Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:12:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Segwit2x CANCELLED and Parity issue!  (Read 1183 times)
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 08:59:00 AM

I'm not sure it wasnt just a pnd scheme for whales to dump @7700+

Which they did.

_
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:37:12 AM

The cancellation of Segwit2x is a fantastic move made by the Segwit devs. They have finally realized that, right now, Bitcoin is not facing many scalability issues and the ones which it faces are resolved- which means that there is no need for the fork!

Bitcoin Core developers never had anything to do with Segwit2x. It was an agreement made by a bunch of Bitcoin service companies and miners. As such, the developers played no part in "cancelling" the agreement. That was done by a handful of the most influential companies.

But you're right that the scalability issues that Segwit2x was supposed to solve were blown out of proportion. I believe the congestion we are currently seeing on the network is partly due to concerted spam attacks by Bitmain. I'm not too concerned about it. It's annoying, but it forces us to use more efficiency in batching payments and avoiding unnecessary transactions.

The Eth parity issues are due to another network hack, but luckily it is not effecting many people- or the price as it has been steadily gaining the past few days.

It was not a "network hack" but rather a badly written wallet contract. In other words, it has nothing to do with the network/protocol, just one feature of one wallet. It sucks for those who have their ETH frozen. From a supply/demand perspective, it's actually good for ETH holders, though.
Nana_Marini

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:32:45 AM

Yesterday, I got an email. I got information that Segwit2x will be held on Nov 16, but I don't know the news is true or not.  So we must preapare about it  Wink
wordspavovv

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 10:37:06 AM

So many shits happening right now in cryptoworld. What would happen after the cancellation of Segwit? Also the parity issue that locks huge amount of ethereum. I just want to know your opinion.

After the cancellation of Segwit2 people will start buy alts , the party is over for bitcoin for now. About Parity, yeah, this is huge... is not the first time people loosing money because of a bug, this is a thing in crypto world that always can happen again and again..

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ichanjay (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:22:03 PM

Once the segwit resumes, I think another dip on the alts will happen but not as much as what happened few weeks ago. Since majority of the alts are recovering again
Keziara

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 02:56:48 PM

really the news is not unexpected ,, maybe this time its another Altcoin back up after the old time slumped its price ,, really unexpected ,, but i enjoy it
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:13:09 PM

There are some news spreading that it is not cancelled,they are very un-professional regarding this issue!

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:19:19 PM

This cancellation or let us say, postponement of the fork can really bring us to the situation when Bitcoin will start to fall gradually. Now, when many BTC holders are not interest to keep their crypto on exchanges (as they now understand they will not get free alts for now), they can start exchanging BTC for altcoins, and alts will grow.
And we saw this yersterday. What will be next - lets just see!

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:27:19 PM

The flexibility, the dexterity, the element of surprise etc. These are the factors that make cryptocurrency so superior to any other currency. You can nothold anybody to ransome with decentralization and openess of the blockchain. Bitcoin is stronger! And altcoin will benefit from stronger bitcoin. Simple as  a.b.c..
Fear
aka elbashadodo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 05:48:22 PM

Many investors will sell BTC to buy altcoins. BTC price will down. This is the most suitable time to buy Bitcoin.
Flomo

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2017, 05:54:35 PM

This cancellation may have little effect on the bitcoin value, as most people will sell bitcoin as the news spreads. hopefully after this will support return bitcoin value.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

Looks like attacking Bitcoin from the front didn't work so now they're going from the back with Bitcoin Cash.

redhondaxrm125

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:01:22 PM

Well, as what we all can see, the segwit2x cancellation really did affect the price of bitcoins big time. Because of people dumping their Bitcoins after knowing that they won't get free money anymore. And what's worse is the obvious attacks of bitcoincash on bitcoins. Plus their crazy pump, which lures unexpecting investors to bitcoin cash.

But still, i think it would be great if there wouldn't be anymore segwit2xs that will ever happen. It just ain't healthy for bitcoin.
Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:36:45 PM

Well, as what we all can see, the segwit2x cancellation really did affect the price of bitcoins big time. Because of people dumping their Bitcoins after knowing that they won't get free money anymore. And what's worse is the obvious attacks of bitcoincash on bitcoins. Plus their crazy pump, which lures unexpecting investors to bitcoin cash.

But still, i think it would be great if there wouldn't be anymore segwit2xs that will ever happen. It just ain't healthy for bitcoin.

I thought so too, but Bitcoin is recovering very quickly. For a while I thought people would get scared of the forks and move to a completely different coin, but so far that hasn't happened.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: