Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Its alive!! Any tweaks?  (Read 343 times)
flip4flop (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:39:04 AM

Well after putting this together after two day I got to turn it on tonight.  Although in a freak accident my daughter knocked a closet door loose that fell into my cards and knocked them over and out of their risers.  Terrifying moment but everything survived.  Checked everything and benchmarked all cards to ensure they were properly working.  2 hours into mining and going strong.  I think I ave everything covered

4x 1070 MSI Gaming getting between 1835-1859 sol/S

All cards running at 60 C or less except one I cant get to go below 65 stays below 69 thought

Settings
70% Power
+100 core
+300 memory
 Fans between 85 for 3 cards and 100 on my hottest card.

Rig set up modified old computer case

https://imgur.com/a/GwLmn

Anything else I should adjust right now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
makomako

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

altcom Aa4DWXQjrcEA8gPBLkx6t9VgCuWoCo1myE

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

if you can add more space between the GPU that would be great and don't run your fans at 100% it'll die pretty fast Smiley

joshuajones02

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:49:35 AM

Congrats! if heat becomes an issue, I did this, you can get individual aluminum racks for like 20 dollars each (the small ones)... the cards dropped 5-8 C without any changes (they were in an open air case close together)

https://imgur.com/a/zaETe

| World Fintech Startups | Microsoft Azure Partner | $1,5 M Raised During pre-ICO |
     BANKEX - Proof-of-Asset Protocol     
| WHITE PAPER | BLOGSLACKTELEGRAMBITCOINTALKGITHUBTWITTERYOUTUBEFACEBOOK |☰
flip4flop (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:52:27 AM

Thanks for the frame suggestion. Where did you buy that frame?  Hanging then seems like. A good way to take pressure of the risers as well. Going to point an extra fan at them and crack a window to try and help vent. It’s just one card that’s running higher than I would like around 65-69
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 02:56:08 AM

Thanks for the frame suggestion. Where did you buy that frame?  

eBay is your best friend Wink

or just goggle : wire shelving

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:13:34 AM

One of my rigs is almost exactly the same as yours except I'm using Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070's. I have another rig which is 5 x 1060 6GB GPUs but I think the 1070 is the sweet spot for hash-rate vs. price.

While the Zencash price was high I was running them a bit higher than 70% power but now it's dropped again so I have switched over to Vertcoin, because Nvidia cards are great at Lyra2v2 algorithm and you can easily run your own Vertcoin P2Pool node, so I also have other people mining via my node and I charge them a very small percentage. If you look at coinmarketcap.com Vertcoin has had a pretty consistent rise in price over the last year, tracking closely with bitcoin - but one of Vertcoins big tenets is that they want their coin to always be proper distributed mining and ASIC resistant - so always minable by average people with GPUs like us -  which I think is something cool so I support it as much as I can. Even when Vertcoin's price is lower than others, it's the only one that I mine where I actually get the reward that is predicted by whattomine.com - because I can have my own pool node so I don't lose hash-rate to latency by sending the work to a pool in another country. I live in Australia so I am usually on servers in Asia if I'm not mining Vertcoin.

If you are happy with equihash at the moment you may as well just point it all to Nicehash because they are paying OK and all the equihash coin prices are fluctuating all over the place.

I agree with @makomako that your cards are very close together - if you don't want to change anything it would help to run a couple of 80mm fans or one 140mm fan blowing air between the cards. I also agree that running fans at 100% isn't sustainable - GPU fans are (I think) chosen on the basis of being able to run at an average of about 60% all the time and you will probably find that the temperature difference between 70% and 100% isn't huge.

I like that idea from @joshuajones02 - I don't think I've seen a rig with hanging cards before.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
flip4flop (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:34:20 AM

One of my rigs is almost exactly the same as yours except I'm using Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070's. I have another rig which is 5 x 1060 6GB GPUs but I think the 1070 is the sweet spot for hash-rate vs. price.

While the Zencash price was high I was running them a bit higher than 70% power but now it's dropped again so I have switched over to Vertcoin, because Nvidia cards are great at Lyra2v2 algorithm and you can easily run your own Vertcoin P2Pool node, so I also have other people mining via my node and I charge them a very small percentage. If you look at coinmarketcap.com Vertcoin has had a pretty consistent rise in price over the last year, tracking closely with bitcoin - but one of Vertcoins big tenets is that they want their coin to always be proper distributed mining and ASIC resistant - so always minable by average people with GPUs like us -  which I think is something cool so I support it as much as I can. Even when Vertcoin's price is lower than others, it's the only one that I mine where I actually get the reward that is predicted by whattomine.com - because I can have my own pool node so I don't lose hash-rate to latency by sending the work to a pool in another country. I live in Australia so I am usually on servers in Asia if I'm not mining Vertcoin.

If you are happy with equihash at the moment you may as well just point it all to Nicehash because they are paying OK and all the equihash coin prices are fluctuating all over the place.

I agree with @makomako that your cards are very close together - if you don't want to change anything it would help to run a couple of 80mm fans or one 140mm fan blowing air between the cards. I also agree that running fans at 100% isn't sustainable - GPU fans are (I think) chosen on the basis of being able to run at an average of about 60% all the time and you will probably find that the temperature difference between 70% and 100% isn't huge.

I like that idea from @joshuajones02 - I don't think I've seen a rig with hanging cards before.

Thanks! I’m loving this so far. I’ll probably stick with ZEC for now to avoid the nicehash fees while i figure out the best settings to run to get the best profit margin. I like the hanging idea and may explore that very soon. I may remove the middle card for now if the heat thing didn’t fix itself. I’ll try pointing a fan at it tonight and see how it works
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:03:44 AM

Well after putting this together after two day I got to turn it on tonight.  Although in a freak accident my daughter knocked a closet door loose that fell into my cards and knocked them over and out of their risers.  Terrifying moment but everything survived.  Checked everything and benchmarked all cards to ensure they were properly working.  2 hours into mining and going strong.  I think I ave everything covered

4x 1070 MSI Gaming getting between 1835-1859 sol/S

All cards running at 60 C or less except one I cant get to go below 65 stays below 69 thought

Settings
70% Power
+100 core
+300 memory
 Fans between 85 for 3 cards and 100 on my hottest card.

Rig set up modified old computer case

https://imgur.com/a/GwLmn

Anything else I should adjust right now?

It reminds me of my first mining rig builds, you may check this out for much easy DIY open rig frames.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04YjRFUc7fY

by the way, Congrats for surviving such incident
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: