Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:36:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Differences in btc value?  (Read 2239 times)
mattyforcrypto

Activity: 163
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 06:35:55 PM

The price is based on demand. If, for example, India had a high demand for bitcoins, you will see a 10-15% higher price compared to the international price on other exchanges. This is absolutely normal, if you manage to register there and somehow sell your coins, then you could do it with a benefit for you.

Yups,i have read some thread that tackled about this strategy ,being registered in many exchangers local and international,then when they buy coins in one exchange and sell to another that has much value i just come to forget what they called this strategy

It's called arbitrage, if price on exchange A plus transaction cost and other various fees is lower than the price and fee on exchange B then you just buy on exchange A, send it to B and sell there.

Can be very tricky if you forget about the transaction, order, withdrawal and other various fees, also prices change all the time. It's possible there is a net profit of $50 for you if you buy and sell now but until it arrives on the other exchange the price may already be different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:10:12 AM

Same thing as to why different money exchanging entities such as banks have different exchange rates. Simply because they have to profit from your transactions only for a bit not to be detered and be captured by other exchanges. It's a capitalistic way of viewing this particular scenario.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:12:12 AM

Why there are significant differences in current BTC value between different exchanges.
There are a lot of phenomenons affecting the different prices for the markets which includes the demand and supply markets for each exchanges along with the volume and rest all other such factors. 
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 07:26:33 AM

Well, i guess alot of the people here have already answered the question but I'll still give my two cents about it. I think that the exchanges differ from country to country that you are trying to access the coin from because the supply and demand for each country is different. Also, different exchanges have different values because mainly on profit.

rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 02:01:48 PM

Why there are significant differences in current BTC value between different exchanges.

The reason to all of this was bitcoin price value always depend in the demand, once the it become high price will move accordingly in the market as well, depending on the average of the demand then every exchange you will see they had their own difference volume depending on the count of their clients investors who bought to their platform, that's why bitcoin was volatile and because of the arbitrage also traders in the market had a chance to take profit in the near future.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 07:30:44 AM

It's all about the volume if I'm correct. The supply and demand in each exchange is slightly if not largely different. So more demand obviously means higher price and vice versa. They are not that significant though.

The difference in different exchanges is not so significant to be able to do arbitrage trading.
It can't be as I believe these days, there are arbitrage bots and there are those who are trying to take advantage of that arbitrage every single minute to make it worthwhile for them. As a result of this, it is usually first come first serve. Nevertheless, the market is maturing gradually and most especially for the high volume markets.

For btc, the difference is not even something that would be worth it, considering the time it would take for you to complete a single transaction, with the level at which price could change within that period. For some alts though, this could still be possible
rosemary4u

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 10:58:36 PM

Exactly, I have been thinking about the same issue. Most of the times, the variations in the price of bitcoin is really wide and is really overwhelming. I believe sometimes the reasons goes beyond the demand and supply, some exchanges always have their price to be low whiles in other instances the situation is vice versa in some exchanges.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
November 13, 2018, 11:06:42 PM

YES, you can actually see it all in one platform call bitsgap and do buy and selling. The platform also allows you to gain profit from tge difference of prices. You should try it while free, they will apply subscription fee next year so better take opportunity of it. But after trading be sure not keep it in an exhange or closed source Waller, its still best to keep it in opensource like electrum or HodLer wallet if yiu have multiple assets.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 02:37:03 AM

Just like everyone said , the main reason why every other exchange set their own rates is because for the profit. Not only for the profit but it does also depend on the service , let say a high end online exchange will charge a little bit expensive because they set a high fees so that they can send and recieve your coins more faster when compared to regular online exchanges .
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:02:38 AM

I think it is more on the processing fee exchanges have on top of the crypto currency price. Of course these exchanges needs to profit and this is the way they do it. Of course tou would want to do your transactions on exchanges that are actually secured and instantaneous so in this way, the price of the exchange itself is not the only variable.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 03:50:32 AM

Just like everyone said , the main reason why every other exchange set their own rates is because for the profit. Not only for the profit but it does also depend on the service , let say a high end online exchange will charge a little bit expensive because they set a high fees so that they can send and recieve your coins more faster when compared to regular online exchanges .
of course every exchange has a different calculation, and with different targets. so the set rate will be different. i think we as traders actually have many choices that are in accordance with our desire to use an exchange
Douglasyukanov
Copper Member

Activity: 346

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 05:29:42 AM

of course every exchange has a different calculation, and with different targets. so the set rate will be different. i think we as traders actually have many choices that are in accordance with our desire to use an exchange
but the price difference is not too far between exchanges,
if arbitration is carried out we must think of the amount of withdrawal fees on the Exchange.
UchihaRukawa

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:02:08 AM

The cryptoworld is full of coins that are highly volatile, you can easily buy and sell cryptocurrencies whenever you want to, so I think, that is one of the main reasons why cryptocurrencies are just so volatile. Another is those whales who are trying to control the price in the market, and that makes the value of the coins so volatile as well.

loopes

Activity: 952
Merit: 323

View Profile
November 14, 2018, 11:41:06 AM

There is no official exchanges site for bitcoin, it doesn't mean that this is a bad things, it's also applies for all cryptocurrency except USDT, I usually can take advantage from this situation, I always choose exchanges site which has low bitcoin price to buy btc and choose other exchanges site which has high btc price to sell my bitcoin.

|||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
BoitCoinZen

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:54:11 AM

I think there is no such different values of bitcoin. It is one but yes, the exchanges are always showing it different. Some include their profits and they often manipulate to capture big audience.
NoobyIntellecutual

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:01:01 AM

The cryptoworld is full of coins that are highly volatile, you can easily buy and sell cryptocurrencies whenever you want to, so I think, that is one of the main reasons why cryptocurrencies are just so volatile. Another is those whales who are trying to control the price in the market, and that makes the value of the coins so volatile as well.

But among all, bitcoin has its own place. No one can reach its level. It has become the most used coin in cryptocurrency world. Some other altcoins like eth and LTC made good history too.
nur rochid

Activity: 1050

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:04:20 AM

There is no official exchanges site for bitcoin, it doesn't mean that this is a bad things, it's also applies for all cryptocurrency except USDT, I usually can take advantage from this situation, I always choose exchanges site which has low bitcoin price to buy btc and choose other exchanges site which has high btc price to sell my bitcoin.
many use arbitrage systems like you. indeed it is legitimate, but it must be observant also because of price fluctuations that are rapidly changing. therefore use the best opportunity possible occure
itsik78

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:03:38 PM

Different prices come down to several factors:
1. liquidity. Bitcoin trading can be huge on larger exchanges and much lower on smaller exchanges. These differences in supply affect the price.
2. The movement of money through exchanges can be erratic and inefficient and requires a large amount of collateral to work effectively. This means that it is difficult for traders to trade, given all the differences between the exchanges, which makes it possible to keep these price differences longer than on a more efficient market.
3. There is no generally accepted way to set prices for Bitcoin, which means that no one knows how much it is “presumably” worth. Its price is based solely on trade.
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:26:48 PM

It depends on the buying and selling needs of investors. If you have just heard a good news that has not been released, you probably would have bought a lot of bitcoins in any trading platform. then its price will rise and it will make the price becomes vary between exchanges.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:45:59 PM

It is sometimes the case that people have only access to exchanges in their own country.
If people in that area decide to buy more bitcoins (maybe because of some economic crisis), the price in that region increases because most people have no other option than to buy at that high price.
People who can buy wherever they want are not affected because they can choose the lowest price!

It's me!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: