Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:22:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN IN AFRICA  (Read 2077 times)
Nana1 (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 03:07:23 PM

Since Africa is one of the biggest/widest continent it is possible that they have exchange sites but legality of bitcoin in that country is a broad issue. "Nigeria" that is where my friend is he also use bitcoin but not sure at all if transactions through bitcoin is allowed.

So we measure continents by "wide" ? Are we talking about continents or TVs?
Africa excels in one thing, the poorest of the poor.
No matter how many Africans are there, if they have only 2$ to spend a day they will fall behind the rest of the world.

Just a heads-up!
Africa 1.3 billion people, gdp 3.3 trillion ,  Germany 80 millions citizens, gdp 3.5 trillions.

I don't have a list of countries where Bitcoin is currently being used (buying and selling) but lately I read that it is becoming popular in Zimbabwe and that just makes sense.

How can that make sense?
People in Zimbabwe earn around 1000$ per year.
How could they afford to pay 5$ per transaction to use BTC ?

Stop displaying your ignorance. The richest black person in the world is not from America or UK but Africa. There are many Africans who have the capacity to invest in Bitcoin.

Wow, the richest black person is from Africa and not Europe.
I'm willing to bet that the richest white person is not from Africa but from the western World.
And that the richest Japanese guy is from Japan.

Let me tell you how ignorant you are:
Africa GDP:  $3.3 trillion  population 1.3 billion.
Eu GDP:  $17.1 trillion     population 500 millions
Us GDP:  18.57 trillion     population 325 millions

Bottom line is that the western world (without Canada)...omg Darkstar_ is going to kill me ......with 2/3 the population has more than 11 times money at their disposal.
That brings us to final ratio of 16:1.

Just because there is a millionaire in every god forsaken country it means nothing.

Don't run away from reality, unfortunately that's the truth, people in poor countries can't match what people in wealthy country have at their disposal. My country is 2 times as big as the Netherlands but when we come to what we can afford compared to them we're miles away, and this while still being part of the EU.

And what is worse, the difference is just going to get worse in terms of bitcoin adoption, poor people that don't have money to buy bitcoin now, they won't have money to buy after 5 years either.

Where I have a problem with your statements are the seeming assumptions that only poor people are in Africa because of some stats acquired on the internet. Talking about the richest black man, I only aimed to point out that there are many making it on the continent(which of course does not receive media attention) and can spearhead a Bitcoin ecosystem o the continent. And oh, there are many black men as well as men of any race who have no relationship with Africa. They were born in America and europe(the best economies) but aren't as successful as others in Africa. That's all I meant to communicate so you don't push Africa out of the Bitcoin world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kryptoro

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2018, 07:51:10 AM

It is difficult to imagine the development of bitcoin in Africa. The whole continent is in one big hole - wars, lack of necessary products for life, poorly developed Internet. The only developed country is South Africa where you can actively promote bitcoin

This is actually not true! Many African countries besides SA, such as Nigeria, Morocco, and Egypt are also progressing with the adoption!
Cryptocurrency progression in South Africa, however, has never seen a brighter times. Many new ICOs and crypto assets are being deployed. Capetown, Johannesburg, and Durban are becoming blockchain hubs!

So, African market may not be as doomed as you envisioned it! We (Kryptoro), have contributed to the (r)evolution by offering ZAR, Dirham, Naira, and USD as initial fiat-based currencies to SA market. Our main virtues are:

- The ability to purchase cryptocurrencies using credit cards
- An instant and simple fiat gateway
- Multiple cryptocurrencies (5/6 on launch)
- Superior security infrastructure that takes the burden off the user
- Live trading analysis and trading tools to assist clients in making investment decisions
- Variable analytics generated by our AI trading software

Kryptoro is a subsidiary of Kagiso Interactive, company well-renowned for collaborating with Marvel Comics, EA Games, Disney, MTN, and Mahindra Kotak Bank! Kagiso Interactive is also a South African software development firm that has regularly been voted as the Best Mobile Applications Development Company in Africa and the Middle East. The firm has also been recently touted as one of the leading companies globally to contribute in the space of AR and VR.

So, Kryptoro is currently midway through its crowdsale phase. Once the crowdsale is over, the exchange will operate with KTO (Kryptoro token) which will be used as a "gas" of the exchange. KTO will be a "native" currency of the exchange, serving for paying taxes and fees, and other services.

To conclude, if you really want SA crypto market to blossom then we all need to contribute to it!
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:31:32 PM

Oh yeah i recently heard some news that there were malls in Africa (Ghana, and Accra mall to be specific) that transacted in Bitcoin. One setback is that the education level and digital knowledge is very low in Africa and so it shall take sometime before the adoption gets well seeded in Africa.
sambel90129

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 01:38:14 AM

Which African countries allow Bitcoin transactions? Is Bitcoin currently used to purchase items in any African country?
hyper inflation in zimbabwe makes its inhabitants look for alternative savings many of them run their money into bitcoin, nigeria and anggola are also not much different they put their money into crypto because it can be considered as a safe way of terrible inflation potential, so in the African continent, eyes Bitcoin money is nothing new because many countries have used it.. Smiley
DavidNiva

Activity: 80

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:03:41 AM

bitcoin is already widely used in African countries because most of the reasons they use bitcoin are obviously because of fear of inflation which is always a real threat, real examples from zimbabwa, anggola and nigeria, because their original currency is almost worthless, so many start using crypto broken down into small parts, so basically bitcoin is known throughout the world, bitcoin is also an alternative choice besides they use the dollar which is a global paper currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: