Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [Pre-ICO October 28th] MOIRAI - Decentralised Prediction Market | MVP  (Read 10325 times)
soliton

Activity: 969
Merit: 683

___________/\_______

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 11:43:30 AM

Can not get it who will forecast, AI, experts or  " collective mind"? How one can be sure  that it’s not pre-written?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moirai_io

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 12:31:51 PM

Thanks for the quick responses.

Just two more questions:

Is the coin essentially a utility token that a user will need to have in order to interact with the platform i.e. use to make bets?

On the website it says that the total token supply is 660m, however, if I add up the amount reserved for the team (66m), pre-sale token supply (100m) and the ICO token supply (500m) I calculate a total token supply of 666m not 660m. Which one is correct?

1) Yes the token is essentially a utility token needed for placing the bets, getting rewarded, creating new predictions, etc.

2) The correct supply is 666M. (fixed)
Moirai_io

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 02:17:39 PM

Can not get it who will forecast, AI, experts or  " collective mind"? How one can be sure  that it’s not pre-written?

There many use cases for prediction markets. We expect the majority of our users to be individuals who are inclined to get rewarded for their efforts in correctly predicting the outcomes. After all, monetary reward is very appealing motivator for people to do any kind of labor. As a result, people will seek to acquire relevant knowledge required for predicting the correct outcome of an event thus resulting in a vast pool of information about certain event/thing. Crowds are wise only if they harbour a sufficient diversity of opinion (Surowiecki, 2005).

saugwurm

Activity: 1061
Merit: 551

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 03:08:24 PM

German Translation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2340418.0
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:24:57 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2017, 04:39:45 PM by harvw

Do you plan to pay dividends in tokens or ETH? If in ETH - then many exchanges will not accept your coin. Biittrex, for example.

A bit confused by this to be honest. How exactly will Moirai generate income? How will dividends be paid (monthly/annually)? Are we required to hold MOI tokens in order to receive the dividend? And what are the financial projections based on?

The beginning of a new era.
blink_stun

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:47:35 PM

Moirai is a very interesting project and it caught my attention. Another project on my bucket list that I will monitoring closely. Keep it up Moirai Team!

gamer455

Activity: 162

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:58:48 PM

All signs point to a scam. Incorrect and unclear information about prediction markets on the front page and in the white paper. Spelling mistakes all over the place. Plagiarism from a Gnosis article in the whitepaper.

Obvious paid actor in the introduction video rather than a team member.

Photos and LinkedIn profiles look fake.

All news articles are from non-reputable sources. Most likely paid off.

From /u/alexej1909:

Moirai is registered in the UK, with the CEO named Amanda Benson.

See:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10940232/filing-history

In a press release, Meryl Lynch is named as contact person.

See:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/36617613/moirais-revolutionary-decentralized-prediction-market-to-create-a-sustainable-economy

https://archive.is/1kpCX

I cannot find both on the team list on the official website of Moirai.

This reads more like an advertisement rather than journalism:

https://archive.is/8QOUJ

And **it lists a different CEO than on the site.** And his "comments" in broken English are lifted from the white paper word for word.

The hard cap was half what it is now and the date was 2 days later.

Speaking of the date, most legit ICOs don't countdown for only 9 days.

Creator of the subreddit is obvious shill and linked to other scams like BitRent.

Obvious scam. Stay away.

Incoming shilling in 3...2...1...

Before investing, please always keep these questions in mind.

Even tough investments are presumable 1,400 ETH (I believe its fake), there is still the change of a very professional scam. Before there are pictures of teams, team members and other proofs I would not invest,
elrugrim

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:23:48 AM

In which languages are the translations already available?
g2com

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:25:43 AM

What kind of translations are you talking about?
Site, whitepaper or what?
elrugrim

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:27:01 AM

I'm talking about translations of whitepaper into different languages. Which languages are already translated, I can not find the translation into Russian.
g2com

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:28:16 AM

I'm talking about translations of whitepaper into different languages. Which languages are already translated, I can not find the translation into Russian.
I do not know for sure, but I saw the WP only in English.
But if you do not like, then you can take part in the bounty and do the first Wink
MehdiBmm

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:58:18 AM

I did not understand what they mean by customizing their application? What exactly can I customize?
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:00:49 AM

I did not understand what they mean by customizing their application? What exactly can I customize?
If I understand correctly, many elements of the platform will be available for customization. In addition, they position themselves as an open source platform, it turns out that everyone who wants to be able to build their own client for themselves.
MehdiBmm

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:01:24 AM

If I understand correctly, many elements of the platform will be available for customization. In addition, they position themselves as an open source platform, it turns out that everyone who wants to be able to build their own client for themselves.
Still do not fully understand how it works Huh
g2com

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:03:40 AM

That is, it turns out I can assemble my own client on the basis of the company's developments? How, then, will my program be classified? As an offshoot from the official Moirai client?
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:04:45 AM

That is, it turns out I can assemble my own client on the basis of the company's developments? How, then, will my program be classified? As an offshoot from the official Moirai client?
In this case, this client (which has been customized) will be identified as a separate client.
skovbitcoin

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:05:47 AM

In this case, this client (which has been customized) will be identified as a separate client.
LOL
But how then can he work within the framework of a single system?
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:08:00 AM

LOL
In spite of the fact that the customized client will be identified as a new customer, it will work within the framework of a single network of market forecasting businesses, that is, Moirai Wink
MehdiBmm

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:11:12 AM

LOL
In spite of the fact that the customized client will be identified as a new customer, it will work within the framework of a single network of market forecasting businesses, that is, Moirai Wink
Sounds very difficult, but it's interesting how it all will work Smiley
elrugrim

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:12:02 AM

What about competition?
There are platforms on the market. which represent competition to this platform?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: