Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:51:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to OC GPU's  (Read 463 times)
stugots2 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 102

Too Many Miners Not Enough Electricity

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:07:43 PM

mainly the RX 580 whats the best way to OC this thing? driving me insane....
Afterburner doesn't work, Bios wont seem to update (unless I'm getting bad ones)

can anyone help me out here?

Thanks
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chan8

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 05:52:30 PM

Afterburner doesn't work, Bios wont seem to update (unless I'm getting bad ones)

Thanks

Hmmm, maybe you should be more specific with your problem. Theres alot of knowledgable members on here that can chime in and help you out.
So your having problem flashing your bios?
What software are you running or flashing your cards, windows or linux? Seems like your running after burner, so your trying to flash your cards running windows?
What brand cards are you having issues with?
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:16:21 PM

Thanks

Can you share what kind of memory your RX 580 has, you can find it with GPU-Z program. If it has Hynix memory it cannot be overclocked through the Afterburner utility so you must use a bios modification. Go on youtube and search "RX580 bios mod" a lot of videos will pop up, BuriedOne and Bitbetrippin are the best guys in modifying the bios of such cards.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
stugots2 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:20:43 PM

Windows.

Bios won't seem to flash, When I use ATI flasher it says "mismatch" whatever that means.

Also do you suggest Bios update or MSI afterburner? are both required?

I have the Gigabyte RX 580 BTW  8GB
stugots2 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:21:50 PM

GPU-Z program, which do you suggest to see if I have that kinda memory?
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:34:51 PM

Thanks

Can you share what kind of memory your RX 580 has, you can find it with GPU-Z program. If it has Hynix memory it cannot be overclocked through the Afterburner utility so you must use a bios modification. Go on youtube and search "RX580 bios mod" a lot of videos will pop up, BuriedOne and Bitbetrippin are the best guys in modifying the bios of such cards.

Nonsense. Do you really think gamers would want to buy a card they couldn't overclock? Most of my AMD RX 570/580 cards have Hynix memory and I overclock and undervolt them all of them with Afterburner v4.4.0 beta 19. Since AMD changed the API starting with the Crimson Relive v17.7.2, you have to use Afterburner v4.40 beta 16 or higher with the AMD blockchain drivers or Relive drivers higher than v17.7.1. You also need to use the pixel patcher with a modded Bios to bypass the AMD driver signature check or it will show a Code 43 in Windows Device Manager and you won't be able to overclock or use the card.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html

https://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher
stugots2 (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:53:20 PM

and she DOES have an Hynix memory (just found that out)
stugots2 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:09:52 AM

Vann sent you a PM
stugots2 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:05:23 PM

if im understanding correctly Bios mod as well as MSI afterburner??
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:31:41 PM

Thanks

Nonsense. Do you really think gamers would want to buy a card they couldn't overclock? Most of my AMD RX 570/580 cards have Hynix memory and I overclock and undervolt them all of them with Afterburner v4.4.0 beta 19. Since AMD changed the API starting with the Crimson Relive v17.7.2, you have to use Afterburner v4.40 beta 16 or higher with the AMD blockchain drivers or Relive drivers higher than v17.7.1. You also need to use the pixel patcher with a modded Bios to bypass the AMD driver signature check or it will show a Code 43 in Windows Device Manager and you won't be able to overclock or use the card.

Sapphire Nitro + and Sapphire Pulse RX 570/580 cannot go above 24.3 to 24.7 Mhash with Hynix memory. I increase the clocks from latest Afterburner and also the memory to maximum, but the hashrate stays the same.

Of course with a bios mod is a different story and they reach 30-31 Mhash but why these cards differently from Samsung memory which through afterburner goes to 27.5 Mhash without a bios modification. That's what I am saying. Trust me I have setup lots of them for a few friends and all of them with Hynix memory unfortunately.

When I bought my cards, I tested them before and told seller, if they are not with Samsung memory I will not buy and they agreed because I know them. So my RX480/580 are all with Samsung memory which is clearly better than Hynix.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:51:58 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 07:17:07 AM by Vann

Thanks

Sapphire Nitro + and Sapphire Pulse RX 570/580 cannot go above 24.3 to 24.7 Mhash with Hynix memory. I increase the clocks from latest Afterburner and also the memory to maximum, but the hashrate stays the same.

Of course with a bios mod is a different story and they reach 30-31 Mhash but why these cards differently from Samsung memory which through afterburner goes to 27.5 Mhash without a bios modification. That's what I am saying. Trust me I have setup lots of them for a few friends and all of them with Hynix memory unfortunately.

When I bought my cards, I tested them before and told seller, if they are not with Samsung memory I will not buy and they agreed because I know them. So my RX480/580 are all with Samsung memory which is clearly better than Hynix.

Many RX 570/580 cards have more than one memory type. My Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8 GB cards all have dual timings with Samsung straps in the 1: index and Hynix straps in the 2: index. Some are identified as having Samsung memory in GPU-Z and the others show up as Hynix in GPU-Z. All of them were modded with the Polaris Bios Editor v 1.62 from jaschaknack 'one click timing patch' which applies the bundled performance straps for each of the memory types.

The Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580's identified as Samsung in GPU-Z can only overclock to 2100 MHz max on the memory in Afterburner before they produce tons of memory errors in HWinfo and get 30-30.5 MH/s max with 1150 MHz core overclock. The cards identified as Hynix I can overclock the memory in Afterburner to 2200-2250 MHz and the get 30.5-31+ MH/s. So I would not say Samsung is clearly better than Hynix for AMD cards, since the Hynix cards clearly overclock better with the timing straps I used.

I also have Asus STRIX RX 480/580 8 GB cards that only have Samsung timings. Those I can only overclock to 2000 MHz on the memory, getting 28.5-29.5 max with the PBE v1.62 Bios mod and those are the lowest hash rate Polaris cards I have. In any case, to maximize the hash rate of your AMD Polaris cards for ETH mining, you must overclock the core, memory and Bios mod the timings.

https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor

Mattthev also has a good guide to Bios modding your AMD cards to maximize their performance.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1954245.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: