Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:51:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin regaining dominance.  (Read 5000 times)
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 12:45:20 PM

I think that Bitcoin will alway be above all other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is first cryptocurrency and that gives it a lot. It broke the ice and showed people what cryptocurrency could be or become. Also if it was not the best, it wouldn't have the highest price. Maybe in time it will lose to some other or new crypto, but for now its first.
Yes for now bitcoin is the unstoppable cryptocurrency among all cryptocurrencies. Many people is using bitcoin and a lot of people is now investing with bitcoin. The highest price of bitcoin is one proof that bitcoin is really the best.
I think bitcoin never ever lost its dominance, In fact bitcoin is dominant over all crypto currencies from very beginning and we can expect that it will remain as dominant for ever. Bitcoin is in fact the very first digital currency mainly created for online shopping etc but now we can see that it is even use in local shops for shopping. the shopkeepers interested to accept bitcoin for shopping. The popularity and importance of bitcoin is increasing from time to time, which is making the future of bitcoin more bright.

I guess this is no more than wishful thinking on your part

I refer to your claim that "now we can see that it is even use[d] in local shops for shopping" and "the shopkeepers [are] interested to accept bitcoin for shopping". This is not even close to being a half-truth. The shopkeepers are not interested in Bitcoin as a means of payment (though they can be interested in it as a vehicle for speculation). They are interested in fiat as they have always been. Were it not so, they would accept Bitcoin directly which they don't do since they use payment processors like BitPay and their likes to instantly convert the bitcoins people are paying for their goods and service into fiat. This is the harsh reality whether you like it or not, and you have to face it if you don't want to remain delusional. The popularity of Bitcoin comes via its use for speculation exclusively, not through real life commerce
Real life commerce does fuel speculation and demand though. If you could choose between two assets with similar returns and only one of them was easily and instantly exchangeable for goods, you would go with that one. So whether or not vendors use BitPay as a middleman or not is not relevant to the Bitcoin price and its adoption.

It's certainly true that most people wouldn't want to accept Bitcoins as a mean of payment directly though, since they rely on the liquidity of fiat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockyram

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:21:49 PM

I think that Bitcoin will alway be above all other cryptocurrencies. Bitcoin is first cryptocurrency and that gives it a lot. It broke the ice and showed people what cryptocurrency could be or become. Also if it was not the best, it wouldn't have the highest price. Maybe in time it will lose to some other or new crypto, but for now its first.
Yes for now bitcoin is the unstoppable cryptocurrency among all cryptocurrencies. Many people is using bitcoin and a lot of people is now investing with bitcoin. The highest price of bitcoin is one proof that bitcoin is really the best.
I think bitcoin never ever lost its dominance, In fact bitcoin is dominant over all crypto currencies from very beginning and we can expect that it will remain as dominant for ever. Bitcoin is in fact the very first digital currency mainly created for online shopping etc but now we can see that it is even use in local shops for shopping. the shopkeepers interested to accept bitcoin for shopping. The popularity and importance of bitcoin is increasing from time to time, which is making the future of bitcoin more bright.

I refer to your claim that "now we can see that it is even use[d] in local shops for shopping" and "the shopkeepers [are] interested to accept bitcoin for shopping". This is not even close to being a half-truth. The shopkeepers are not interested in Bitcoin as a means of payment (though they can be interested in it as a vehicle for speculation). They are interested in fiat as they have always been. Were it not so, they would accept Bitcoin directly which they don't do since they use payment processors like BitPay and their likes to instantly convert the bitcoins people are paying for their goods and service into fiat. This is the harsh reality whether you like it or not, and you have to face it if you don't want to remain delusional. The popularity of Bitcoin comes via its use for speculation exclusively, not through real life commerce
Real life commerce does fuel speculation and demand though. If you could choose between two assets with similar returns and only one of them was easily and instantly exchangeable for goods, you would go with that one. So whether or not vendors use BitPay as a middleman or not is not relevant to the Bitcoin price and its adoption.

It's certainly true that most people wouldn't want to accept Bitcoins as a mean of payment directly though, since they rely on the liquidity of fiat.

This is not even close to being a half-truth. The shopkeepers are not interested in Bitcoin as a means of payment (though they can be interested in it as a vehicle for speculation). They are interested in fiat as they have always been. Were it not so, they would accept Bitcoin directly which they don't do since they use payment processors like BitPay and their likes to instantly convert the bitcoins people are paying for their goods and service into fiat.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:46:42 PM

This is not even close to being a half-truth. The shopkeepers are not interested in Bitcoin as a means of payment (though they can be interested in it as a vehicle for speculation). They are interested in fiat as they have always been. Were it not so, they would accept Bitcoin directly which they don't do since they use payment processors like BitPay and their likes to instantly convert the bitcoins people are paying for their goods and service into fiat.

Did you really just copy paste part of the quote as your post?
atc1-REAL

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:46:55 PM

Adding to this, btc prices are measured only by their market price. So in the present situation, being as volatile as btc is,a merchant would have to have a floating value based on the market instead of a fixed price which makes it much harder for traditional or smaller merchants to accept btc.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 04:26:49 PM

Real life commerce does fuel speculation and demand though. If you could choose between two assets with similar returns and only one of them was easily and instantly exchangeable for goods, you would go with that one. So whether or not vendors use BitPay as a middleman or not is not relevant to the Bitcoin price and its adoption

I don't think you can say that

I mean this is not "real life commerce" by any metric, though it may certainly make you think so since it looks like you really paid with bitcoins for the goods you bought. If anything, it is just a hidden form of speculation. And yes, it does add more fuel to speculation and demand simply because it is speculation in its own right. Further, while I could somewhat agree to your claim that vendors using or not using BitPay as a middleman might not affect prices (though this is debatable but I won't digress), this doesn't add to real adoption anything if that was your point

This dude should certainly get reported and banned

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 04:33:18 PM

Adding to this, btc prices are measured only by their market price. So in the present situation, being as volatile as btc is,a merchant would have to have a floating value based on the market instead of a fixed price which makes it much harder for traditional or smaller merchants to accept btc.

I'm replying to your post since this is in fact my post that got copy-pasted by the dude you replied to

I have explained this issue a few times already. This is a sort of vicious circle or an evil feedback loop (you choose which). The price is volatile (and will remain volatile) because merchants and vendors are not accepting Bitcoin for real, i.e. they don't accept real bitcoins but are looking for fiat only as I made clear in my post, but they are not accepting it because its value fluctuates too much to make any real commerce possible. So we are basically stuck. Personally, I don't know of a viable solution how to break this self-sustaining loop of volatility, but others may have a different view or take on this situation and how to solve it

zergenyt09

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:21:16 PM

Bitcoin has always been dominating the market. After breaking through the $6000 mark I see a brighter days ahead. Even there is a fork Bitcoin will remain dominant.
Since the time bitcoin was introduced to this world, I can only see the graph of bitcoin going up and up most of the times. There are only few occasions when the market price of bitcoin has decreased, but most of the times it was one and only bitcoin having the number 1 ranking amongst all other coins. At present, everyone is talking about bitcoin and it is bitcoin which is grabbing the attention of all of us.

There is no doubt now, that bitcoin is the most emerging and dominant currency of the world. In international market you can easily see and observe that how bitcoin have made its place when there were so many strong currencies like dollar and others. For now, as you said, there is bitcoin spreading all over the world. You can go anywhere and some people must know about bitcoin.
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

Bitcoin is always regaining dominance after whatever FUD is thrown at it. Altcoins and forkcoins will be coming for Bitcoin and so will national currencies so there will be scammers everywhere.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:24:13 PM

Bitcoin is always regaining dominance after whatever FUD is thrown at it. Altcoins and forkcoins will be coming for Bitcoin and so will national currencies so there will be scammers everywhere.

Well nothing actually comes close to bitcoin when it comes to crypro market and it probably will stay thay way for a long time. Though if we put it together with all regular currencies, i don't think bitcoin will fare the same way it does among other cryptos

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
nethan1btc

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 02:45:59 PM

Well nothing actually comes close to bitcoin when it comes to crypro market and it probably will stay thay way for a long time. Though if we put it together with all regular currencies, i don't think bitcoin will fare the same way it does among other cryptos
Indeed bitcoin is now becoming the most dominant cryptocurrency in the market and the altcoins are just going below the bitcoin. It is also a strong indication that the people are now focusing in bitcoin more than the altcoins. If this will continue then we can easily see a 5 digit us dollar price in the market for bitcoin.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:24:30 PM

Real life commerce does fuel speculation and demand though. If you could choose between two assets with similar returns and only one of them was easily and instantly exchangeable for goods, you would go with that one. So whether or not vendors use BitPay as a middleman or not is not relevant to the Bitcoin price and its adoption

I mean this is not "real life commerce" by any metric, though it may certainly make you think so since it looks like you really paid with bitcoins for the goods you bought. If anything, it is just a hidden form of speculation. And yes, it does add more fuel to speculation and demand simply because it is speculation in its own right. Further, while I could somewhat agree to your claim that vendors using or not using BitPay as a middleman might not affect prices (though this is debatable but I won't digress), this doesn't add to real adoption anything if that was your point

I should've worded it a bit differently, as directly accepting Bitcoin would surely accelerate adoption. But just being able to quickly liquidate your assets by "directly" being able to purchase real goods with your assets (even through a middleman) is something that was and is not possible with traditional assets.
Thus a wide spread acceptance of cryptos (even through a middleman) would offer a completely new merit to cryptos as a form of asset that stocks, ETFs, bonds, etc. do not have, since you first have to sell them to be able to use the money for anything. And that can take several days to weeks in some cases.
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:32:37 PM

BTC will always remain on top irrespective of whatever new hard fork it creates or new coins keep coming. It will remain unmoved Only thing that can move will be the tough ask govt of each country will be taking regarding the adoption of bitcoin. If its positive then btc will rise or else it may fall.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:48:37 PM

It has been regaining again I'm happy that the price remained stable even after fork there was a small loss but it was solved quickly bitcoin will always rise we should just hold and wait never sell in a loss that is a always a dumb thing to do always hold even if you are in a loss
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1497

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2017, 04:15:43 PM

I should've worded it a bit differently, as directly accepting Bitcoin would surely accelerate adoption. But just being able to quickly liquidate your assets by "directly" being able to purchase real goods with your assets (even through a middleman) is something that was and is not possible with traditional assets.
Thus a wide spread acceptance of cryptos (even through a middleman) would offer a completely new merit to cryptos as a form of asset that stocks, ETFs, bonds, etc. do not have, since you first have to sell them to be able to use the money for anything. And that can take several days to weeks in some cases.

I think the problem nowadays are commissions. I have only been into bitcoin a couple of moths but when I get information about the past years I see that commissions were pretty insignificant whereas nowadays I can pay a 0,70€ coffee with my mobile and if I had to pay it with bitcoin I would have to pay a commission, not so insignificant in terms of percentage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if bitcoin is used just for big transactions in the future and as a store of value, but it coexists with another alt for small transactions.

Berk

Activity: 99
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

Bitcoin has never lost it's dominance. It's always been the most worth while cryptocurrency and always had the most valued. Many alt coins I think there is 1000 alt coins now listed on coinmarket and they are all directly competing with Bitcoin but none of even close to the value of Bitcoin
terbetet

Activity: 240
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:22:08 PM

Apart from reaching a new ATH, bitcoin is also regaining dominance vs other alts. It was halved between March and June and bitcoin has been slowly regaining it but lately seems to have received a boost.

Source: (https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage)

Any ideas about why this is happening?

This regaining of dominance of bitcoin was just an implication that despite of many happenings and issues that bitcoin have faced on the past few months, days or weeks that bring it into dump like what just happened on the banning of bitcoin exchanges of China that has a great impact on the bitcoin price. After all that have happen, bitcoin have proven itself that no matter what happen, still bitcoin can regain its loss and show that it is capable of putting its price on its peak.

usekevin

Activity: 2198
Merit: 554

Highly Trusted|Most efficient Manager| yahoo62278

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:35:38 PM

It has been regaining again I'm happy that the price remained stable even after fork there was a small loss but it was solved quickly bitcoin will always rise we should just hold and wait never sell in a loss that is a always a dumb thing to do always hold even if you are in a loss

Now Bitcoin make a root to get into the Deep.Slowly the price of bitcoin gain is stability. Now it was stable at the value of 5700$.After the Fork the price will get stable at this price or 5500$.Not less then a 5000$,the value of bitcoin will decrease.Bitcoin is the King of all the Altcoin and Shine like a Star every day.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:37:18 PM

I believe that the main reason was that altcoins who went up really fast (like stratis who went about x100 in a month or so..) entered into a bubble, so the bubble was starting to explode once bitcoin has started to reach new all times high.

People started to sell off their alts to get back into bitcoins( because bitcoin went up, so they wanted to earn the price increase), it made the altcoins bubble explode, and I believe that most of them will never get back to the level they were when bitcoin was trading for about 2K$.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 04:48:07 PM

I think the problem nowadays are commissions. I have only been into bitcoin a couple of moths but when I get information about the past years I see that commissions were pretty insignificant whereas nowadays I can pay a 0,70€ coffee with my mobile and if I had to pay it with bitcoin I would have to pay a commission, not so insignificant in terms of percentage.

I wouldn’t be surprised if bitcoin is used just for big transactions in the future and as a store of value, but it coexists with another alt for small transactions.

Yeah, that's what bothers me about Bitcoin as well. The high transaction fees. I used to order pizza and other food online regularly, but now the fees are about $4 per order... which is 25-50% of a meal. Hopefully a few forks will resolve this issue.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 05:04:38 PM

Yeah, it's true that Bitcoin has come back strongly and day by day it is gaining its dominance in the digital currency platform. When the price of Bitcoin went down then many of us though that Bitcoin is terminating by itself but the scenario has been completely changed and Bitcoin has back strongly and regain to its field.
Not only that but also Bitcoin is becoming the most valuable currency in the digital monetary system.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: