Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 10:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how mobile devices cripple web viewing  (Read 427 times)
kellrobinson (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:15:48 AM

When I'm using my Nexus 7 to surf the web I always click request desktop site so I can see the full web page instead of the crippled mobile version.  I ran into a problem with bitcoin.org when I went to the "choose a wallet" page.  Even though I chose to view the desktop site, the browser (Chrome) doesn't show the page with all the wallets (several each of hardware wallets, mobile wallets, and web wallets) along with descriptions.  Just a little text with links to two wallets.
How does a person get around the crippling of mobile sites?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 01:26:53 AM

When I'm using my Nexus 7 to surf the web I always click request desktop site so I can see the full web page instead of the crippled mobile version.  I ran into a problem with bitcoin.org when I went to the "choose a wallet" page.  Even though I chose to view the desktop site, the browser (Chrome) doesn't show the page with all the wallets (several each of hardware wallets, mobile wallets, and web wallets) along with descriptions.  Just a little text with links to two wallets.
How does a person get around the crippling of mobile sites?

Contact the admin of the site. All it'll need is to have installed a simple plugin.
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4494
Merit: 3180

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:15:19 AM

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2612

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:06:49 AM

This completely illustrates the situation.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: