Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:56:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin hits $6000. How far will it go until 25th?  (Read 1138 times)
Merovius

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:36:09 PM

According to what I am reading today, the most recent move upward in BTC toward $6000 is actually coming from Zimbabwe, where another economic crisis is driving more people into bitcoin in an attempt to escape a devaluing local currency:

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-trading-at-nearly-10000-in-zimbabwe-due-to-a-lack-of-cash-in-the-country/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-10-20/zimbabwe-panic-sends-bitcoin-soaring-over-6000-now-bigger-goldman-sachs
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:36:35 PM

I think people assuming this is simple due the upcoming fork haven't understood the fact that Ledger X, in other words, a massive amount of Wall Street Money, is around the corner.

I may be wrong, but I think the Bitcoin Gold fork is pretty much irrelevant to the fork. Bitcoin Gold may not even have a functional blockchain because most miners will not mine it so it will be slow to process blocks.

We are at ATH because Ledger X is around the corner and Segwit2x is losing the battle = bullish.
Ivan16

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:40:36 PM

I think not so far,not over 6200k but i dont know whay is important 25th?if you want to buy,do that he grows every day.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:41:16 PM

It will rise these all are the last minute investors they just want bitcoin regardless of the price , I'm see more buy orders on major exchanges but again this might just be a small peak and by tomorrow it can fall back to 5600$. I was able to sell my coins at 6000$ waiting for it drop so i can rebuy
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:43:23 PM

Nah, I think we've hit our max. We only have 5 days to go before the fork. A few days before that we'll see the buying stop. We're nearly within the window of 3-4 day settlement of transactions from exchanges.
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:44:33 PM

Investors dropping altcoins for Bitcoin before hardfork on 25th. How high can it go before the hard fork happens? My bet is $7500!

(source: https://coincodex.com/crypto/bitcoin/)

True indeed ,alts are going down really bad, and bitcoin Hallelujah. Way more to go bitcoin.
Whoops,7.5k is alot bruh seriously.. People will just find ways to be rich. I say bitcoin will go up to like what 6500$ tops? Maybe a bit more and then fork happens and you gonna see the markets crash ,you gonna see some panic sell happening,you know what imma saying.Yeah ,you gonna see a lotta action take place in the crypto markets. And get your shit together for this and let the things happen. Imma so damn hyped for this..

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Drnice

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:46:36 PM

Well, let's see how things goes, maybe when the time for the fork approaches, the price of bitcoin will drop and some days after the fork, then the price will go up steadily.
For now let's watch the market chart.
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

Bitcoin price after the fork has a big possibilty to go down. People are only buying bitcoin just to have some of bitcoin gold and after that the rally will stop ,selling starts which may result to a dump.  The same of what happened when bitcoin cash is born.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:21:14 PM

Investors dropping altcoins for Bitcoin before hardfork on 25th. How high can it go before the hard fork happens? My bet is $7500!

https://i.imgur.com/878iLEL.png
Yeah $7500 is quite reasonable, there are still four weeks left to the 25th and I think the bitcoin price can still rise above $7000 by the 25th. I still hold the bitcoin and I'm not affected to sell it now.
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:22:05 PM

I think bitcoin will hit 7,000 before or and after hardwork, this is the prediction of our beloved traders who are studying the movement of the price/

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:26:48 PM

Bitcoin can briefly touch $7,000 in the next weeks, but as always reaching a new ATH is usually followed by some short period of correction so when you combine it with uncertainty of the fork it will result in some slowing down of the price rise. But the price also shouldn't drop too much before the fork, since many traders see it as an opportunity to get free coins, so we shouldn't drop below $5,000 before the fork will happen. But Bitcoin has proven to be quite volatile so going above $7,000 or below $5,000 is also possible.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xtimus

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:34:29 PM

My bet is it will stay around $6000 and may even dip back to mid $5000.
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:41:05 PM

Bitcoin can briefly touch $7,000 in the next weeks, but as always reaching a new ATH is usually followed by some short period of correction so when you combine it with uncertainty of the fork it will result in some slowing down of the price rise. But the price also shouldn't drop too much before the fork, since many traders see it as an opportunity to get free coins, so we shouldn't drop below $5,000 before the fork will happen. But Bitcoin has proven to be quite volatile so going above $7,000 or below $5,000 is also possible.

Touching $7000 is possible, but that might be hard enough. Till 25th $6500 is fairly possible as per current movements and might not dip badly just before fork. But again the current rise also constitutes entry of new users who might panic and sell off.
If the price reaches $7000, correction or fall below $5000 is unlikely but you never know, its Bitcoin and famous for volatility.

CoolShop

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:01:11 PM

this price came from Pump so that i think it may be down fast
rockyram

Activity: 295

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:06:17 PM

True indeed ,alts are going down really bad, and bitcoin Hallelujah. Way more to go bitcoin.
Whoops,7.5k is alot bruh seriously.. People will just find ways to be rich. I say bitcoin will go up to like what 6500$ tops? Maybe a bit more and then fork happens and you gonna see the markets crash ,you gonna see some panic sell happening,you know what imma saying.Yeah ,you gonna see a lotta action take place in the crypto markets. And get your shit together for this and let the things happen. Imma so damn hyped for this..

I had waited for this value to reach.So after this the price of bitcoin will reach the value of 7500$.Actually the 6000$ is the expected value.I think this will reach two days back itself.But it was little bit slow.If the increment will continue means,who know the price will reach the value of 8000$ .That much power bitcoin has.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 08:06:55 PM

I get why people somewhat relate the latest increase to the fork that is going to happen, but why can't this be just legitimate demand causing the price to reach newer highs?

It might very well be the second part of the previous bull run that was stopped due to people taking profits, China once again being the familiar obstacle, and JPMorgan fud ~ or it could even be a combination of both.

If this really turns out to be largely related to the fork of this month, which I doubt, then the price should correct accordingly at the moment the split has become reality ~ less than a week to go before we find out.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 08:12:39 PM

As i can see right now  there are lots more people are buying bitcoins compare to selling but there are still lots of traders are satisfied what the price reach today but i think it will end soon so it can continue to increase more soon..  

Fork is not the only reason i think they are also wanted to get more free bitcoin gold after the fork that is why there are lots of people right now are buying bitcoins.

Remember what happen to Bitcoin cash.
And i don't think this news also the reason why the price increases https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/20/bitcoin-price-is-heading-to-10000-cnbc-survey-says.html

Just got this news in the past few hours since cnbc has lots of viewers and could be also a sign that the price of bitcoin can be increase or crash just like what happen in china Ico ban. .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 10:37:44 PM

Bitcoin did break a new record, even without China, we can now clearly see another bullish move and it is closing to October 25, I think it might reach around 6500 to 7000 USD, but we cannot be sure if it will reach 7000 USD in just a few days, though it had breached 6000 USD mark, Bitcoin still needs to creep above 6000 USD and stay stay above it. Though the fork is nearing, there are still factors that will affect the price of Bitcoin, there are still a lot of people who wants to gain profit immediately, we might see a slight drop of the price before the fork, and there will be more volatility that time, the price might be higher than 6500, that is why it is safe to stay within 6500-7000 USD range. We should also consider the fact that a lot of people are new investors to Bitcoin at this time, once they see the price of bitcoin rises, they will do profit taking, making Bitcoin more volatile, in other words, we should not relax during this time, since the fork is coming, there will always be people who create false news and will try create panic among us, since they know, that a lot of investors are new to investing and will stumble whenever they hear negative news. Let's all hope that this time, there are fewer weak hands than before.
Lord of the Lies

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:51:26 AM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com is listing btc at over $54 trillion EUR on kraken right now.

how long before the other markets catch up? i think i'll buy all the lambos.
shimbark123

Activity: 574

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:45:46 AM

It will only go 6,500 usd to 6,800 usd. That would be the only price I am speculating. And I think it will bump after the fork. Am I right? It might go back to 4,500 usd to 5000 usd for stabilization.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆