Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Education in Cryptocurrency  (Read 645 times)
joefdavid (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:17:16 AM

Do you think with the way things are shaping up on cryptocurrency and popularity hitting new heights, should our schooling systems be implementing course and opportunities for young people to learn about this field in depth in school time? Most people i speak to got into cryptocurrency and such through own interest etc

Going forward do you think schools will get up with the times say in the next 5-10 years or will it still be something young people will need to do outside of school time if they want to enhance their knowledge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:21:35 AM

Do you think with the way things are shaping up on cryptocurrency and popularity hitting new heights, should our schooling systems be implementing course and opportunities for young people to learn about this field in depth in school time? Most people i speak to got into cryptocurrency and such through own interest etc

Going forward do you think schools will get up with the times say in the next 5-10 years or will it still be something young people will need to do outside of school time if they want to enhance their knowledge

It is not worth it yet, since some people can not get secondary education, either they do not want laziness or they do not want to go to the schools, and you want to read the course of business training. This should be done for those who are stronger and understand something in people's lives, but not at school or college.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:15:13 AM

I think it is not necessary at least for schools implementing courses and opportunities for cryptocurrencies for students to learn them in depth in school. For now it needs more support from community in order to become mainstream. It also needs more exposure first in the public for adoption rate to increase significantly since only a few of the worlds population use cryptocurrency.. Crypto needs more real world use and if that happens, it is only needed at that point in time.
gmf1000

Activity: 400

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:21:02 AM

Education will come by itself when it is needed...

When someday, cryptocurrency is widely known, I believe it will be there in the education, maybe just a little overview, but crypto will be there ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
midvoc

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:29:36 AM

It is being noticed - I am currently doing a masters degree and in one of the slides it had cryptocurrency lol - I was like wtf  Grin

So it will become more mainstream where terms like crypto and fintech wont be alien to as many people any more.

This is just something I think will happen of course and the opposite will probably occur lol  Undecided Undecided

JohnHero

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:31:43 AM

I guess people that are studying in Economics are learning a few stuffs about it, depending on their teacher, if it's a bit open minded. Other than that, I don't think it's necessary. Even now, we are not thought in school about money, USD, Euro and so on. So why bother with crypto?
gmf1000

Activity: 400

Play2Live presale starts on 5th December

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 03:54:19 PM

I guess people that are studying in Economics are learning a few stuffs about it, depending on their teacher, if it's a bit open minded. Other than that, I don't think it's necessary. Even now, we are not thought in school about money, USD, Euro and so on. So why bother with crypto?

Because it has promising future, and we all need money ~

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
joefdavid (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:52:13 AM

Because it has promising future, and we all need money ~

I agree with the above statement  Roll Eyes but other point above are spot on, there is only a need for education when crypto comes more to the forefront and more for general use! Thanks for the feedback!
Zekia1

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:27:21 AM

Why in school? Maybe too early? I guess it would be useful at the university it - for example, as a course in the study of the crypto-currency in technical or economic specialties.. When young people make the first steps in the profession, choose what to do in the future..
joefdavid (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:45:04 AM

Why in school? Maybe too early? I guess it would be useful at the university it - for example, as a course in the study of the crypto-currency in technical or economic specialties.. When young people make the first steps in the profession, choose what to do in the future..

Yeah i was thinking more along the lines of a module in computing/IT subjects that are sometimes compulsory in schools, the earlier the young people get introduced i feel the more chance they have of taking it further.
Ponylon

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:50:56 AM

schools, especially in the early stages, should definitely give a lot of more focus on technological advancements. The problem is that school is always a little be "behind" in the sense that until the "material" (books, study curicculum, lessons) are prepared and officially "implemented" in the schools, the technology is already out of date. And it's the same with Blockchain, it's something new and a completely new concept that has been around since the last eight years, and people don't even know what it is. Until it get implemented in our schools it will take double that time and who know's what new concepts we'll develop in the meantime. The best chance for people to get their head wrapped around it, is to implement it in Universities (which are more flexible) and add them as an important subject in their curriculum. In that way the youth will be somewhat prepare for the blockchain industry and come fresh out of University with very hight prospects.
HristianD

Activity: 76

Project Lead at OS.UNIVERSITY

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 09:00:28 PM

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the subject!

My name is Hristian and I am leading the Open Source University ICO at www.os.university.

I believe cryptocurrencies has even bigger potential in education than just being thought as a subject. They have disruptive potential when it comes to modernizing education.

Check out our project discussion at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2393582.0.

I will be happy to keep in touch if we share a common vision.

Best,
Hristian

n00bsaibot

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:19:40 AM

I think that Udemy or someone like that already have some sort of online course for crypto. There is too much unknown at this point for this to go "mainstream". Maybe some fancy private schools might incorporate this in their curriculum. Public schools are light years behind from reality as is ...
irvinwelsh

Activity: 76

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:41:53 AM

Maybe it will be as a class in private schools, but public schools will implement these practice in 10 years as a minimum, I think.
BitCare

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:32:11 PM

There is nothing good at school, so you shouldn't wait for this. If you whant to know more about cryptocurrency — you should do it by yourselves.
Hanebel

Activity: 363

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:33:57 PM

I guess, before cryptocurrency will be introduce to formal education, this should be accepted globally and in all the country's first. And the lapses or the disadvantages of it should be fix first.But on a contrary, the concept of cryptocurrency is also good to be teach for business courses.
kie

Activity: 202

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:10:47 PM

I guess, before cryptocurrency will be introduce to formal education, this should be accepted globally and in all the country's first. And the lapses or the disadvantages of it should be fix first.But on a contrary, the concept of cryptocurrency is also good to be teach for business courses.

I agree with you,that  crypto-currency must be accepted first in
all of the country so that it can be added to any business related course.
maybe in the future cryto currency can be accepted and be use by the school 
or any university around the world.

bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 04:56:15 PM

I noticed some universities in Australia and Singapore have started to teach their student about crypto and blockchain. I feel that more universities will follow as crypto become more comment.
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 05:09:05 PM

I noticed some universities in Australia and Singapore have started to teach their student about crypto and blockchain. I feel that more universities will follow as crypto become more comment.
For me in near future it will be studies like crypto on university cause it is the global scale fuuture money.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:35:29 AM

I think the way that cryptocurrencies will move into education is if people who are currently successful in the industry take it upon themselves to educate other people. Some people have already developed online classes. Local community colleges often are more than happy to offer special courses if someone comes forward and offers to teach one. If you happen to be a parent of children in school, and you know something about cryptocurrencies, you could contact your children's teachers and see if you could come in and give a short workshop on Bitcoin to the class. A lot of teachers would probably welcome that, so just ask.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: