Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:27:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE][AMD][NVIDIA][CPU]How to Mine AEON + Miners Downloads 💲⛏  (Read 15243 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:37:34 PM

Many thanks to the OP for getting this thread going. I have mined many coins but AEON seemed a bit tricky to set up. I tried it a few weeks ago but couldn't get it running for some reason on any of my 4 rigs. But now I am ready to give it another try with the new STAK release and this thread.

I have already generated my AEON wallet a few weeks ago and just downloaded "XMR-AEON-SUMO-STAK 2.0".  I have unpacked it and looked at the 2 .txt config files but I have a couple of questions that Im hoping someone can help me with"

1- Since there are 2 config files included, how does the .exe know which one to reference?  Do i need to delete the "config" file and leave the "config - AEON" file intact if i want to mine AEON with this?

2- Within the config - AEON file, the only thing i need to do is replace the existing address with my own wallet address, correct?  The pool and port are already what i want them to be (pool.aeon.hashvault.pro:5555) and the currency already shows "aeon".

Is there anything else that I need to do settings wise or in the config file or is that it?

FYI... I am running four 6x RX470 rigs on W10. Still running Crimson 16.10 as i've heard of too many nightmares with the Blockchain drivers.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattthev (OP)

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

Many thanks to the OP for getting this thread going. I have mined many coins but AEON seemed a bit tricky to set up. I tried it a few weeks ago but couldn't get it running for some reason on any of my 4 rigs. But now I am ready to give it another try with the new STAK release and this thread.

I have already generated my AEON wallet a few weeks ago and just downloaded "XMR-AEON-SUMO-STAK 2.0".  I have unpacked it and looked at the 2 .txt config files but I have a couple of questions that Im hoping someone can help me with"

1- Since there are 2 config files included, how does the .exe know which one to reference?  Do i need to delete the "config" file and leave the "config - AEON" file intact if i want to mine AEON with this?

2- Within the config - AEON file, the only thing i need to do is replace the existing address with my own wallet address, correct?  The pool and port are already what i want them to be (pool.aeon.hashvault.pro:5555) and the currency already shows "aeon".

Is there anything else that I need to do settings wise or in the config file or is that it?

FYI... I am running four 6x RX470 rigs on W10. Still running Crimson 16.10 as i've heard of too many nightmares with the Blockchain drivers.

The AEON config is for easy start. Miner always use config.txt. For AEON rename config.txt and use the AEON one or edit the config.txt for AEON. Change cryptocurrency to AEON, add your wallet, pool and password. Doesn't matter which of these 2 options you will do.
You can enable port for web stats. GPU and CPU config are separate in their own files. You can use same config as for Monero.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 10:57:53 PM

The AEON config is for easy start. Miner always use config.txt. For AEON rename config.txt and use the AEON one or edit the config.txt for AEON. Change cryptocurrency to AEON, add your wallet, pool and password. Doesn't matter which of these 2 options you will do.
You can enable port for web stats. GPU and CPU config are separate in their own files. You can use same config as for Monero.

Thanks for the quick reply!  that first part makes good sense... I will just re-name my config - AEON file to Config as I've already updated those fields in it.

However, what do you mean by "GPU and CPU config are separate in their own files"?  I don't see any other files in the pack except dll's and and "nocpu.bat" but there are no parameters in the latter, seems just like a way to launch the .exe.  If i have my GPUs already setup through afterburner and watt-tool, is that sufficient? or is there something else I need to do in the miner set up?
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 07:26:48 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!  that first part makes good sense... I will just re-name my config - AEON file to Config as I've already updated those fields in it.

However, what do you mean by "GPU and CPU config are separate in their own files"?  I don't see any other files in the pack except dll's and and "nocpu.bat" but there are no parameters in the latter, seems just like a way to launch the .exe.  If i have my GPUs already setup through afterburner and watt-tool, is that sufficient? or is there something else I need to do in the miner set up?

It will auto create configs for GPUs and CPU after first start, then you can tweak intensity, worksize, threads, etc.

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

Updated XMR-STAK 2.0 to the newest version. Now with multiple pools! If pool is unavailable it will auto connect to other pool.
https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak
XMR-STAK 2.0 - Mega 1% dev fee

wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:16:58 AM

Anyone know if Cast XMR works with AEON, I'm assuming no. I'd be cool seeing how much my seven card 14.2Kh/s vega rig hashes on cryptonote-light. Wanna see if it's exacly double what ETN and XMR gives me.

I like crypto
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 10:52:43 AM

Anyone know if Cast XMR works with AEON, I'm assuming no. I'd be cool seeing how much my seven card 14.2Kh/s vega rig hashes on cryptonote-light. Wanna see if it's exacly double what ETN and XMR gives me.
Why not use XMR-STAK then? You can try the newest 2.0. Cast uses same kernel as XMR-STAK I think, shouldn't be hard to port it anyway.

preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:37:44 PM

how is the speed with video cards? same like monero? 1060 does 500?
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2017, 03:10:28 PM

how is the speed with video cards? same like monero? 1060 does 500?
Monero GPU hashrate x2 = AEON GPU hashrate

I should probably make the bold font even bigger -_-

wudafuxup

Activity: 391
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 03:45:55 AM

Why not use XMR-STAK then? You can try the newest 2.0. Cast uses same kernel as XMR-STAK I think, shouldn't be hard to port it anyway.

I would but XMR-STAK crashes my vega rig (only when I have more than 6 cards installed) for some odd reason. It starts to run normally but slowly starts to artifact until it BSOD and system crashes, but on the same sytem Cast XMR works fine. I'm sure there's some explanation as to why but I don't really wanna spend the time trying to figure it out since Cast seems to be working fine.

I like crypto
overboost

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:26:44 AM

What hardware are you using for such hashrates? My R9 280x are getting 1000h/s :/ On 15.7.1 drivers... I feel like this is a bad hashrate?
Modded RX cards can do 1600-2100H/s depends on cards, memory quality and timings.

I’m building a 6 card rig and want to add a quality CPU for mining

What’s  best bang for buck CPU everyone would recommend here and OS
Probably Ryzen, or if you don't care about power consumption some older i5, i7 or Xeon would be best. CPU need to have AES support!

Hi guys, I have a i5 with 4 cores@3.4 Ghz + AES and I use xmrig with a1 algo. Usually I get ~600 H/s.
Does it worth to upgrade to a better CPU, or use a video card?
Please note, money are a issue, so upgrading will be limited.

Thanks.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2017, 01:53:36 PM

NEW XMR-STAK 2.1!!
Not official released yet.
Some hashrate improvements.

overboost

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 12, 2017, 08:43:47 PM

NEW XMR-STAK 2.1!!

is it better than xmrig ?
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 10:24:47 AM

Updated drivers
Updated XMR-AEON-STAK 2.2

Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 10:27:01 AM

NEW XMR-STAK 2.1!!

is it better than xmrig ?
I like XMR-STAK more, but hashrate would be probably almost the same.

lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 10:53:26 PM

Do you know a surprise mining Aeon?

Surface's Atom x7-Z8700. 160H/s on 2W, 2 threads...
lncm

Activity: 388
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:23:24 PM

On another subject I recently stated mining Aeon, as I realized Cryptonight-light is 4x faster on CPU's (actually Mattthev told me Cool )

On every CPU I tried it's actually true, hashrate is around 4x that of cryptonight (I used to mine monero and Intense Coin on CPU's).

However, I have a Xeon E5645 that I thought it would be just fine for CPU mining (2.4 Ghz, 6 cores, 12 threads, 12 Mb L3, AES, triple channel memory, 80W TDP) but in reality is an underperformer.

It gave ~200 H/s on Cryptonight, but when mining AEON, performance increase is around 3x (~600 H/s). I tried XMR-Stak 2.2 and now Aeon-Stack-CPU, same thing. That is with 10 threads, 11 and 12 are actually slower.

For instance, Ryzen 1700 went from ~500 to almost 2000 in Cryptonight-light and a 2 core 15 W i7 7500u laptop went 130 to 500+ H/s. Now, that's the 4x were talking about.

I know the i7 7500 is several generations ahead, but damn, that Xeon has 3x more cores and 3x more L3 cache, and it competes with the 2 core low power CPU I have on my laptop. Cryptonight and Cryptonight-light AFAIK use SSE and AES instructions that both CPU have.

Am I doing something wrong, or is that the way that is? 
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 08:28:54 AM

XMR-STAK 2.4 and SRBminer 1.2 now support AEON V7!
SRBMiner
SRBMiner 1.2
Includes Monero Cryptonight V7, SUMO CN-Heavy and AEON V7 POW changes FIX!!

XMR-STAK - Including Sumokoin Cryptonight-heavy POW algo
XMR-STAK 2.4.1 Github - Official, includes POW changes, 2% dev fee
XMR-STAK 2.4.1 includes POW changes - Github - Indeed Miners, lowered dev fee to 1% instead of 2%, unofficial release
XMR-STAK 2.4.1 includes POW changes - Mega - Indeed Miners, lowered dev fee to 1% instead of 2%, unofficial release
Includes Monero Cryptonight V7, SUMO CN-Heavy and AEON V7 POW changes FIX!!

necromars

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 01:48:08 AM

hi,

Is there a way i could use old GPU such as AMD HD 5770 for mining AEON?
I always got GPU compute error/errors in all of the miners.
Mattthev (OP)

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:53:23 AM

hi,

Is there a way i could use old GPU such as AMD HD 5770 for mining AEON?
I always got GPU compute error/errors in all of the miners.
Maybe with some old miner all those new use OpenCL 2.0, but your GPU doesn't support it.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: