Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:27:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin Cash will NEVER be bitcoin  (Read 1520 times)
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:04:42 PM

How "NEW" I am or anyone else for the matter does not make any facts that I have stated any less true,and I obviously am WAY more informed then someone so esteemed as yourself.
you are correct about you being "NEW" doesn't change anything. but lets check these "facts" you speak of and see how "informed you really are.

faster transaction
bitcoin and bitcoin cash both have the same block times and follow same rules except the block size and having SegWit. nothing else.
this means transactions have same "speed" so to speak.

at a fraction of the price
fees are only low because of two things:
price is low + nobody is using BCH

as for comparing it with bitcoin, bitcoin fees went up only to protect it against spam attack. if bitcoin cash stops creating 95-99% empty (100-500 kB) blocks and starts creating 95%+ full blocks, it WILL be under spam attack the same way bitcoin is and by then fees of BCH will also rise and that is when many of BCH nodes will fail because not only they have to verify 8 MB of data each time a new block is mined but also they have to hold a huge backlog of transactions which they also have to verify and hold in their memory.
the first thing will be running out of RAM, second will be excessive use of CPU power and finally is the excessive use of network. all of which is 8 times more that what bitcoin is using.

Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee?
Satoshi never created bitcoin to be used for paying for coffee. and it never takes more than 10 minutes nor more than 10 cents to send a bitcoin transaction. apart from during the spam attack, something that BCH is also susceptible to.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 01:28:44 PM

Absolutely right! BCH will never be BTC, and I'm glad! From day of its creation BCH has always been superior. faster transaction at a fraction of the price is just the beginning. Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee? BCH is better in every way, the only thing they lack is the brand. In time people will stop being stubborn and realize a quality coin is more important then what its called.  The only reason it angers you so much is cause they are superior in every way and you are fearful that you are backing the wrong horse.
ohh please stop praising bitcoin cash we all know that it is failing just look your blockchain and compare it to bitcoin and also , the transaction fee isn't 8 dollars or more it is way lower now and it's just bitcoin is under spam attack that's the fees skyrocketed and that's not an issue anymore. if you want to compare bitcoin and bitcoin cash just look the reply above me. Roll Eyes
LouVandetta

Activity: 602
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:06:15 PM

Well, op got a point there.
It is two different things. I mean, It is their right if those people love bitcoin cash that much.
The price was only good in the beginning. Well, I admit it has a very good value now.
But it keeps decreasing from time to time.
margrettco62

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:37:54 PM

Absolutely right! BCH will never be BTC, and I'm glad! From day of its creation BCH has always been superior. faster transaction at a fraction of the price is just the beginning. Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee? BCH is better in every way, the only thing they lack is the brand. In time people will stop being stubborn and realize a quality coin is more important then what its called.  The only reason it angers you so much is cause they are superior in every way and you are fearful that you are backing the wrong horse.

i see  you're very like Bitcoin Cash but my opinion BCC only is a altcoin like a lot of other altcoin and i'm sure BCC will never be bitcoin
This is bitcoin cash Charts:

The price of bitcoin cash will soon reach $200/BCC

Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee?
So you ever paying a coffee by ingoing. I think i have easy method to pay a coffee without bitcoin that should use to purpose more necessary than
regna437@gmail.com

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:28:43 PM

How "NEW" I am or anyone else for the matter does not make any facts that I have stated any less true,and I obviously am WAY more informed then someone so esteemed as yourself.
you are correct about you being "NEW" doesn't change anything. but lets check these "facts" you speak of and see how "informed you really are.

faster transaction
bitcoin and bitcoin cash both have the same block times and follow same rules except the block size and having SegWit. nothing else.
this means transactions have same "speed" so to speak.

at a fraction of the price
fees are only low because of two things:
price is low + nobody is using BCH

as for comparing it with bitcoin, bitcoin fees went up only to protect it against spam attack. if bitcoin cash stops creating 95-99% empty (100-500 kB) blocks and starts creating 95%+ full blocks, it WILL be under spam attack the same way bitcoin is and by then fees of BCH will also rise and that is when many of BCH nodes will fail because not only they have to verify 8 MB of data each time a new block is mined but also they have to hold a huge backlog of transactions which they also have to verify and hold in their memory.
the first thing will be running out of RAM, second will be excessive use of CPU power and finally is the excessive use of network. all of which is 8 times more that what bitcoin is using.

Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee?
Satoshi never created bitcoin to be used for paying for coffee. and it never takes more than 10 minutes nor more than 10 cents to send a bitcoin transaction. apart from during the spam attack, something that BCH is also susceptible to.

8 MB (with scale function) allows more transactions to be done at once. In a world where transactions can get back logged for days, increasing how many transactions that can be done at once is an increase to speed. In a world where no chain needs to be higher then 2 MB your right, they are not any faster but this is hardly the case.

You do bring up a point I am not really all that knowledgeable on and that is the spam attacks. however in a scaling environment the amount of attacks required is significantly more? as well as if a fee IS needed to be introduced with the ability to process 4* the transactions would mean the fee required would be  significantly less.

Though I don't understand the exact technical issues of memory and ram BCH has already mined 8MB blocks on several occasions with little issues? I assume 8 transactions of 1 MB takes up the same memory/ram as 1 of 8MB?

To your last point, they must be under a spam attack 99 % of the time then. I mine and trade both currency's any time I do any kind of transaction with BTC my fee is anywhere from 3 - 8 $ and the transaction takes 3- 18 h.  longest wait ive ever had with BCH is 30 min and fees are never more then 20 cents. if you are using some other kind of method to get around this hey i welcome the info!

I do appreciate an actual point of view backed by some thought instead of mindless insults.
regna437@gmail.com

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:46:28 PM

i see  you're very like Bitcoin Cash but my opinion BCC only is a altcoin like a lot of other altcoin and i'm sure BCC will never be bitcoin
This is bitcoin cash Charts:
https://imgur.com/a/wK6wv

The price of bitcoin cash will soon reach $200/BCC

Do you honestly think the future of crypto is going to a coffee shop and waiting 30 min and paying 8 $ in fees to  buy a coffee?
So you ever paying a coffee by ingoing. I think i have easy method to pay a coffee without bitcoin that should use to purpose more necessary than

umm? I think your trying to make the argument that BTC was never intended to be used to buy a coffee? on this I disagree (along with many others) original vision for the currency was a "decentralized peer-peer cash system" in other words. A low fee currency that was meant to be used as cash without government breathing down your neck. "cash system" not investment portfolio system it has become.
Mikelude

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:51:21 PM

bitcoin = BTC
Bitcoin Cash = BCH

THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE, YA DINGUS!

Bitcoin is bitcoin while Bitcoin Cash is simply another altcoin that is trying to cash in on the good name of bitcoin.

Let's stop trying to pretend they're the same thing. Its an absolute travesty that whoever runs bitcoin.com would publish an article stupid enough trying to say they are the same thing, when they most clearly ARE NOT.

Here's a couple other reasons:

Was Bitcoin Cash founded by Satoshi Nakamoto? NO.
Do _any_ merchants that you can think of off the top of your head actually accept BCH? NO.
Will merchants be more likely to accept BCH in the future, now that they've just barely wrapped their heads around the concept of bitcoin and begun to integrate payment acceptance mechanisms for it? NO!

This is by far the biggest and most sinister pump job of an altcoin I've ever seen. If you're gonna make your own coin, at least come up with your own damn name! BCH reeks of unoriginality and is greed at its worst. This kind of behavior is what turns off the general public from wanting to get involved in crypto in the first place.

Critics what say ye? I'm all ears.
BCH is just another altcoin
EpicFail

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:52:39 PM

8 MB (with scale function) allows more transactions to be done at once.

You realize that it would be trivial for Bitcoin core to move to 8 MB (or some other larger blocksize) when the time is appropriate, don't you? If it looked like users might abandon 1MB blocks I'm sure it would not take long for core to decide to move to bigger blocks.
CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 08:41:47 AM

So, who here has actually used BCH to _buy_ something? Anybody? Anyone? Ever?

I can't believe people never stop to realize this may be a problem... No merchant adoption = no actual future.

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:59:06 AM

I can't believe people never stop to realize this may be a problem... No merchant adoption = no actual future.

I really think OP is just a newbie when it comes to Altcoins you can sure see it in his questions he thinks that bitcoin cash is just another Altcoin  that comes from other developer, or just pop out out from nowhere to get the bitcoin name, but yes bitcoin cash is just another Altcoin that have tried to conquer the world of Cryptocurrency,

and For OP Bitcoin Cash is produce from the August Hard Fork of bitcoin back then bitcoin had split then we have Bitcoin Cash right now that is why it has the same name as bitcoin and In my opinion the developer of BCH thinks they will get the upper hand towards bitcoin but they don't, and in the coming October 25 another Hard Fork will occur that will produce another Crypto that is Bitcoin Gold or BTG.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:11:14 AM

Indeed Bitcoin Cash is an altcoin and there isn't any comparison of bitcoin with it. One more thing i would like to add is users trust, bitcoin is still the real boss and much reliable than any other coin, that's why users rely on it and they don't want to put their investment on high risk.
It doesn't matter who founded it but the thing is bitcoin is pioneer and was the first ever cyptocurrency having strongest and biggest community.
squatter
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196

STOP SNITCHIN'

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:16:08 AM

Was Bitcoin Cash founded by Satoshi Nakamoto? NO.
Do _any_ merchants that you can think of off the top of your head actually accept BCH? NO.
Will merchants be more likely to accept BCH in the future, now that they've just barely wrapped their heads around the concept of bitcoin and begun to integrate payment acceptance mechanisms for it? NO!

Well, there are several merchants/services that accept BCH, like Overstock and SimpleFX. Presumably Bodog (or whatever it rebranded to) given that Calvin Ayre is piling in with Roger Ver and Craig Wright? But I think most of them are just using payment processors, anyway. Overstock is just converting the BCH to Bitcoin after purchases are made.

With the popularization of Shapeshift, Changelly, Coinpayments and others, I think we'll actually see more integration of altcoin payments for e-commerce. That includes BCH, if only because it's a top coin by market cap. It trades on major exchanges and Bitpay is supporting it; that's reason enough for merchants to support it, regardless of the fundamentals.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:17:44 AM

Bitcoin cash is an altcoin - lets just accept that and move on. It will never reach the level of what ethereum or litecoin nor will it ever be the second to bitcoin. It is just a pump and dump scheme which got a lot of traction because it was forked from the original bitcoin blockchain. People can buy it but it wont rise anytime soon. And besides it has not official support of people and wont last long. Soon it will reach the lowest values possible and get delisted from exchanges.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
truthstalker

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:22:40 AM

Bitcoin cash is an altcoin - lets just accept that and move on. It will never reach the level of what ethereum or litecoin nor will it ever be the second to bitcoin. It is just a pump and dump scheme which got a lot of traction because it was forked from the original bitcoin blockchain. People can buy it but it wont rise anytime soon. And besides it has not official support of people and wont last long. Soon it will reach the lowest values possible and get delisted from exchanges.

Litecoin hasn't really been all that successful either. Ethereum is gaining some traction but who knows whether it will be around in a few years time. I think the same for bitcoin cash/gold they are going to hyped and the first initial days they will go up to double figure sums but after that I believe it will completely die. Like you said it's a pump and dump scheme where some will benefit from and others won't.
ViceOfBTC21

Activity: 438
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:34:04 AM

Haha! Bitcoin Cash is now worth $320 and it continues to drop! I recommend anyone who didn't cashed out Bitcoin Cash cash out it as soon as possible. You have only possibilities with normal, one and only true Bitcoin, 2009 Bitcoin. So cashout it now and be like her. You'll stay poor when you don't cashout it. I'm saying seriously.
tamilbitcoin

Activity: 48

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 09:43:42 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin itself is still a speculative currency. Only if more sellers, both online and offline, start accepting bitcoin (or any cryptocurrency), then only it will have some value. Otherwise, it is more likely that people tend to use printed currency.
regna437@gmail.com

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:58:37 PM

First off there is many exchanges that take BCH, also in the beginning of October bitmain themselves actually had a shipment of machines that they where selling for BCH only and where offering an exchange of $425. Price of BCH is also dropping at the moment because of this craze for free bitcoin gold, once everyone gets their free gold you will notice the currency jump in value. Its like one person said on here "You dont get rich for being right, you get rich when everyone else is wrong". I am glad so many fail to see the value in BCH.
Herlina

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 06:57:48 PM

Let's stop trying to pretend they're the same thing. Its an absolute travesty that whoever runs bitcoin.com would publish an article stupid enough trying to say they are the same thing, when they most clearly ARE NOT.
maybe the bitcoin.com site owner is a BCH fans
I have read Bitcoin.com article and I think the article only explains BCH technically and the author gives an opinion that BCH is better
only the ignorant is affected by it. why should choose BCH? for me BCH is not worth to be compared with Bitcoin and even BCH is no better than others altcoin
some altcoin have done that before. they feel better than Bitcoin and make a difference and have advantages that I think are better than BCH

CoinClarity (OP)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77

You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:14:32 AM

I really think OP is just a newbie when it comes to Altcoins you can sure see it in his questions he thinks that bitcoin cash is just another Altcoin  that comes from other developer, or just pop out out from nowhere to get the bitcoin name, but yes bitcoin cash is just another Altcoin that have tried to conquer the world of Cryptocurrency,

and For OP Bitcoin Cash is produce from the August Hard Fork of bitcoin back then bitcoin had split then we have Bitcoin Cash right now that is why it has the same name as bitcoin and In my opinion the developer of BCH thinks they will get the upper hand towards bitcoin but they don't, and in the coming October 25 another Hard Fork will occur that will produce another Crypto that is Bitcoin Gold or BTG.

Right, so both BCH and BTG are NOT the same thing as BTC, agreed? If they were, they would ALL be called "BTC." Despite my level of noobness, why can't this very basic concept sink into some peoples' brains?

I'll tell you why: greed. Greed is a staunch preventor of the understanding of the true reality of the situation.

And again, you failed to address my question, sidestepping it to call me "Noob." Who accepts BCH for payment? Anyone? Please, somebody name a single company that accepts BCH for payment.

kiwasmose

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:49:18 AM

Yes, bitcoin is bitcoin, bitcoin cash is bitcoin cash. If it was me, I would definitely choose bitcoin first. Choose bitcoin, you can accept more platforms or more people, easy to trade.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: