Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:04:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to set up a crypto company  (Read 608 times)
nljoker (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

Hi guys,

I have been active a lot on this forum, however just decided to create an account. I'll keep this short and would like to know your thoughts Smiley.

I would like to share my idea and hopefully find people who would like to help me set things up.

So, I've been involved in cryptocurrencies since March 2015. Started with a couple hundred euro's (Im from the Netherlands), and was able to expand my portfolio over the time. Some of my friends caught up and asked me if I could help them set up accounts and get them involved in crypto's as well.

Now I am 2.5 years in, and currently I have 17 people who I help invest in cryptocurrencies. What I basically do, I manage their accounts and money and move around the money to different crypto's to maximize profits. However, I am currently graduating and it's very hard to combine the management of all their portfolio's (including mine) and make time to write my thesis ... I've been asked to set-up an actual company in order to manage their portfolio's from a business perspective.

Here comes the problem. I am, in my opinion, good with numbers and finance. But, I do not know how all the technological stuff behind creating a website and so on works. Therefore I am seeking help. Maybe even crowdfund if needed.

I am willing to invest in this project, but still need people who are able to help me Smiley

Let me know what you guys think, if I should proceed with this project or not. Already have customers, but I'd like to make this easier for me and them.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Cheers.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonesoul

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 04:42:01 PM

there are basically asking for a company because it mean liability. consider this twice.

AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:20:36 PM

There are pros and cons with starting this as an actual business.
The biggest advantage would be the new clients you could gain as well as having a credible site to show the service you offer.
However, if you start this as a business not only will you need to register a company and become personally liable, you'd also need to apply for certain licenses which could cost more to keep than the profits you end up making.
If you don't want to expand too much and are happy ;helping' out your fiends as it is then I'd advise against it. You stand more to lose than gain.
nljoker (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 05:48:41 PM

Good points actually.

In the Netherlands there are company structures which make you not personally liable.

However, the licenses are expensive indeed.

Possiblities to create an ICO and base it around that?
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 06:56:21 PM

Good points actually.

In the Netherlands there are company structures which make you not personally liable.

Again it all depends on the purpose of establishing the company. Are you looking to expand? Why did your friends ask you to create the site. If there's no need for it then it's not worthwhile.
I don't see how an ICO would help in any case though. How do you propose it would help?
Jetsginza

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:21:14 PM

If you want to set up a company, check my list
- what is the purpose
- Understanding Dapp and the open source Blockchain platform
- You should look through ETH platform, easy to set Token and Dapp
- White paper, business plan detail.
- Find out Advisers and Mentor.
----------------------
Good luck
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 07:25:29 PM

So basically its like you do trading for others with their money and generate profits. Correct me if I am wrong. I think, for this you don't need to have an ICO. But you need to create a website for this, if you consider to expand this business among other people. For that you can hire developers from xbtfreelancer.com or workingforbitcoins.com. These both sites are good freelancing sites that accept payment via bitcoin.
nljoker (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:12:19 PM

Good points actually.

Again it all depends on the purpose of establishing the company. Are you looking to expand? Why did your friends ask you to create the site. If there's no need for it then it's not worthwhile.
I don't see how an ICO would help in any case though. How do you propose it would help?

I am looking to expand. Currently graduating and it seems that there is potential for this. It's been a word-of-mouth promotion that I've been doing this and I've been getting requests from people what it is I do, how it works and if I can do it for them as well. Which is going to be a hassle if I am going to manage a lot of portfolio's. Creating a system behind it might help in making the management of the portfolio's much easier.

The reason I was thinking of an ICO was because I do not have financial resources or the knowledge to create such a system. I do not want to crowdfund for the wrong reasons, therefore I am exploring my options atm.
bravetheheat

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:01:53 PM

What kind of method do you use in portfolio? I am doing some projects about trading algorithm, and I have a small team to design algorithm to trade crypto.
I am interested in these math and program, my research interests include high frequency trading, maybe we can discuss in these trading things.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:59:16 PM

Good points actually.

I am looking to expand. Currently graduating and it seems that there is potential for this. It's been a word-of-mouth promotion that I've been doing this and I've been getting requests from people what it is I do, how it works and if I can do it for them as well. Which is going to be a hassle if I am going to manage a lot of portfolio's. Creating a system behind it might help in making the management of the portfolio's much easier.

The reason I was thinking of an ICO was because I do not have financial resources or the knowledge to create such a system. I do not want to crowdfund for the wrong reasons, therefore I am exploring my options atm.

If that's the case then there's no harm in trying. Your first step would be to look up the legalities involved and if any licenses are needed.
Creating an actual site shouldn't be too hard. I assume it will be more informational than anything else.
I don't see how the ICO would help though. If you're offering an investment/financial consulting service then won't the users invest through you? If that's the case then why would you need to raise other funds?
crabby

Activity: 276
Merit: 48

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:42:34 AM

I think it is important to consult an actual lawyer when setting up a company. Asking for help online is nice, but it is not a substitute for getting a lawyer involved. Saying that, I don't know what the laws are like in your country, but in many countries, creating a company will actually protect you. Again, I don't know your laws, but in some countries you would be vulnerable right now because if someone isn't happy with you, they will be suing you directly, instead of a company. It can also allow you to have tax benefits, credibility, and a legal foundation for what you are doing.

I think creating a company is a great idea. Depending on what you would like to have on the website, you could probably create the website yourself using a CMS such as Drupal or Joomla. This could also help you expand your customer base and market your services. Best of luck!
galvan jean

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:31:28 AM

Hi guys,

I have been active a lot on this forum, however just decided to create an account. I'll keep this short and would like to know your thoughts Smiley.

I would like to share my idea and hopefully find people who would like to help me set things up.

So, I've been involved in cryptocurrencies since March 2015. Started with a couple hundred euro's (Im from the Netherlands), and was able to expand my portfolio over the time. Some of my friends caught up and asked me if I could help them set up accounts and get them involved in crypto's as well.

Now I am 2.5 years in, and currently I have 17 people who I help invest in cryptocurrencies. What I basically do, I manage their accounts and money and move around the money to different crypto's to maximize profits. However, I am currently graduating and it's very hard to combine the management of all their portfolio's (including mine) and make time to write my thesis ... I've been asked to set-up an actual company in order to manage their portfolio's from a business perspective.

Here comes the problem. I am, in my opinion, good with numbers and finance. But, I do not know how all the technological stuff behind creating a website and so on works. Therefore I am seeking help. Maybe even crowdfund if needed.

I am willing to invest in this project, but still need people who are able to help me Smiley

Let me know what you guys think, if I should proceed with this project or not. Already have customers, but I'd like to make this easier for me and them.

Cheers.

What kind of method do you use in portfolio? I am doing some projects about trading algorithm, and I have a small team to design algorithm to trade crypto.
I am interested in these math and program, my research interests include high frequency trading, maybe we can discuss in these trading things.
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 12:23:16 PM

I think it is important to consult an actual lawyer when setting up a company. Asking for help online is nice, but it is not a substitute for getting a lawyer involved. Saying that, I don't know what the laws are like in your country, but in many countries, creating a company will actually protect you. Again, I don't know your laws, but in some countries you would be vulnerable right now because if someone isn't happy with you, they will be suing you directly, instead of a company. It can also allow you to have tax benefits, credibility, and a legal foundation for what you are doing.

I think creating a company is a great idea. Depending on what you would like to have on the website, you could probably create the website yourself using a CMS such as Drupal or Joomla. This could also help you expand your customer base and market your services. Best of luck!
You're completely right about contacting a lawyer, it's best to look for someone who specializes in financial law.
One or two consults shouldn't cost you too much.

Aside from that, it's also a good idea to consult with an accountant who has experience with crypto-currency. This might be a bit tricky, but it will be worth it in the end.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 05:50:30 PM

Very nice ideas but you should have been seeing how people involved the services of campaign managers, website designers and logos. You should reopen another thread at services sections and you will see many hands that are ready to help you with many ideas and knowledge. I have promote and invest in many projects on this forum and I think you have what it takes to run a good projects.
Willful_Grok

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:42:41 PM

Definitely consult a lawyer (business attorney and security/finance attorney) as well as an accountant.  Frankly, if you are looking to spend more time doing your thesis, this is probably not the best time to start a company.

///***********DaiWare   - A Leader in Artificial Intelligence Predictive Analysis********///
*********************DAIWARE*******************
///____DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY IN DIGITAL HEALTH ANALYTICS____///
Cryptoland

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:43:48 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers.

I think there are a lot of people like this out there and there is no quick answer.  I have people asking me everyday about investing and most of the time i try to avoid it.  But to set yourself up quickly without the limitations I would suggest checking out these guys who are working with a number of companies big and small unto the fortune 500 and create smart contracts and decentralized apps faster than anyone without cost. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2398960.new#new
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 09:54:38 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers.

we dont need another cryptocompany we need a huge the cryptocompany that basically merges everything together, because the costs of markerting are bigger if everyone pursues his own individual project

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: