Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does everyone think of this ICO? (Newbie)  (Read 1985 times)
lanyounanhai

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:25:16 PM

I think ICO is a great chance for a company to open crowdsale without any permission from the government and they can easily collect funds from any kind of people around the world. People from different places can participant in  a ICO without any difficult. It will help companies to have more chance to develop and more money to build what they want and make the world better
NoiseBoy

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Sound. Fury. Signifying.

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crowdholding-co-creating-companies-to-success

thank you

after i saw that it is a sponsored text i stopped reading. or lets say: i did not even start reading after i saw the sponsored in the picture.

My thoughts exactly. Just another get-rich-quick ICO money grab. One thing I've noticed: the less promotion a project engages in, the more legitimate the project is. Projects with the greatest potential don't bother with sponsored articles in zines, bonus campaigns, or tiered ICOs (i.e. get a 50% discount if you buy in the first 24 hours! type bullshittery).
Cryptogiji (OP)

Activity: 278
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:22:19 PM

I think ICO is a great chance for a company to open crowdsale without any permission from the government and they can easily collect funds from any kind of people around the world. People from different places can participant in  a ICO without any difficult. It will help companies to have more chance to develop and more money to build what they want and make the world better

I completely agree that's why i have started looking into ICO's. Although the fact that they are unregulated means you have to be extra careful who you invest in, as some people will try to abuse that system.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:50:42 PM

Hello everyone,

I came across this article on cointelegraph today and it seems a great project. What does everyone else think? anyone got any advice for a new ICO hunter?

thank you

after i saw that it is a sponsored text i stopped reading. or lets say: i did not even start reading after i saw the sponsored in the picture.

My thoughts exactly. Just another get-rich-quick ICO money grab. One thing I've noticed: the less promotion a project engages in, the more legitimate the project is. Projects with the greatest potential don't bother with sponsored articles in zines, bonus campaigns, or tiered ICOs (i.e. get a 50% discount if you buy in the first 24 hours! type bullshittery).

I think you have some valid points, i think the 50% discounts sends alarm bells as a ICO shouldn't be throwing out it's tokens that easily if they are considered valuable.

But i feel that most ICO's have to throw money at articles / advertising I think the eco-system is so cash rich right now that ICO's that don't pay for advertising will be left behind because nobody will know about their project. Although too much advertising does cover up flaws so it's finding a balance between the two.
bramborakymilenec

Activity: 236

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:26:04 AM

Looks a promising project, I also think the same as you altcoins will have to spend money on marketing, I imagine that price has drastically increased in the last year as well.
roganite

Activity: 236

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:38:08 AM

I am personally looking forward to the launch of their ICO.

I have been following Crowdholding for a while and I will be investing after the first few days of their ICO. I think it's a great project with a strong team and a great white paper. They have a working beta already and are constantly stepping in the right direction.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Looks a promising project, I also think the same as you altcoins will have to spend money on marketing, I imagine that price has drastically increased in the last year as well.

That's kinda what i feel about the situation, must be a lot of wealthy crypto bloggers right now.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:47:10 AM

I am personally looking forward to the launch of their ICO.

I have been following Crowdholding for a while and I will be investing after the first few days of their ICO. I think it's a great project with a strong team and a great white paper. They have a working beta already and are constantly stepping in the right direction.

Okay so you have been following them for some time? I only found out about them through the article on cointelegraph. Nice to hear that people are looking forward to the ICO.
jimsteel

Activity: 244
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:05:55 PM

Isn't there already a similar type of business?
DarkSi

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:10:42 PM

Hello everyone,

thank you

I don't believe in customer development and focus group approach
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:41:25 PM

Isn't there already a similar type of business?

I am sure there are similar ideas. Maybe find them and post their name so i can have a look?
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 02:48:01 PM

Hello everyone,

thank you

I don't believe in customer development and focus group approach

Can you expand on your statement? what do you not believe about customer development and focus groups as an approach?
Maveth13

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:15:36 PM

Why is the OP still not banned yet? Quoting individual responses is not allowed. Quote all previous replies you want to respond to and section them in one post. And looking at your account, all I see are posts advertising the ico of crowdholding and link to its website, other than that, off-topic posts. And then 23 freaking posts from this thread alone. I'm pretty sure you work for the team behind the project your talking about and all this is just a cringy try hard advertisement.
Cryptogiji (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 03:38:50 PM

Sorry I didn't know, I am still new to this forum. I won't do it again.
handy_hotdog

Activity: 232

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:09 PM

After looking at their website from the article it looks quite a interesting concept, and i am liking the website the white paper and the style of marketing / slogan.

I will be keeping an eye out for Crowdholding.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2646
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 11:22:03 PM

I checked the page provided and I don't see anything fishy but I suggest you invest into ICO that are posted on this forum because ever since bitcoin surge above  $2100 range predicted Saxo Bank there's a lot of ICO scams accusation going on.

Goodween

Activity: 140
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:02:25 AM

First of all you should decide what you want to do invest in ICO or participate in airdrops and bounty's. My advice is read and lear a lot of this forum and first try airdrops and social bounty programms. It seems to be complicated but not so when you do some research about it.
mr_enoc

Activity: 276

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

Hello everyone,

thank you

Find it interesting but i am also new here and a new ICO or BOUNTY hunter so cannot say may opinion about it at this early stage because i am also doing my research about ICO.

DirtyMartini

Activity: 277
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:46:14 AM

My two satoshi...

Interesting project and interesting spin on the concept, however there is a HUGE amount of competition in this 'crowdfunding/ICO launching' space an although this project has some unique elements, nothing really 'sells' it to me over and above the others.. (See: KickICO.com already gaining decent traction)

This project, for the most part seems to have a capable and accountable team, which is great, but a big part of its success is going to be the company's ability to market the idea, create hype and get businesses on board - and in this regard their 'Marketing/Communications Team', I feel, is somewhat lacking. (No offence, but their Head of PR/Marketing/Communications was a stylist up until January this year.)

Also, the whole 'Crowdholding' idea is fantastic in theory, but will it work in practice? Businesses getting on board such a concept have the danger of having their vision/ideas diluted and losing their original direction by trying to please all their 'shareholders'. Trying to be all things to all people is not smart business. Why would a business take this route with all its potential headaches, rather than just simply doing a crowdfund and be done with it? For me that's a huge barrier to entry.

Although I do think this project has potential, its not something I'd personally invest in at the ICO stage. I'd keep an eye on it and see whether they prove themselves over the competition.

Anyways, good luck!  Grin
jlp

Activity: 266
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:50:59 AM

Crowdholding is a bad idea. Read the short write up about Crowdholding at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2243157.80  (page 5 of thread)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: