Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:23:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Journey from .15 btc to a motorcycle (32 btc) via sports betting OVER 1 BTC NOW!  (Read 17177 times)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 07:42:38 PM

What most likely happened was a kid had a small bit of BTC, nothing else really to his name. When entrusted with everyones BTC he went and gambled off the record to try and win more. Probably ended up losing it all then to continue "degen-ing" he scammed some people in the currency section. Hes now disappeared obviously.

Makes sense, though he was doing pretty well on here at least (with the bets he claimed), so it's a bit odd that he would throw it all away. I know for a fact more people would have invested in him, and the amount he could have made off this (just by taking, say 10% of profits) would be massive. And if he lost it all, it had no consequence for him. I would LOVE the chance to be in a situation where I can risk other people's money without any risk to myself, and still get paid a portion of any winnings I get.

He was a scam artist. One of the reasons I held back and didn't invest. I was replying in a loan request and he jumped on and asked me. After a few searches I saw he asked a few people in the lending section. Yet, he criticised people when asking for coins. He's a fool. He could of made a lot more if he continued the way he was. Unless, he started to loose a lot of money. Then decided instead of risking it all and pissing people off because they invested in him. He would take all the money he could and run. Then start posting under a new account. I wouldn't be surprised if he has posted here under a alternative account. Just because we wouldn't expect it.

Yeah, this could've been prevented so easily if people used their common sense >_<

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:43:41 PM

What most likely happened was a kid had a small bit of BTC, nothing else really to his name. When entrusted with everyones BTC he went and gambled off the record to try and win more. Probably ended up losing it all then to continue "degen-ing" he scammed some people in the currency section. Hes now disappeared obviously.

Makes sense, though he was doing pretty well on here at least (with the bets he claimed), so it's a bit odd that he would throw it all away. I know for a fact more people would have invested in him, and the amount he could have made off this (just by taking, say 10% of profits) would be massive. And if he lost it all, it had no consequence for him. I would LOVE the chance to be in a situation where I can risk other people's money without any risk to myself, and still get paid a portion of any winnings I get.

He was a scam artist. One of the reasons I held back and didn't invest. I was replying in a loan request and he jumped on and asked me. After a few searches I saw he asked a few people in the lending section. Yet, he criticised people when asking for coins. He's a fool. He could of made a lot more if he continued the way he was. Unless, he started to loose a lot of money. Then decided instead of risking it all and pissing people off because they invested in him. He would take all the money he could and run. Then start posting under a new account. I wouldn't be surprised if he has posted here under a alternative account. Just because we wouldn't expect it.

Yeah, this could've been prevented so easily if people used their common sense >_<

I nearly did fall for it. It was lucky that I investigated before going. Here have my monies.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2013, 07:45:59 PM

I nearly did fall for it. It was lucky that I investigated before going. Here have my monies.

+ xboxgames didn't have much posts or rep, he just had did a bit of betting - I don't know why people rushed to give him so much BTC.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2013, 01:26:12 PM

No updates with this, I think if he comes back and tries anything stupid then a scammer tag should be applied. This was a decent sized scam, quite sad that it happened tbh. He hasn't been active for 4 days and hasn't posted for a week.  Sad

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

I think even tough I found a lot of info on him , 2000$ was a small amount to care for people . I lost all of my mining money whit my horrible 40 mh/s hashing , now they are all gone , I lost 0.27 btc which was as you can calculate takes over a full month of my computer being open. Thats not a lot of work I know Cheesy but still it was my frist coins . I cant imagine people losing hundreds of dollars.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2013, 05:47:16 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2013, 12:47:45 AM by xetsr

No updates with this, I think if he comes back and tries anything stupid then a scammer tag should be applied. This was a decent sized scam, quite sad that it happened tbh. He hasn't been active for 4 days and hasn't posted for a week.  Sad

He should get a scammer tag now. I doubt he will be back using this account and most likely is already posting under a different name though so it's probably a waste of time.

So where are the people that wanted to give him more time and believed he would come through? Grin Looks like I saved others hundreds of dollars and BTC after all.
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 03:53:25 PM

I am shocked that noone does anything about this . I hoped someone would be mad that this was done and find who he is or even his place , this is about 2000$+ scam , Thats almost 2 months of my income Cheesy I mean thats biiiig. Why hasnt anyone tried to do something about it yet? I mean I have no idea how to hack or anything but there must be something with computers to do so in cryptocurrency forum right ? Cheesy
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

I am shocked that noone does anything about this . I hoped someone would be mad that this was done and find who he is or even his place , this is about 2000$+ scam , Thats almost 2 months of my income Cheesy I mean thats biiiig. Why hasnt anyone tried to do something about it yet? I mean I have no idea how to hack or anything but there must be something with computers to do so in cryptocurrency forum right ? Cheesy

Google Trendon Shavers. Last anyone heard he was doing just fine.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 04:16:00 PM

Google Trendon Shavers. Last anyone heard he was doing just fine.

Yep, no-one did shit about a multi-million dollar scam Lips sealed

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
June 26, 2013, 04:32:35 PM

Omg thats so horrible , on the other hand I feel good about losing 0.277 bitcoin Cheesy Cheesy

How can noone go to court for multi million dollar scam?

I know admins are not reading this but if they are , keeping these type of scammers here without a tag is couraging others to scam. Just give them an IP ban , thats all we ask for. How can someone with 2000$+ scam still log in? Thats horrible.
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2013, 11:32:15 PM

Omg thats so horrible , on the other hand I feel good about losing 0.277 bitcoin Cheesy Cheesy

I know admins are not reading this but if they are , keeping these type of scammers here without a tag is couraging others to scam. Just give them an IP ban , thats all we ask for. How can someone with 2000$+ scam still log in? Thats horrible.

The trust system in my opinion works much better. The trust is made by users and therefore much quicker. A scammer tag has to be made by a mod and that could take time.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

They don't ban unless they're being very malicious, e.g giving out viruses. You know, "decentralized" structure and all that, as well as the fact that an ex-scammer may pay back BTC one day. Maybe (0.0001% chance) the OP is actually not a scammer.

icey
Legendary

Activity: 1578
Merit: 1000

May the coin be with you..

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:00:31 PM

I've noticed all his defenders have disappeared
Rippyzippers

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 07:05:13 PM

Probably because they were all him =\

What a sad situation

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Profit from a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
Donate: BTC:1EtqYNJruZBEQWxDcEFytro7R1PGULPAm8
Anonymous Masks for BTC!
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2013, 07:10:12 PM

What a sad situation

Yeah, it really sucks Undecided Although I know, for instance RavinTavin did legitimately lose 5 BTC, which is terrible. Sad

stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 27, 2013, 10:00:04 PM

What a sad situation

Yeah, it really sucks Undecided Although I know, for instance RavinTavin did legitimately lose 5 BTC, which is terrible. Sad

ya feel bad for ravin!
Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:12:08 AM

Don't feel bad for people who can get it back quickly , she can webcam or whatever that is and make it back quickly , I have no other way of mine with my 40-50 mh/s . That means I have to mine for god knows how long to make 0.277 back.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:15:17 AM

Don't feel bad for people who can get it back quickly , she can webcam or whatever that is and make it back quickly , I have no other way of mine with my 40-50 mh/s . That means I have to mine for god knows how long to make 0.277 back.

40-50 mh/s isn't too bad...can't you do something else to make it back? Undecided

Professor James Moriarty
aka TheTortoise

View Profile
June 28, 2013, 07:26:27 AM

Coins per 24h at these conditions   0.0013 BTC

By this calculation if the difficulty doesnt change for higher I would need 213 days to recoup.

I dont know what else I can do , I am trying to sell my popmundo cash or my erepublik golds or what not , but its not that easy to do so.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2013, 07:29:39 AM

Coins per 24h at these conditions   0.0013 BTC

By this calculation if the difficulty doesnt change for higher I would need 213 days to recoup.

I dont know what else I can do , I am trying to sell my popmundo cash or my erepublik golds or what not , but its not that easy to do so.

Oh, damn...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: