Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:38:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way for start mining for my PC (Nvidia GTX 970 + Intel i5-6600)  (Read 221 times)
ladislav.czech (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:18:48 PM

Hello,
please help me with the beginning of mining.
I have Nvidia GTX 970 and intel i5-6600. I have a few questions, please help me with this, I can not even set it up.

* Can anyone advise me what is the best software for my computer? I want to take full advantage of CUDA
* What currency is best for mining?
* What should I choose a pool?

Thanks for helping, I am a great amateur and I will need assistance to run.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:13:33 PM

The answers will depend on what coin you want to mine.  You will have to download different programs for different coins.  I suggest figuring out what coins you want to mine, or what algorithminterests you and start looking at the various pools, like Suprnova.cc(yes that is spelled correctly) or multipool.us to start.  Each setup is different, no one can tell you with any certainty what will work best for you.  

You will  need CUDA 8 or CUDA 9

Some pools will have links to the best mining software

Good luck!

0xcosmos

Activity: 585
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:45:04 PM

Hello,
please help me with the beginning of mining.
I have Nvidia GTX 970 and intel i5-6600. I have a few questions, please help me with this, I can not even set it up.

* Can anyone advise me what is the best software for my computer? I want to take full advantage of CUDA
* What currency is best for mining?
* What should I choose a pool?

Thanks for helping, I am a great amateur and I will need assistance to run.

try nicehash if you are starting out it'll clear your basics of gpu mining
check whattomine.com for potention coins to mine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: