Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:34:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which one to chose bitcoin.com pool or genesis-mining.com pool ?  (Read 1326 times)
ahmed2017 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 05:51:19 PM

Hi,

I want to know which one will stay in business and online for longer.

bitcoin.com pool or genesis-mining.com pool

bitcoin.com pool is recommended by blockchain.info but what about genesis-mining.com ?

genesis mining has little greater profit where as bitcoin.com pool has little less profit.

Please recommend me i am going to finalize with expert opinion on getting profit by investing my money.

Ahmed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 1808

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:26:56 AM

Genesis was the one who withheld blocks on Slush's pool in Dec-2015

Statistics clearly show the withhold occurred.
Slush, the oldest Bitcoin pool, clearly had no idea about checking this problem, even years after running the pool, until he was told about it by others.

Genesis tested their 'new' system on the live Slush pool and thus made the Slush miners pay for Genesis' failed testing.
Genesis also didn't bother to keep track of their testing and statistics suggests that they lost in excess of 20 blocks when blocks where 25 BTC, so in excess of 500 BTC
Slush hid these details and let them off the hook, and the rest of the miners on Slush paid for this 500BTC or so of testing.

I'd suggest you avoid Genesis (and Slush) like the plague.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
ahmed2017 (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 08:03:59 AM

gotch ya i am going with bitcoin.com pool just need to have funds.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 01:40:37 PM

Hi,

I want to know which one will stay in business and online for longer.

bitcoin.com pool or genesis-mining.com pool

bitcoin.com pool is recommended by blockchain.info but what about genesis-mining.com ?

genesis mining has little greater profit where as bitcoin.com pool has little less profit.

Please recommend me i am going to finalize with expert opinion on getting profit by investing my money.

Ahmed.

I have looked into both and decided to go with Bitcoin.com Do your math though, some contracts dont have a lot of profit.
faanigee

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:09:55 PM

Genesis was the one who withheld blocks on Slush's pool in Dec-2015

Statistics clearly show the withhold occurred.
Slush, the oldest Bitcoin pool, clearly had no idea about checking this problem, even years after running the pool, until he was told about it by others.

Genesis tested their 'new' system on the live Slush pool and thus made the Slush miners pay for Genesis' failed testing.
Genesis also didn't bother to keep track of their testing and statistics suggests that they lost in excess of 20 blocks when blocks where 25 BTC, so in excess of 500 BTC
Slush hid these details and let them off the hook, and the rest of the miners on Slush paid for this 500BTC or so of testing.

I'd suggest you avoid Genesis (and Slush) like the plague.

Don't confuse. Just go with bitcoin pool not with slush,  genesis or other...!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: