Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:45:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: History Repeats: How to "Change History" instead of a (BTC) "Crap Fork 2018...  (Read 273 times)
sock_info.doNOT.send.$ (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 07:55:02 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 05:43:16 PM by sock_info.doNOT.send.$

:: Title much more clear: How To "Change History" and incentivize stopping endless "bags of poop"?

these current new fork types are also the same. they are going to be around for a while and then go away and become a page in the history books. some of them won't even make the page.

Many replies were great, thank you. I am quoting this one for a reason.
Some of them won't even make the page...

Thank you for patience, everyone.

We still would be stuck in "dirty history loop" and experience the same crap cycle all over again with some different details.
Please (someone) try to "write code" (first) with IDEAS not computer code.
^^^
What could in theory (in a free-market / with INCENTIVES), stop the trend of endless crap, by providing a motivation to do better and earn big profits in a new way? Hint: Close the loop, incentives to create better long term value, instead of endless "bags of poop"?

Yes. Just like it survived the other 1000 Altcoins.

How to incentivize a (almost) complete stop of having to "live through" 1000 forks.
>>> People free to try but, the masses get something better?
:: Condemned to repeat again, or new path, how?

(First Title not clear enough) Can Bitcoin (BTC) survive an 'Industry Standard' amount of crappy forks?
Answer = Yes at the network level  //

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
requitix

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Trusted Token & Confidence System.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 08:16:53 PM

Yes, I do believe it can. BTC was first and will be first. Will always have love for BTC!
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2147

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:36:06 PM

Some people see it as Free Money, how many forks can we have, will Bitcoin turn out to be like 10,000 crapcoins = endless forks?

Can Bitcoin (BTC) survive an 'Industry Standard' amount of crappy forks?
(I did not intend for this to be an altcoin thread, asking about BTC)
Sorry, I speak a bit wrong sometimes. Endless altcoins > endless tokens > what about 500 hard forks?
At that point if BTC is on top, then the top is much lower? A huge Global ponzi, not a ponzi but it really is?
#confusing

Around August 1st many mainstream and crypto journalists were saying that Bitcoin will split in two and that its value will be divided between two chains. However, it turned out that it's not how it works, because investors usually don't sell BTC to buy a new fork - they do it with their BTC so it didn't cause any direct damage to Bitcoin's price. It's also not true that forks drive new investors away from Bitcoin - forks are altcoins so they compete with other altcoins. So, on economical level forks on their own don't posses any major threat. On a technical level, Bitcoin protocol was designed to withstand any attacks, so if you are running a full node any fork is just invalid chain and can't harm you. There may be some problems if you run online or SPV wallets, but they are not part of Bitcoin's original design,  so users should use them at their own risk.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:52:43 PM

Yes, I do believe it can. BTC was first and will be first. Will always have love for BTC!

I agree with this sentiment but perhaps that is because I too think the first mover advantage is too overwhelm to overcome here. The new bitcoins that get made out of forks might be fun for a month or two but beyond that

I dont see them having any value. I wont go as far as saying there wont be damage to the bitcoin name because I too hate the amount of forks that are happening and do also think it is dragging bitcoins name through mud.

However, I also think that it is nothing that bitcoin cant undo as shown with huge surges up after tons of FUD hit bitcoins way this year. I can recall 3 events that tested bitcoin but yet it has to die and those are

1) Denial of EFT in March 2017
2) Hardfork of BTC in August 2017
3) China FUD and withdrawal in September 2017

More events like this will continue to occur but I again think they will only be corrections in an otherwise unstoppable BTC run. Where it ends though I have no idea and that is the fun of it!  Smiley

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:37:01 PM

So sorry, I was not clear enough > History Repeats > Endless altcoins > endless tokens > what about 500 Bitcoin_Sh^t Hard Forks?
^^^
What could in theory (in a free-market / with INCENTIVES), how would you stop the trend of endless crap, by providing a motivation to do better and earn big profits?
949miner

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:41:16 PM

You are talking like a hater of bitcoin, and you are trying to spread fud all over this forum in order to create some panic over it, have you noticed that the price has only being going up in the last few days because of bitcoin gold fork? that is why it went from $4,50k to $6,20k in less than a month, and you should think about it before creating a new thread.
Also it happened on august, the price was $2300 and it grow to $3300 in just three days, that is insane.
So yes, it will surive and keep going up because of this kind of "crappy" forks.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-      
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_  
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██  
  ▐██▌                      
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 11:49:42 PM

You are talking like a hater of bitcoin, and you are trying to spread fud all over this forum in order to create some panic over it, have you noticed that the price has only being going up in the last few days because of bitcoin gold fork? that is why it went from $4,50k to $6,20k in less than a month, and you should think about it before creating a new thread.
Also it happened on august, the price was $2300 and it grow to $3300 in just three days, that is insane.
So yes, it will surive and keep going up because of this kind of "crappy" forks.

I be askin honest question, do you want me to report you to mods?
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:57:45 AM

there are 1185 coins listed on https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/ there are at least 1000 more altcoins that are currently dead and got delisted because they no longer exist in reality. do you think all these thousands of altcoins did anything to anything?!
no they just came and went. no effect on bitcoin, nothing on altcoins, zilch!

these current new fork types are also the same. they are going to be around for a while and then go away and become a page in the history books. some of them won't even make the page.

Only Bitcoin
elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:05:59 AM

Forks are needed to better the technology. If they are 'crappy' then they will fail and no one will follow that fork. Which means we haven't lost anything. Forks are good things.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:33:43 AM

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 05:42:15 PM

:: Title much more clear: How To "Change History" and incentivize stopping endless "bags of poop"?

Many replies were great, thank you. I am quoting this one for a reason.
Some of them won't even make the page...

Thank you for patience, everyone.

We still would be stuck in "dirty history loop" and experience the same crap cycle all over again with some different details.
Please (someone) try to "write code" (first) with IDEAS not computer code.
^^^
What could in theory (in a free-market / with INCENTIVES), stop the trend of endless crap, by providing a motivation to do better and earn big profits in a new way? Hint: Close the loop, incentives to create better long term value, instead of endless "bags of poop"?

How to incentivize a (almost) complete stop of having to "live through" 1000 forks.
>>> People free to try but, the masses get something better?
:: Condemned to repeat again, or new path, how?

(First Title not clear enough) Can Bitcoin (BTC) survive an 'Industry Standard' amount of crappy forks?
Answer = Yes at the network level  //

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: