Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:30:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin regaining dominance.  (Read 4996 times)
akuser

Activity: 526
Merit: 100

markaccy.io

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 10:30:29 AM

this year bitcoin price bumped a lot it is first time see coin rise more than 700% in one year so hope to keep rise
There is a possibility of falling back and bitcoin remains an option. we see next year whether there is a miracle and BTC will come back.
I prefer stable bitcoin and altcoin will have power. Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1473

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 11:51:56 AM

Update: bitcoin has been losing dominance, mainly vs bitcoin cash:

A bit over 5% and some people commenting recently seem to not have realized. There are some gains in dominance but from all the rest of small alts together, nothing very significant. What is significant is Bitcoin Cash spike as there are many debates on wether it will become the real Bitcoin or it is just another case of pump and dump.

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:03:20 PM

A bit over 5% and some people commenting recently seem to not have realized. There are some gains in dominance but from all the rest of small alts together, nothing very significant. What is significant is Bitcoin Cash spike as there are many debates on wether it will become the real Bitcoin or it is just another case of pump and dump.
Bitcoin Cash is just a shady fork by Bitmain that is trying to play central bank and protect its ASIC business. Complete waste of resources. Hopefully the new crypto investors will actually understand what Bitcoin is about and realize that Bitcoin Cash is the opposite of what Bitcoin should be and move away from it.
Kita Kita

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:09:48 PM

this year bitcoin price bumped a lot it is first time see coin rise more than 700% in one year so hope to keep rise
I dont see as of now that bitcoin is regaining dominance but in sure bitcoin will regain their dominance in the next month or maybe on next year, lets just trust the bitcoin and wait until it became more powerful cryptocurrency, i think the value of will increase and it will be stable in the next month.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

Bitcoin Cash is just a shady fork by Bitmain that is trying to play central bank and protect its ASIC business. Complete waste of resources. Hopefully the new crypto investors will actually understand what Bitcoin is about and realize that Bitcoin Cash is the opposite of what Bitcoin should be and move away from it.

But how is the original Bitcoin different?

If it is the same ASIC mined coin like Bitcoin Cash? As for myself, there is no real difference between these two Bitcoins in this regard. Any miner which mines one Bitcoin can mine the other. Yes, SegWit has made some "adjustments" no longer possible (if I'm not mistaken), but is it the only or main reason behind the creation of Bitcoin Cash? I think the game is much more intricate, complex and convoluted than that. Right now Bitcoin is controlled (if I can say so) by the Bitcoin Core team which do not belong to the world of miners. This is surely not what big-time miners are quite happy with, and changing that seems to be their higher cause. In a nutshell, it is a struggle for control over Bitcoin (under whatever name)

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:02:43 PM

But how is the original Bitcoin different?

If it is the same ASIC mined coin like Bitcoin Cash? As for myself, there is no real difference between these two Bitcoins in this regard. Any miner which mines one Bitcoin can mine the other. Yes, SegWit has made some "adjustments" no longer possible (if I'm not mistaken), but is it the only or main reason behind the creation of Bitcoin Cash? I think the game is much more intricate, complex and convoluted than that. Right now Bitcoin is controlled (if I can say so) by the Bitcoin Core team which do not belong to the world of miners. This is surely not what big-time miners are quite happy with, and changing that seems to be their higher cause. In a nutshell, it is a struggle for control over Bitcoin (under whatever name)
The Bitcoin Cash team is actually looking into implementing a much "quicker" adjustment times of the network difficulty.
At least officially it's under the guise of making it easier for miners to adapt so they can earn more profits. But in reality it's a fact that their team controls around 60% of the hashrate, so all that does is give them much more flexibility in manipulating the network to their will.

It's also very strange that one of the biggest promoters of Bitcoin Cash, Jihan Wu, would act in favour of blocking the SegWit2x fork, which was immediately followed by a pump of the Bitcoin Cash value. I highly doubt the timing was a coincidence and if you consider the fact that these individuals control a very large amount of both currencies it would not come as a surprise if they flipped their own BTC/BCH to start a FOMO pump.

While Bitcoin is definitely quite centralized, mostly due to the fact that China and the US jumped in first with a massive headstart, I don't want to have anything to do with the shady behind the scenes kind of bullshit that Jihan and his goons are pulling off and I'm hoping that new competitors like GMO in Japan and some others will actually bring some fairness back into the scene.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 11:18:48 AM

It's also very strange that one of the biggest promoters of Bitcoin Cash, Jihan Wu, would act in favour of blocking the SegWit2x fork, which was immediately followed by a pump of the Bitcoin Cash value. I highly doubt the timing was a coincidence and if you consider the fact that these individuals control a very large amount of both currencies it would not come as a surprise if they flipped their own BTC/BCH to start a FOMO pump

And what is strange in his actions?

As to me, it is strange that he first decided to support the SegWit2x fork at all, not that he later withdrew his hand (when it became clear that SegWit2x would fall right on its face). Indeed, if he resisted the SegWit2x proposal outright that would likely make him into a black sheep among the mining community and Bitcoin corporate dudes. On the other hand, that might all have been planned right from the start. I don't mean SegWit2x cancellation, of course, but rather using Bitcoin Cash as a sort of backup plan (and creating it beforehand). If SegWit2x didn't fail, we would likely have seen a lot more action and tension in Bitcoin after the hard fork release on November, 16th. What we see today seems to be a lite version of what we might have seen if the SegWit2x conspiracy hadn't failed as it did

BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:05:11 PM

It's also very strange that one of the biggest promoters of Bitcoin Cash, Jihan Wu, would act in favour of blocking the SegWit2x fork, which was immediately followed by a pump of the Bitcoin Cash value. I highly doubt the timing was a coincidence and if you consider the fact that these individuals control a very large amount of both currencies it would not come as a surprise if they flipped their own BTC/BCH to start a FOMO pump

As to me, it is strange that he first decided to support the SegWit2x fork at all, not that he later withdrew his hand (when it became clear that SegWit2x would fall right on its face). Indeed, if he resisted the SegWit2x proposal outright that would likely make him into a black sheep among the mining community and Bitcoin corporate dudes. On the other hand, that might all have been planned right from the start. I don't mean SegWit2x cancellation, of course, but rather using Bitcoin Cash as a sort of backup plan (and creating it beforehand). If SegWit2x didn't fail, we would likely have seen a lot more action and tension in Bitcoin after the hard fork release on November, 16th. What we see today seems to be a lite version of what we might have seen if the SegWit2x conspiracy hadn't failed as it did
It's not really strange, I just didn't want to outright state that he almost certainly planned this whole fiasco well ahead in time to gain control over Bitcoin. I don't think that the timing of the BCH pump was a coincidence and I don't think that he was for SegWit2x and then just randomly decided to vote against SegWit2x down the road for any reason other than attacking Bitcoin Core.

I'll at least give them credit for orchestrating such a large scale attack. It was quite the performance. But I still hope that they will fail miserably in the end.
shark69

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:21:22 AM

I think bitcoin gets dominance again in the world community, after several times falling and worse by some citizens of the world.
 but also many countries that prohibit the existence of bitcoin. I do not know why it is banned, maybe it's a government rule that must be run
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 06:22:01 AM

I think bitcoin gets dominance again in the world community, after several times falling and worse by some citizens of the world.
 but also many countries that prohibit the existence of bitcoin. I do not know why it is banned, maybe it's a government rule that must be run
Bitcoin is being banned in some of the countries because they thought that bitcoin is not a real opportunity and they are just thinking that because bitcoin is being used in the black market then bitcoin is already a bad cryptocurrency but they didn't know that if they will accept bitcoin to their country, it will bring more possibilities for sure.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:22:13 AM

I think Bitcoin never did go down or being surpassed by any other Altcoins. Most of these Altcoins are up for a show that they didn't even last longer while Bitcoin is not doing anything. These random Altcoins are keep on showing but never last longer, they were just like a corrupt politicians that keeps on promising but aren't doing anything after they win. Yet, Bitcoin might go down for a week but no Altcoins would ever gonna surpass its price i guess.
Agree with you mate even though bitcoins price goes down no altcoins have surpass its price,yesterday the price of bitcoin is $5349+ if im not mistaken and it is still leading from etherium and now seeing the market cap it pumps to $6300+ so theres always be a big capability that it will reach higher even if there were lots of speculations that it would be replace by any other cryptocurrencies.Its price movements is very volatile  and it regain dominance in the world of crypto.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:28:52 AM

Bitcoin has been performing for the past few months and years since it was created and launch in the public. It's dominance is again boosting from the other alternative coins because bitcoin has been credible to the masses more than ever. Also the mass is accepting bitcoin in different countries for their transactions like in Japan. Though bitcoin was banned to other countries, this crypto currency is fighting well because of the users who continuously believe in it.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:50:09 AM

For now bitcoin drops little bit high,but not lower than what he had when he starts regaining and i do believe in a couple of weeks bitcoin price will come up again.he drops more than 1k usd for just couple of days and it brings panic to those user that has no big faith on btc.and to those user that needs easy money.so lets just pray for another btc recovery
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:43:21 AM

For now bitcoin drops little bit high,but not lower than what he had when he starts regaining and i do believe in a couple of weeks bitcoin price will come up again.he drops more than 1k usd for just couple of days and it brings panic to those user that has no big faith on btc.and to those user that needs easy money.so lets just pray for another btc recovery

Exactly, it has become a norm  for bitcoin now because it almost always rises back up to regain its previous value faster and even greater any time it tumbles in value and i'm the least surprised it has started regaining its value back up.
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:04:40 PM

This will go untill BTC reaches its 3rd wave peak, afterwards BTC will begin to fall and alts will regain the momentum IMO
If you talk about the development and importance of bitcoin then yes it is developing and gaining dominance day by day and if bitcoin reaches to the top in progress than it can't fall back easily but is nearly impossible for it to fall. According to my point of view it can maintain its position on the top and can't fall down as that easy as you think about bitcoin.
If we look at the graph of bitcoin since the time it was introduced to this world, then we’ll get to know this thing that bitcoin is continuously gaining more reputation with each passing second. The market price of bitcoin does actually effect the reputation but that effect is only for the short term. There are people who are investing in bitcoin and they are very much satisfied with what all they are getting in return.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:23:23 PM

There is a possibility of falling back and bitcoin remains an option. we see next year whether there is a miracle and BTC will come back.
I prefer stable bitcoin and altcoin will have power. Cool
Unfortunately, we cannot always have it stable every time and it is so crazy that it dominates the market completely. Definitely, altcoins always have a time to do well and for traders to make good profit at this moment, but there is a lot surrounding bitcoin at the moment that can make bitcoin either soar higher or correct hugely.
It is just best to always find the perfect timing and then make very good use of them.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:35:59 PM

agree, after falling to about $5K a few days ago makes the weak hand do panic selling as usual. while people who are optimistic about bitcoin see it as an opportunity to buy more. I'm sure btc will not pass this november without new ath. Because when the price slides, the volume are keep rising. It means that more people are buying it, while its cheap.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 12:49:20 PM

agree, after falling to about $5K a few days ago makes the weak hand do panic selling as usual. while people who are optimistic about bitcoin see it as an opportunity to buy more. I'm sure btc will not pass this november without new ath. Because when the price slides, the volume are keep rising. It means that more people are buying it, while its cheap.

I think it depends also on how bch fares if btc will again hit another ath this november. I don't think that's going to happen though. We'll probably get closer to that 7k mark or a little beyond it but not another ath

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
zergenyt09

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 01:10:28 PM

Well if we compare it to the latest charts of a few years ago we can make a conclusion that the price can really drop a lot right now it if needs to happen.
But we can not compare those charts to ATM charts, because it is insane, right now all the market is manipulated by the whales and all the people who is investing some money on bitcoin, it can only drop if there is a terrorific notice about bitcoin in some country, only if it creates fud over the market.
But it really needs to drop a litttle before the bubble explodes.

The markets have changed drastically, so comparing to the past is probably not a great idea. Either way, rather than "manipulation" we're just seeing normal market movements in a very volatile environment with an overall upwards trend.
Exactly the market has changed a lot during the past couple of years and comparing the current scenario with the past is not good. The manipulation effect of whales over the price has decreased now due to the growing community circle and we have seen a remarkable shift of investment from alts to BTC and that's the reason why BTC is rapidly growing and regaining the dominance as the OP stated.
It is some best ComNet I have read today. The circle of people who are trading and investing in bitcoin is growing and this have made an incredible effect of whales and international market. Like few months ago, there were the influences of all ruby whales in the market that they can control the market but now with increase in person using bitcoin, they have lost their much affect.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 01:35:45 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2017, 03:41:01 PM by deisik

It's not really strange, I just didn't want to outright state that he almost certainly planned this whole fiasco well ahead in time to gain control over Bitcoin. I don't think that the timing of the BCH pump was a coincidence and I don't think that he was for SegWit2x and then just randomly decided to vote against SegWit2x down the road for any reason other than attacking Bitcoin Core.

I'll at least give them credit for orchestrating such a large scale attack. It was quite the performance. But I still hope that they will fail miserably in the end.

It is easy to be wise after the event

But it was not certain at first that SegWit2x would fail as it did (in fact, some dudes are still going to run it despite it being a complete fiasco). So I can't actually say that Jihan and his minions had planned all this in advance. I'm more inclined to think (as I have already said) that Bitcoin Cash was actually a plan B but it turned out that it shot SegWit2x right in the eye. Basically, it was planned (as I see it) that it would compete with the regular Bitcoin while in fact it undermined and ultimately ruined the whole SegWit2x initiative

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: