Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: inheritance service? think about your childrens  (Read 376 times)
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:03:43 AM

The idea is great and I’m 100 percent supportive to it. Any service that is legit, licence by the government and backing up by the same financial institutions manage by banks. A educational plan that can be paid accordingly with bitcoin monthly or spend on an agreement. But it should be legally binding that can question on court.

Life and family with bitcoin is what earning really means and to profit with purpose is the what matters most.
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:12:33 AM

Why would someone store their information in somewhere to be accessed by their family upon their death while they can give them directly to someone within the family who they trust? I don't find it reasonable at all to giveaway your private keys or any information which can be used to access the money stored to someone you are not even familiar with in real life. I would rather give them to my brothers, or sisters, whom i want to access my funds after i'm gone.
Well, for now, i haven't given any information to anyone on how they can access my accounts, but they surely know about Bitcoin and that i have money stored in Bitcoins. Maybe i will have to think about it later in life, if i stayed alive, of course.
jrobi4life

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:16:43 AM

I've given thought to this as well, some sort of multi-sig solution with a deadman switch where you can also provide your family with instructions.

There's absolutely no such need for a service for such a simple problem. How can you trust a centralized entity to give your Bitcoins to your family upon death, when you can't trust your family with your wallet?
It's completely useless, just ensure that they have access to your private keys.

No reason it can't be a dApp... and by your logic no one would write a will because everyone's family would already have free use of their stuff.
Right, but that's exactly what wills are for, and a will with the private keys
and instructions as to who gets what is all that's needed.  There doesn't need to
be a service for this, which would probably be a scam anyway.  If you write a will,
that's all you need to do.

A will either requires trust, or an insecure storage of private keys, probably both. It makes much more sense to use this programmable money to its potential, a trustless and decentralized deadman switch would be a much more reliable solution and should be trivial from a technical perspective. As for saying any such service would have to be a scam, you'd have to apply that logic to lawyers too then. The "service" need only be an interface to do what is already possible in a decentralized and trustless way.

Yes leaving a lawyer in charge of your private keys would be very risky.  Not only would he have access, any number of paralegals or secretaries could have access too.  If they have those keys they can rob you with no trace.  Much better to have a decentralized solution to protect your decentralized currency.  Normally lawyers would be agents of trust for a bank account or maybe a safe deposit box, where if they tried to withdraw the funds or access the safe deposit box there would be records of their identity and in the case of a bank transfer, an easy to follow paper trail. Leaving private keys with a lawyer would be  like leaving him untraceable cash.  Except no one would even have to inconvenience themselves to sneak it out of the office.  Anyone could instantly take it if they can get so much as a glance at those private keys to write them down or take a quick photo.

We will. We will. Block chain. Block chain.
setifien19

Activity: 472
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:24:41 AM

Lighting idea , I support it and I think many persons will do so , because it helps to not loose owned bitcoins because of death , inheritants will be very thankful since they can use inherited money but what I noticed is that this service is applicable for relatively large amounts of bitcoins and such services should be created by well reputated persons/companies
kiboloves

Activity: 242

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:26:22 AM

Yes, it's necessary. Bitcoin is an asset. Of course, you can also inherit. It doesn't take long before countries and companies pay attention to it
ibrohim

Activity: 81

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:36:40 AM

I don't mind if bitcoin provides inheritance service, for example. as long as my family can live happily, I can do everything even giving them my private key of my wallet. family is everything. if it is really provided, I 100% support it. moreover, I consider that bitcoin is an asset, so it is appropriate to be an inheritance to my family.
germa66

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:15:54 AM

for the moment I have not thought about it yet, everyone around me does not have access to my wallet but I will tell my parents or my family at the right time.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:18:28 AM

what do you think about inheritance service? if something will happen what will your family do with your bitcoins? do they have access to your wallet? do they even know what bitcoin is?
I really think that there is a place for inheritance service in the near future  Smiley

Bitcoin is a valuable asset.  Indeed it should be inherited and given as inheritance.  It could be worth more than what it is priced now.  Just show or teach your family member especially your children the one you want to pass your bitcoin on how to use it.  
grermezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:26:35 AM

what do you think about inheritance service? if something will happen what will your family do with your bitcoins? do they have access to your wallet? do they even know what bitcoin is?
I really think that there is a place for inheritance service in the near future  Smiley
Educating the children about the benefits of bitcoins so that they can know it's importance is very necessary so that in your absence they can manage it and not sell it hastily whenever they feel that they need money to do things. Bitcoin though a currency is an investment asset that when saved without spending makes the investor lots of money.

mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:28:31 AM

I wouldn't since it is not stable and may change. I do not want to take risks when it comes to my family or my children specially about their future. Bitcoins is a good investment but not a security asset. I will still invest but I will make sure I have a separated insurance money for my family.

Voice-Of-Reason

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:31:25 AM

this would be a good scam to build an ICO! thanks for the idea man!

Give it a few hours (that's all you need really) and I'll have a great white paper and a site build for this!

Give me all your ethers!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: