything out) but what's your basis for claiming that it's imminent?
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:06:08 PM

Who said anything about Bitcoin collapsing?  If you re-read my post...  the global financial system is what I am referring too... last I checked.. that means FIAT currency.

Want to know how I KNOW the system is collapsing?  Well... first off.. we have about 300X MORE DEBT than we did in 2008... and that crisis was caused by TOO MUCH DEBT... doesn't take a genius to figure that one out...  Secondly.. Every dollar that goes into Bitcoin.. LEAVES the debt based money system... Robbing the dollar of purchasing power, and speeding INFLATION...  This is not FUD.. it's actually the COMPLETE opposite...  I am excited to see the horribly corrupt debt based system come to its end.. and be replaced by a COLLATERAL based system ie: Cryptocurrency

#ItsCrappening !
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:08:02 PM

Wouldn't crypto collapse along side it since it's pegged to fiat? Specifically USD?
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:16:18 PM

Quite the opposite.. the only reason bitcoin is pegged to the USD is because that is the main way to obtain it at this point in time.  Once the USD collapses.. people will have a choice.. continue using money that is worthless.. essentially driving us back to the stone age...  Or they can leave the debt based system behind and adopt cryptocurrency as a main method of exchange.  Dollars are nothing more than printed pieces of paper.. the only thing that gives them value is the fact we use them for exchange.  Cryptocurrency can serve this exact purpose at a far lesser cost..  As more and more businesses adopt cryptocurrency.. the need to convert to fiat will become less and less.  Bitcoins value has very little to do with the USD..  USD is simply the easiest form of valuation that we can currently comprehend.  When it costs $300 for a loaf of bread.. and $1000 to fill your gas tank...  It would make perfect sense for Bitcoin be worth millions.. even billions of dollars...  although..  I see bitcoin as replacing the USD as a reserve currency...  Instead of judging value in USD..  all things will be valued against BTC..  an actual/tangible store of wealth based on COLLATERAL.. not DEBT..  If you see Bitcoin as nothing more than an investment vehicle.. you will have a hard time comprehending this I'm sure... 
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:32:33 PM

I present Exhibit A in support of what happens when an indebted nation prints money into Oblivion.... 
http://n7.alamy.com/zooms/7189408b72214c60a82d147e624ca034/close-up-of-a-fifty-billion-zimbabwean-dollar-banknote-gdtjp8.jpg
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:10:47 PM

Quite the opposite.. the only reason bitcoin is pegged to the USD is because that is the main way to obtain it at this point in time.  Once the USD collapses.. people will have a choice.. continue using money that is worthless.. essentially driving us back to the stone age...  Or they can leave the debt based system behind and adopt cryptocurrency as a main method of exchange.  Dollars are nothing more than printed pieces of paper.. the only thing that gives them value is the fact we use them for exchange.  Cryptocurrency can serve this exact purpose at a far lesser cost..  As more and more businesses adopt cryptocurrency.. the need to convert to fiat will become less and less.  Bitcoins value has very little to do with the USD..  USD is simply the easiest form of valuation that we can currently comprehend.  When it costs $300 for a loaf of bread.. and $1000 to fill your gas tank...  It would make perfect sense for Bitcoin be worth millions.. even billions of dollars...  although..  I see bitcoin as replacing the USD as a reserve currency...  Instead of judging value in USD..  all things will be valued against BTC..  an actual/tangible store of wealth based on COLLATERAL.. not DEBT..  If you see Bitcoin as nothing more than an investment vehicle.. you will have a hard time comprehending this I'm sure...  

Nah, I get where you're coming from. But we're still in uncharted territory here. I'm having a hard time seeing bitcoin as a savior in a potentially catastrophic event. I can see it gaining traction and being massively popular within 10-15 years, but not under such a stressful situation. In such an event, wouldn't the actual value of bitcoin be reset? Would a bitcoin still be worth a car that is now valued at 5xxx$? I think it would have to start from the ground up, wouldn't it?
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:13:18 PM

The media claims europeans buy flat screen tvs, laptops/PCs and other electronic goods in an effort to maintain the value of their wealth whenever there are fears the euro will fail. In countries like venezuela where their national currency the bolivar has devalued significantly in recent years, bitcoin could be extremely valuable as a means of preventing wealth from being destroyed via hyperinflation.

Bitcoin being decoupled from fragile world economies, many of which are near the brink of collapse, could one of the most neglected reasons for its impressive performance in recent times. When fiat becomes unreliable and there are fears of devaluation/hyperinflation, the reasonable reaction is to look for alternatives. And that could be where bitcoin and crypto come into the picture.
BelieveInBitcoin

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:54:27 PM

I started this hashtag a few weeks ago.. I am using it to post articles, Statistics and Videos outlining the global financial collapse.  

I'd be interested in reading more - whereabouts have you posted?
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:22:49 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 11:43:29 PM by XXXJAYXXX

I mostly just post links on my facebook page.. but if you would like to dive into some of this stuff.. there are a TON of people on youtube covering it...  People like Jim Rickards, Bob Holter and Lynnette Zang were SCREAMING about imminent collapse back in 2006/2007..  they are at it again..  While they are part of the old bunch who is stuck in the gold game and can't see the value of crypto's.. the info they put out about the economy is accurate none the less.  Just search for Financial Collapse on youtube.. you will find a ton of stuff...  

I have also been reading up on Clif High... the guy is brilliant.. and his web bot project has been pretty much spot on with cryptos over the last few years.  He has a ton of interviews etc posted on youtube as well.  He get's into a lot of "woo woo" shit.. but overall it's completely fascinating to see how his data correlates to real world events...  It predicted the Equifax hack.. and the Vegas shooting most recently...  though its sometimes tough to tell what the data actually points too until the event actually unfolds..   For instance.. Equifax hack showed up as language around a "Credit Freeze".. and the Vegas shooting showed up as language regarding "Kennedy's Ghost" (Lone gunman, upper floor window, Confusion on number of shooters and location of shots fired, mass conspiracy theories etc)  VERY interesting stuff... a definite "Rabbit hole" if you will... lol

*Edit*  Also check out The Dollar Vigilante (Jeff Berwick), Roadtoroota (Bix Weir), and Jsnip4 on youtube..  these guys do an excellent job exposing the stuff the media doesn't want you to know about in the economy. 
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:32:41 PM

Nah, I get where you're coming from. But we're still in uncharted territory here. I'm having a hard time seeing bitcoin as a savior in a potentially catastrophic event. I can see it gaining traction and being massively popular within 10-15 years, but not under such a stressful situation. In such an event, wouldn't the actual value of bitcoin be reset? Would a bitcoin still be worth a car that is now valued at 5xxx$? I think it would have to start from the ground up, wouldn't it?

If you look at the "innovation adoption curve".. which is a natural cycle of technology adoption that has proven true for thousands of years of technological revolutions.. you would see that the 1% marker is a key point in this phase.  Every time there is a massive change in paradigms with the way the world works.. the first several years are what is called the "innovator stage".. this stage is present until 1% of the population has discovered this innovation.  Following 1% we move to the "Early Adopter" stage.. which is the beginning of the "knee" in the adoption curve (which is "S" shaped)...  It generally takes 1/10th the amount of time (or less) to reach 2%.. and then 1/10th of THAT time to reach 3%...  Your idea of "15 years from now" is about to be realized in less than 15 MONTHS if the adoption curve holds true.... Be prepared for the "Chasm" which should happen towards the end of 2017...  and then a sharp ROCKET upwards as we enter the early adopter stage...  You can research this adoption curve for yourself if you like...  

*edit* And why would it start from the ground up?  Did the big banks start from the ground up when they took control of our money a hundred years ago?  I don't think so..  these people are currently in control because of generational wealth that has been stolen from the public and passed down for hundreds of years..  Now its OUR turn..  WE are the smart ones who invested in this technology early..  and WE will reap the benefits of TAKING THAT RISK....  It's called a free market economy..  and cryptocurrency is the first time we have EVER had an actual/un-manipulated free economy...  There will be no reset...  those who chose to prop up the old system of debt slavery will be left in the dust... 
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:32:27 AM

Basically I see one of two scenarios happening...  Either the mass population of the planet will endure another "great depression" and set humanity back a decade or two in technological advancement... OR they will switch over to a new system that is already in place and just waiting to pick up the slack so that business and innovation can carry on un-hindered by the fictional debt based dollar....   I may be putting some misplaced faith in Humanity here.. but I think we are smarter than option A...
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6006

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:18:18 AM

Unfortunately, Bitcoin is still far away from your dreams. Really.

We have currently about 5-10 million users and already are operating near the limit of our blockchain capacity. Segwit can (approximately) double that capacity. LN believers think it can multiply it, but I believe it cannot, because LN needs a lot of on-chain capacity to close channels (a very important feature because it's the only one that protects you from scammers).

And no, I don't believe in the monetarist scenario of a #Crappening. This has been predicted every year and nothing has happened (with the exception of the 2007-09 crisis, that could well repeat itself). Incentives are more important than numbers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:51:09 AM

Unfortunately, Bitcoin is still far away from your dreams. Really.

We have currently about 5-10 million users and already are operating near the limit of our blockchain capacity. Segwit can (approximately) double that capacity. LN believers think it can multiply it, but I believe it cannot, because LN needs a lot of on-chain capacity to close channels (a very important feature because it's the only one that protects you from scammers).

And no, I don't believe in the monetarist scenario of a #Crappening. This has been predicted every year and nothing has happened (with the exception of the 2007-09 crisis, that could well repeat itself). Incentives are more important than numbers.

I was referring to Cryptocurrency in general.  Bitcoin will be a store of wealth similar to gold... which is also much too "Heavy" and "Costly" to use as a day to day payment method... hence the term "store of wealth" is used.  Payment layers will be handled by the much faster and cheaper blockchains such as Litecoin and Dash, and businesses themselves will create equity in their tokens.  Its a whole new economy being built right under everyone's noses.. and I feel it will be an easily accepted replacement when the time comes.

And if you look hard enough.. the collapse has already begun...  
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:56:16 AM

Remember.. Collapse doesn't necessarily mean the stock market will go down...  In the case of hyperinflation.. the value of the stocks will actually appear to be doing extremely well...  the only problem is the reduced purchasing power of each dollar in the system.  We will all be Zimbabwe millionaire's very soon...
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:39:41 PM

Here are a few key indicators that the news isn't talking about:

1:  Inflation:  The US Federal Reserve (which is neither federal, nor holds any reserves) has been printing roughly 1 trillion dollars per year for the last 8 consecutive years.  This is driving inflation up and making it harder for them to pay off their debts...  the only way to reduce inflation is to raise interest rates...  But...  raising interest rates is likely to cause a cascade of USD dumping by foreign nations.. which will cause the stock market to plummet..  so either they keep printing money causing hyperinflation that crashes the economy.. or they stop printing money and the economy crashes..  Hummmmm....

2: Petro Dollar standard being removed globally:  China has announced they are working towards removing the dollar as the standard currency for purchasing oil on the world wide markets.  They have introduced a GOLD BACKED standard in which Oil can be purchased using Yuan.. and those certificates are redeemable for gold..  The US has been fighting wars for several decades in order to maintain the Petro Dollar dominance (which has created artificial demand driving the value up much higher than it should be)..  that is about to come to a forcible end.. at which time the US will be forced to accept a seriously devalued currency to use on the world wide markets.. the USD will be worthless.   

3: The EVERYTHING bubble:  Stock prices, Derivatives, Real Estate, and the Bond market are ALL over-priced due to the reckless money printing by the US Fed.  These amounts are inflated TRILLIONS of dollars above actual fair market value...  The dollar price that is represented by these markets has not been adjusted for hyperinflation..  the prices are up.. but the value is actually DOWN... 

ALL of these indicators are easy enough to see if you actually LOOK for them..  #ItsCrappening !
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6006

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:37:44 PM

I was referring to Cryptocurrency in general.  Bitcoin will be a store of wealth similar to gold... which is also much too "Heavy" and "Costly" to use as a day to day payment method... hence the term "store of wealth" is used.  Payment layers will be handled by the much faster and cheaper blockchains such as Litecoin and Dash, and businesses themselves will create equity in their tokens.  Its a whole new economy being built right under everyone's noses.. and I feel it will be an easily accepted replacement when the time comes.

And why should it be Bitcoin that is the "gold" and others the payment layers?

The question is not easy to answer in a really convincing manner. Dash supporters, for example, could say that their coin is "superior" or even "more valuable" than Bitcoin because of its enhanced privacy features. Ethereum supporters could give you the same argument because of their enhanced smart contract ability, and they already were dreaming of a "Flippening" this year (which hasn't happened, but they were closer than other coins before.).

But even if Bitcoin, until now, has never been "surpassed" by another altcoin, there is no reason for it to be, forever, "superior" to other cryptocurrencies. The only reason could be usage as a currency, but that won't happen if it is too "heavy" or "expensive" for that. So speculation on its marginalization or even "death" will continue to drive volatility, and it won't be usable as an unit of account.

In my opinion, the "Bitcoin as gold" -> "other chains as payment layers" scenario could only happen with pegged sidechains. This is also the reason why I still have some hope for mass adoption, but the sidechain scenario still has to be investigated and must prove that it works. Otherwise, Bitcoin will just be a currency among many.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
XXXJAYXXX (OP)

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:56:46 PM

Bitcoin WILL be a currency among many.. But it is viewed currently as the most secure and most widely accepted blockchain for storing value.  I don't believe this will ever change aside from perhaps one of the forks becoming more widely adopted.  This tech is still very much in it's infancy, but the amount of money currently pouring into the space will change that VERY rapidly.  The world is moving from a debt based system to an asset based system.  Cryptocurrency in general will BECOME those assets.  In the not too distant future.. there will be no centralized exchanges.  Everything will be decentralized as this is the new paradigm we are entering..  with cross chain swaps and many companies working on decentralized exchange wallets.. you will be able to transfer virtually any "asset" into currency.  Lets say you start "XYZ" company and tokenize ownership of that company.  The market will decide the value of your ASSET the same way it is done in a (theoretical) open market stock exchange (we all know the current market is anything but "open")..  Cross chain swaps will then allow direct conversion of your asset to a currency that is accepted by the merchant you are dealing with.  You seem to be missing the VERY obvious adoption curve we are experiencing..  we have passed the 1% marker and are approaching 3% very quickly.. once we hit 3% the entire world will spend the next several decades switching everything over to the new economy..  Don't believe me?  Just look at the internet and what it has done since it hit 3% in 1996...  Denying this adoption curve is a fools errand...
tamawaelah

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

trading for living

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 07:58:20 PM

In a classic "Crypto" styling..  #ItsCrappening has been unleashed!

Feel free to tag any and all info you find that points to the FACT we are in an EVERYTHING bubble that is teetering on the edge of a VERY steep cliff!  

on my side, you're right dude because the bitcoin price is to fragile now, it can broke down as timebomb everytime, but for now to many good news in it.
i do confused right now, many thing make me confused, what investors wanna do and wanna move ? there to many trap out there. Sad
you buy and you got trapped,when just watch and see shit are moving up. Really confused. which is one is a good way to do, hahaha

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: