Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy 1 &2 SOLDOUT) AVAIL 1 KNC SATURN [200GHs Miner] Day 1 Deliver  (Read 14302 times)
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 01:46:54 PM

First of all, thank you Charles999 for your effort in making the miner work as quick as possible. Every hour of machine operating now will worth days in the future as competition will skyrocket.
+1

I can also vouch for bitparking, with backup pool btcguild.com.

I've checked the spreadsheet, my address is correct.
Thanks again.

I think we agree on that front, main bitparking, backup btcguild.

And +1 to cgwatcher.

Also:

"Hello Ralf,

We are aware there have been problems with CGMiner in the latest firmware 0.93. These have been fixed and new firmware 0.94 will be released on our website later this afternoon. Please apply this as soon as it becomes available.

Regards,

Liam

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Liam Vardy
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20"

New firmware is supposed to be stable, but I wouldn't update is the original is working fine.
Charles999 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:12:35 PM

The mining software is actually running on the KNCminer device itself.  I'm not sure how to go about installing cgwatcher onto the machine.  It's been running over 12 hours smoothly.  I have a ping set on it to email me if anything happens.  to either machine. 

If you guys hear of others installing cgwatcher onto the actual unit successfully, please let me know and provide instructions.  I really don't like to be the guinea pig. 

I'll also look into how to go about setting up a secondary pool in case the first one fails.  The software that comes with kncminer doesn't offer many options.

I looked at bitparking.com and they just recently encountered some DDOS and since things are running so smoothly at the moment with btcguild and it does offer NMC merge mining.  I'll keep it there at this time. 

"2013-10-06: The pool has been suffering a DDoS attack over the last 24 hours and service has been intermittent. I'm working with my service provider to resolve the issue."

I'll wait til things settle down at bitparking.com before making it the primary pool.

Charles

First of all, thank you Charles999 for your effort in making the miner work as quick as possible. Every hour of machine operating now will worth days in the future as competition will skyrocket.

As I suggested you, and I would like the other members to comment on this, we have to choose the best pool.
I suggest bitparking because it is merged with namecoin, ixcoin, i0coin, groupcoin and devcoin. That mean that we mine and get bitcoin as normal plus others SHA256 coins at the same time. Theses coins are very cheap (some not even yet listed on exchange) but if you add them all and price them well it can add between 3% to 6% (maybe more) to our revenues which cannot be neglected.
We should let the most skilled trader of the group exchange theses altcoins to make the best profit.

We also need a watcher like CGWatcher well setup.
It can restart the mining software, restart the operating sytem, it monitor and make statistic (we could all access to it) but more important, it switch to other mining pool when it's down and go back to it when it's up.
The watcher can do a lot of stuff but the main goal is to reduce the downtime. Every few minutes we save everyday will make a big difference after few months.

Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:17:21 PM

Here's the latest btcguild image.  It's generating about the right amount of btc for the 12 hours it's been running.

http://postimg.org/image/mxtb26zl7/
everybodyclapyohands

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 07:12:57 PM

Okay Both units are up and running.  So far no hiccups!  Minor HW errors.. about 1 every few scroll pages.  I am currently using btcguild.com to mine with merge mining NMC also.

If anyone else has a better suggestion, please message me, along with instructions on what's best.  I'm pretty open to suggestions as long as it's a stable pool.

I will let the units run at my house for another hour or so to make sure it's stable.  Then I'll take it over to the data center.

So there's a few things, I'll need from all of you before the first payout.  First, please confirm your Payout addresses are correct. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhCYA7Cr4o3dFhqOGF2U3VXeEVjVEo5T1lUQXBOX0E&usp=sharing

Message me with any corrections.

Thanks

Sent a PM yesterday with a new payout address. What's the schedule for payouts and how is it working with both miners pointed at the same account on the pool? Should they each have their own account, or is all of the hash just being split by 80 instead of 40?

Secure Online Wallet - https://mywl.lt - Vote for your favorite coin
IRC Wallets #digitalcoin on irc.freenode.net
DGC Faucet Free digitalcoin Open source faucet written in NodeJS
Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 08:47:44 PM

I think it's best to merge the two groupbuys together as they are equal and showed up the same day and time.  So it makes sense to just keep them together and split it into 80 shares.  That way if one miner goes down, we all share equally on the downtime.  The first payout will probably take about a week.  I will send out test confirmations to everyone soon.  Those that do not respond, I will hold their btc in a seperate account until there's a response.  Bitcointalk was down for almost a week so I'm sure some are not aware that we received our Miners.

Okay Both units are up and running.  So far no hiccups!  Minor HW errors.. about 1 every few scroll pages.  I am currently using btcguild.com to mine with merge mining NMC also.

If anyone else has a better suggestion, please message me, along with instructions on what's best.  I'm pretty open to suggestions as long as it's a stable pool.

I will let the units run at my house for another hour or so to make sure it's stable.  Then I'll take it over to the data center.

So there's a few things, I'll need from all of you before the first payout.  First, please confirm your Payout addresses are correct. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhCYA7Cr4o3dFhqOGF2U3VXeEVjVEo5T1lUQXBOX0E&usp=sharing

Message me with any corrections.

Thanks

Sent a PM yesterday with a new payout address. What's the schedule for payouts and how is it working with both miners pointed at the same account on the pool? Should they each have their own account, or is all of the hash just being split by 80 instead of 40?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:52:06 AM

I think it's best to merge the two groupbuys together as they are equal and showed up the same day and time.  So it makes sense to just keep them together and split it into 80 shares.  That way if one miner goes down, we all share equally on the downtime.  The first payout will probably take about a week.  I will send out test confirmations to everyone soon.  Those that do not respond, I will hold their btc in a seperate account until there's a response.  Bitcointalk was down for almost a week so I'm sure some are not aware that we received our Miners.

I support this.

Thanks for the updates.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:27:52 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 08:08:37 AM by superresistant

The fees of BTC Guild are crazy.
We should try bitparking once they are up. In the meantime I recommend Eligius (GWK STM GBT NMC 105% PPS 0% fees).

See here for comparison :
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools
ivanlabrie

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:00:57 PM

I think it's best to merge the two groupbuys together as they are equal and showed up the same day and time.  So it makes sense to just keep them together and split it into 80 shares.

541.05 / 80 = 6.763 Gh per share, correct ?

The fees of BTC Guild are crazy.
We should try bitparking once they are up. In the meantime I recommend Eligius (GWK STM GBT NMC 105% PPS 0% fees).

See here for comparison :
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

3% fee for pplns and merged mining at btcguild. 7.5% is for pps.
Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:33:40 PM

Okay So far we've been running without any hiccups for 2 and a half days.  I know btcguild charges 3% but I really like how smooth their pool is and how little errors I see coming from the miners.  They also have some pretty graphs.  So I figure 3% isn't so bad to pay for stability and all.  Also you get some Namecoins.  After we get a certain amount, I'll sell the namecoins off and add it to the payouts.

If there's no majority objection, I'll keep it on btcguild.com.  The weekend is getting close and I don't want to drive to the office if a particular pool goes down. 

I plan on getting everything ready and sending out some test payments to all the addresses I have listed.  After the test payments have gone out, I will need everyone to respond to confrm that they received the payment.  After this confirmation, I will send out your full portion of the earnings. 

If there is no response, I will hold the payments until a response is received. 
adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

all sounds good to me.

Nice work.

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 08:08:00 AM

All right, can we have an estimate of the earning ?

The total hashrate is about 541.05 according to the pictures. You said it will be divided equally among 80 shares so that's 6.763 Gh per share, correct ?

Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:35:31 PM

Yes, that's pretty close.  So far total earnings is about 4.8 btc to be split among 80 shares.  Keep an eye on the google docs spreadsheet, I will try to attach graphs.

All right, can we have an estimate of the earning ?

The total hashrate is about 541.05 according to the pictures. You said it will be divided equally among 80 shares so that's 6.763 Gh per share, correct ?

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:35:57 PM

We are lucky, KNC miner is very late for shipping the other machines giving us more time to hash at a lower difficulty.

Gogogo !
Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:09:38 AM

Okay a little bit of bad news and good news.  Firs the bad news. Well one of the miners had a hiccup while mining and we went without mining for a few hours on it.  It didn't seem to want to start mining again after I recycled the power so I decided to upgrade that unit to version .95.  After the upgrade, it seems to mine again.

The good news is it's mining a little bit faster about 15 GHS faster than before.  And the other good news is I've set that miner on bitparking.com's pool.  I think I have everything right.  I'm still waiting for the first payment to come through.

I'm leaving the second miner alone right now as I do not know how stable version .95 is yet.  Also the second miner has been performing very well with no hiccups.

ivanlabrie

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 09:13:06 PM

Sounds like the right thing to do...good thing you're managing these units.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 07:54:28 AM

Okay a little bit of bad news and good news.  Firs the bad news. Well one of the miners had a hiccup while mining and we went without mining for a few hours on it.  It didn't seem to want to start mining again after I recycled the power so I decided to upgrade that unit to version .95.  After the upgrade, it seems to mine again.

The good news is it's mining a little bit faster about 15 GHS faster than before.  And the other good news is I've set that miner on bitparking.com's pool.  I think I have everything right.  I'm still waiting for the first payment to come through.

I'm leaving the second miner alone right now as I do not know how stable version .95 is yet.  Also the second miner has been performing very well with no hiccups

Adding 15 GHZ is a great. Thx for using the pool I suggested.

Any little improvement will make a big difference in the mid/long term.
Charles999 (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:12:32 PM

OKay, I've sent a small test payment to all the group buy accounts.  If you receive your tiny amount from the address:

18eFPFEyZdWchdSHWk7pDs141aaSVbE9W7

Please message me so that I can send the first full payment.

I will not send any btc to those who do not respond.  I don't want to send to a dead btc account and lose your money.  So message me and you'll  receive your first payment in the next day or so.

Thanks
bug1234

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:32:36 AM

yes received 0.0001 Cheesy
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:57:42 AM

My mcxNOW wallet don't allow me to see the transaction that are less than 0.01BTC but my address and the transaction are correct in the blockchain so it is working.
skrubalov

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:08:48 AM

i've recieved 0.0001 too. Everything is working.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: