Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin regaining dominance.  (Read 5000 times)
rockyram

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:40:38 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 06:26:45 PM by rockyram

Apart from reaching a new ATH, bitcoin is also regaining dominance vs other alts. It was halved between March and June and bitcoin has been slowly regaining it but lately seems to have received a boost.

http://i64.tinypic.com/dh4xx.jpg

Source: (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage)

Any ideas about why this is happening?

IT might be because that people are now starting to believe in bitcoin in a way that it is becoming more palatable than other cryptocurrencies just because of its longevity and that it is still higher than some of the other currencies. It might also be that the influence and popularity of bitcoin is spreading.

I think the hype of the fork is coming into effect.  The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them.
Yes, exact same thing that happened during the Bitcoin Cash fork.

On top of that the crypto market is getting bigger since Bitcoin is in the news almost every day now.

This could be a major pump after the fork or a dump. Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today. Many people are still asking, what is bitcoin?  I think crypto market will still rise in the future
Of course everyone will stick with Bitcoin. Nobody cared about Cash or Gold to begin with. They're just alts that try to use the Bitcoin name for their own gain.

Anyway, we're probably going to see Bitcoin go down a little while altcoins start pumping after the fork.

Yes ,Bitcoin regaining dominance . Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today and The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:03:08 PM

Apart from reaching a new ATH, bitcoin is also regaining dominance vs other alts. It was halved between March and June and bitcoin has been slowly regaining it but lately seems to have received a boost.

IT might be because that people are now starting to believe in bitcoin in a way that it is becoming more palatable than other cryptocurrencies just because of its longevity and that it is still higher than some of the other currencies. It might also be that the influence and popularity of bitcoin is spreading.

I think the hype of the fork is coming into effect.  The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them.

On top of that the crypto market is getting bigger since Bitcoin is in the news almost every day now.

This could be a major pump after the fork or a dump. Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today. Many people are still asking, what is bitcoin?  I think crypto market will still rise in the future
Of course everyone will stick with Bitcoin. Nobody cared about Cash or Gold to begin with. They're just alts that try to use the Bitcoin name for their own gain.

Anyway, we're probably going to see Bitcoin go down a little while altcoins start pumping after the fork.

Bitcoin regaining dominance  are . Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today and The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them .

I doubt Bitcoin Gold is going to be worth more than $200. If BCash has been dumped so hard to $300, even with all the shilling from Roger Ver in Bitcoin.com and the rest of actors with social media influence shilling it... how can this BGold fork reach any level of relevancy?

I think it's not even going to be worth 3 figures and most people aren't even going to bother to risk making a mistake with their cold storage for such a low price. Maybe if you don't have many BTC you don't care, but people that have 5+ figures invested are taking a risk each time they have to change their cold storage in its entirety to access the forked coins.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:23:35 PM

Bitcoin regaining dominance  are . Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today and The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them .

I doubt Bitcoin Gold is going to be worth more than $200. If BCash has been dumped so hard to $300, even with all the shilling from Roger Ver in Bitcoin.com and the rest of actors with social media influence shilling it... how can this BGold fork reach any level of relevancy?

I think it's not even going to be worth 3 figures and most people aren't even going to bother to risk making a mistake with their cold storage for such a low price. Maybe if you don't have many BTC you don't care, but people that have 5+ figures invested are taking a risk each time they have to change their cold storage in its entirety to access the forked coins.
This. I didn't even bother riding the Bitcoin pump just for Bitcoin Gold.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:26:28 PM

A major reason behind this is the upcoming bitcoin gold fork, people know what happened last time and don't want to pass up the opportunity for free cash.

Rest assured this will change once people have got their gold and start moving back to their alts.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:30:37 PM

A major reason behind this is the upcoming bitcoin gold fork, people know what happened last time and don't want to pass up the opportunity for free cash.

Rest assured this will change once people have got their gold and start moving back to their alts.
This is just a temporary breakdown of the market by people who are just trying to get as in prior years free dollars depending on the size of their wallet.

Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:43:32 PM

yes bitcoin back to top peak because it is from yesterday ETH which incessantly develop its technology. if only bitcoin can work with token or altcoin or develop new bitcoin-based products then bitcoin will always be number 1.

BTC will always be on top itself because rest of the altcoin are created based on the this technology and the concept of btc. Yes there are many coins which are trying to be somewhere reaching near btc but yet the no 2 coin is ETH which is still far away anywhere even to bitcoin.

We can't deny that bitcoin have power and it is strong enough to compete and crash down other coins in the market. Because in the heart and trust of most people in the community are in bitcoin, picking-up other coins is just their 2nd option. That's why bitcoin would still dominating against others.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:43:49 PM

Bitcoin has always been the dominant crypto anyway. I agree that the rise maybe in anticipation of the coming fork but I don't really see bitcoins going really down after that.

Me, I'd probably just avoid buying now because of the high price. I'm not even sure if I'll make a profit out of that Bitcoin Gold. Might as well prepare for the drop after people have got their fill and dumped their bitalt.
amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:47:27 PM

REGAINING? it would mean that it ever lost it. It didn´t there was a crazy alt coin bubble and  crazier ICO bubble. Those are stabilizing with lots of money being back in BTC . To add to this is the new money that keeps coming for more conservative financial areas. that can only lead to BTC growing. Now i´m waiting for the next big correction with a dip of 2 or 3k to stack up. Till then is keep trading and working hard.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:49:54 PM

But i do not think that it is conform that even this time people will get free bitcoin gold.  Although most of the people are expecting it but i think that it is not conform. I think the present increase in price of bitcoin is also because of the speculation of the people about bitcoin cash. I think after hard fork we can expect a little correction which will drop the price of bitcoin to a little low value and after correction the price of bitcoin will once again start increasing.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:05:48 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 08:25:52 PM by BunnyShibe

Yes ,Bitcoin regaining dominance . Although bitcoin cash fork was made, does it become reliable? Does it improve? What will happen after bitcoin gold? People are still sticking to bitcoin because many investors are buying bitcoin because of its known popularity today and The news about Bitcoin Gold and the value or profit that a bitcoin holder can take once fork is done.  Probably greed is driving Bitcoin market upward since more bitcoin means more coins on the forked chain which means a profit for them .
But I do not think that bitcoin ever lost its dominancy. I think bitcoin was number one crypto currency and is still as number one. I am sure that even in future bitcoin will remain as number one currency because the users of bitcoin are increasing more as compare to any other crypto currency, In fact people are more confident while they investing money in bitcoin. Although some time they even trade other crypto currencies, but still they consider bitcoin as the main crypto currency.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 08:10:57 PM

But i do not think that it is conform that even this time people will get free bitcoin gold.  Although most of the people are expecting it but i think that it is not conform. I think the present increase in price of bitcoin is also because of the speculation of the people about bitcoin cash. I think after hard fork we can expect a little correction which will drop the price of bitcoin to a little low value and after correction the price of bitcoin will once again start increasing.
Price correction takes place, along with that people getting bitcoin gold into their wallets too have increased possibility. This has been speculated by lot many users around the forum, from the combined data majority users mentioned that bitcoin gold gets distributed. This is not the dominance. This is all about the periodic growth and in reality no other assets can dominate bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:14:51 PM

[IM G]http://i64.tinypic.com/dh4xx.jpg[/img]

This is no doubt a very good news for all those who are having bitcoins in their wallets and it will help bitcoin to earn a very good reputation in the coming days. Bitcoin is indeed a very good thing. We only need to understand this thing and we need to learn more about bitcoin.

With each passing day, the number of people investing in bitcoin will be increased because more people will be knowing about bitcoin and it will help bitcoin in earning better name.
streetlight

Activity: 253

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:26:54 PM

Bitcoin is definitely regaining dominance because the price keeps pushing past whatever people think it will stop at.  Year after year it exceeds peoples expectations.
Kevin13

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 11:32:37 PM

It keeps on dominating the blockchain nowadays because bitcoin  is really gaining some popularity and I think for the long term it will be in its dominance so no doubt no one could down btc even other altcoins keep on rising it will do the same also.
asha18

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:28:46 AM

Nobody wants to lose the invested money. If Bitcoin loses its value the Altcoins in General will die. I think that bitcoins has not really ever loss its dominance over the other alt coins but ethereum did come close to overcome bitcoins
aoihs00

Activity: 700
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:50:34 AM

This is just a temporary breakdown of the market by people who are just trying to get as in prior years free dollars depending on the size of their wallet.

And we all thought that people are being responsible trades and investors. They have got all the sense of not getting panicked in this situation. If we think it in different perspective then it’s only cash, money, free things that can motivate people to keep up their investent otherwise they will be crazy to sell their bitcoin even at -50% loss and yes that happened already in the past as you guys spoke. I’m pretty sure that people go panic again and we will see rise of altcoins again. :-)
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:04:14 AM

[I M G ]http://i64.tinypic.com/dh4xx.jpg[/img]

If you have checked, history is just repeating itself. The fact the prices are booming in bitcoins, investors are moving away from altcoins. Then if bitcoins are going down, they are all buying cheap altcoins. It's like a seesaw, when one falls the other rises. This has been the case for a while now. You'll see when prices go down in bitcoins then altcoins will again rise. So this is the best time to buy those cheap alts.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:28:45 AM

[I M G ]http://i64.tinypic.com/dh4xx.jpg[/img]

If you have checked, history is just repeating itself. The fact the prices are booming in bitcoins, investors are moving away from altcoins. Then if bitcoins are going down, they are all buying cheap altcoins. It's like a seesaw, when one falls the other rises. This has been the case for a while now. You'll see when prices go down in bitcoins then altcoins will again rise. So this is the best time to buy those cheap alts.
I agree that the market of the cryptocurrencies are just like seesaw because right now they are in the side of bitcoin because they saw that the price of bitcoin is going up and it is better to stay and be safe in the side of bitcoin because anytime the prices of altcoins can go down hard and if they will not be able to manage the risk of altcoin investment and trading then they will become loser so it is best to stay at being neutral.
ajmapalo22

Activity: 266
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:14:51 AM

I think this is just proper for bitcoin to gain dominance since it is consider to be the mother of all crypto currencies. Bitcoin grows higher because of the increasing demand it has nowadays I can see that many people are now into digital currency because of the opportunity they get in investment, they were able to earn additional income some were able to invest big amount in later years that's why they were able to harvest good profit on bitcoin investment.
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:34:45 AM

The dominance will always be there because people trust bitcoin more than alts. It’s not just trust but the value that bitcoin carries since long time. People know that they are holding alts but they are not going to be hiked much more than couple of hundred bucks but in case of bitcoin and with long term period bitcoin can change the reality of investment. The dominance will stay as it is as long whole crypto community doesn’t put their stakes on different coins. And as far as we know the chances of happening this are very less. So enjoy the bitcoin dominance as it is rising day by day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: