Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:49:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do now  (Read 281 times)
r3lentleSs (OP)

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

I bought a 6 GPU mining rig.
Arctic mining rig level 5 with 6 x RX570

It was originaly installed for ETH, but it wanted to mine Zcash, so i decided to do a clean Windows install.
When i did the install everything worked fine, but when i ran claymore, i always had one miner GPU0 running at a lower hashrate, so i decided to flash them, install other amd driver software....etc
Eventually it worked by highering the Virtual memory, so i decided to try ot Overclock them. But the same thing happened again, the card ran at a lower hashrate etc etc ...

So the rig was constantly restarting when i tried to OC, so eventually i have re installed windows 5-6 times already.

So maybe it was a bios setting, so i went in to Bios and i clicked "load optimzed defaults" thinking maybe if i reset everything to factory, install a clean OS...everything will work fine.

But the rig instead of resetting, it powered off, and i couldn't boot from the integrated GPU anymore, and when i used the HDMI port of external GPU it went straight in to Desktop.

Without the BIOS splash screen and Windows logo. And GPU0 didn't work at all.

So then i decided to do a MOBO reset, and i got the battery out, and placed a jumper on the chmos reset pins.

So now i can get in to windows with a HDMI cord in GPU1, and i can see the splash screen and windows logo and everything, but everything works very slow, i can't see my integrated GPU anymore in device manager, i can't install cpu or gpu drivers on the MOBO.

I always get the same error "Computer doesn't qualfy to the minimal requirements"
And the screen resolution is in a smaller window then my flatsreen. The colour of my BIOS is changed.

I don't know what to do anymore ........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beachbummer

Activity: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

I suggest that you start from the most minimum configuration and see if it works.

Take all your GPUs out and just try to bootup using the integrated graphics card in Safe mode.

See what happens then
GaryH

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:43:36 PM

you might of lost a video card, so I'd do what beachbummer said and pull all the GPUs and work on getting the system stable without adding GPUs. 

Reinstall windows and make sure it's solid before adding even one GPU.  If you can't get stability without adding GPUs then you have half-split your issue to the mobo or a component on it.  You didn't mention your motherboard.

Also be advised a lot of ppl find bad risers that cause the GPUs to appear bad.

So I'd pull all the GPUs, hook your monitor to the integrated and reinstall Windows and get all the updates first.  Verify stability and make sure everything is good.  Then add one GPU at a time.  Which means I'd install the first GPU, make sure you get the correct drivers and make sure the GPU shows up in Device Manager.  Then reboot and verify the GPU shows up then fire up claymore and see if you have stability.  Baby step up until you run into issues, or maybe it will all be solid--hard to know until you figure out the problem.
r3lentleSs (OP)

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:45:02 PM

I enabled 4g coding, and all my GPU's work again, except i'm still having GPU0 hashing at a lower hashrate FML, the other 5 are normal rates
Maybe because i have a flatscreen connecting to it atm...

Thats why i want to use the integrated Intell gpu, but it isn't shown in device manager.
In Bios settings its set as "Auto", i'm afraid if i enable the integrated gpu i won't be able to log in and just have a black screen.

Even if the driver isn't installed i should be able to see it in device manager right ?

cryptovagas

Activity: 341
Merit: 10

@cryptovagas

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 12:45:58 PM

debugging needs patience,

start as beachbummer, said.

check gpu cards one by one to see if problem is related to them, of your overclock setting is still on effect, try reset them too.
this way youo will finally find the problem, but as i said before, you just need to be patience  Wink

hope you get your rig online soon

For Sale....
PM me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: