Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinGold is a Scam!?! Carefull with Your Bitcoin Private Keys!!!  (Read 1388 times)
Chandu141 (OP)

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

You will lose your bitcoins because you don't seem to be a very bright individual, as you have demonstrated by entering your private keys in some website.

I don't care from where that website is coming from. Even if it comes from the BGold twitter, and assuming BGold team is legit, their twitter could have been compromised to post a phishing website.

When it comes to claiming keys in forked chains, downloading the full node client is the only "safe" way to do it, assuming all forksoftware could potentially be a scam.

Im not touching BGold until the main node software has been audited, then I will just dump it, if the price is high enough, if not, I will not even bother.

just trying to make awareness about the BCG scam .... i took precautions .. i encrypted before entering my private keys on that website which i  got from BCG twitter account.. hope people be cautious from this shitty BCG scam..

and yes, we all together in dumping the forks.. we dumped BCH and will dump BCG and any future coin that is forked in future,,.... Long live BTC and BCT  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:08:43 PM

There is no electrum wallet for BCG and the website asking people to enter thevBTC private keys directly onto their website to open an account or wallet of BCG  Huh

you know, creating a website very easy. i can create one right now called "claimbitcoingold-verylegit.com" right now.

will you enter your private keys there also?

the bitcoin gold "website" is called btcgpu.org and i can not see any section there that is for you to "enter your private key".

a dozen other impostors exist out there though!

There is a FOMO brewing...
Chandu141 (OP)

Activity: 385
Merit: 251

Your Campaign Manager!

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:11:26 PM

There is no electrum wallet for BCG and the website asking people to enter thevBTC private keys directly onto their website to open an account or wallet of BCG  Huh

you know, creating a website very easy. i can create one right now called "claimbitcoingold-verylegit.com" right now.

will you enter your private keys there also?

the bitcoin gold "website" is called btcgpu.org and i can not see any section there that is for you to "enter your private key".

a dozen other impostors exist out there though!

yes i just googled again .. plenty results about claiming bitcoin gold  Shocked  i would say people should ignore BCG.. well, BCH/BCC had a better platform btu this BCG is super shit,..

The BCG  scam site https://claimbitcoin.gold/

pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 04:13:35 PM

hardfork at 25th october, so dont entered your private key before bitcoin hardfork. maybe some one can use your wallet after you put keys. if you have balance, move to other wallet, if you want btcgold, you can go to market whos accepted btcgold

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:13:59 PM

I think you need to be more careful. You should transfer all Bitcoin to a completely new wallet to avoid being unluckily stolen. Hardfork has not yet come to light, there is still no clear information about getting Bitcoin Gold for free, which is obviously a scam to steal Bitcoin Gold, and they can even take over Bitcoin of you. This is not the official website of Bitcoin Gold, you should only hear the information from their official website. Before the hardfork occur, keep the private key and the security information associated with your Bitcoin wallet
TrendVest

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:48:05 AM

Hello. What a price of BTG will be at Bittrex?
deadsilent

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:16:18 AM

You should transfer your BTC private keys before it's too late. This is not a legit one mate. I made a research about that site. I found that this is based on US but the real location is hidden. https://www.scamadviser.com/is-claimbitcoin.gold-a-fake-site.html

Be careful with your private keys. Don't believe on everything you see in the internet. Read very carefully the do's and dont's when receiving BTG. The site is obviously a scam. Just only use an exchange that supports the fork

Hello. What a price of BTG will be at Bittrex?

I don't they are going to accept Bitcoin gold.

Bittrex noted that Bitcoin Gold does not meet the necessary requirements to be listed on its exchange. They also pointed out that taking a snapshot of user balances is extremely disruptive and they will have to suspend all deposits and withdrawals 24 hours before the snapshot is taken.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bittrex-issues-official-statement-about-bitcoin-gold-warns-users
Vendetta666

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:50:06 AM

hello friends,

The BCG scam site https://claimbitcoin.gold/

people are still not understanding about BCC and yet another BCG is trying to scam people's BTC..

i am just sharing my perceptions and raising doubts...

As per my knowledge BCC (Bitcoin Cash) is worth trusting to claim the free coins and sell them for a quick buck but what about the BCG (Bitcoin Gold) ?

There is no electrum wallet for BCG and the website asking people to enter thevBTC private keys directly onto their website to open an account or wallet of BCG  Huh

well i tried to enter my BTC private keys (encrypted) but guess what i only see one error message as shown below ..

so friends, after entering all my BTC privatekeys , i see only one message as shown above..

if anyone tried and claimed BCG Huh? not sure.. if not don't even think about it because i feel that this site is trying to collect everyone's BCG  Tongue
It is better to read first before you speak. Bitcoin gold is a free coins you can receive when you hold a BTC. it will automatically receive you once the hard fork is complete. You should still be happy because you will have free money here. And yet you do not need to have private keys in your wallet to receive your BTG. All you need to do is to hold in the supporting wallet and wait after the hard forkdond.
limopc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:06:04 AM

Maybe someone can explain how their website https://btcgpu.org currently inaccessible, 403, forbidden!

Is there really abitcoingold currency, is there a blockchain for it that really exists?

Some concrete evidence and explanations please.
newmitnick

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:18:09 AM

hello,

They said in their twitter that there is a DDOS attack in btg website

https://twitter.com/bitcoingold/status/922742024306151424
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:31:16 AM

Maybe someone can explain how their website https://btcgpu.org currently inaccessible, 403, forbidden!

Is there really abitcoingold currency, is there a blockchain for it that really exists?

It was a trick, a clever plan to make you buying Bitcoin and pumping Bitcoin price, we were $6100 last night, we're $5700 today. if you want to start a new coin based on BTC with GPU mining, investing millions, why would you give 16.5M to people for free? keep your Bitcoins in your wallets, never enter private key to claim anything, if BTG is a legit fork, wallets will add an option for claiming it like Bitcoin cash and blockchain.info.

hello,

Not a DDOS, people are trying to visit, we want our facking free coins, right now. simple lol.

🖤😏
limopc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:48:05 AM

I believe the have cloudflare.. I’m not sure but I assume it protects against ddos, and heavy traffic... right?
Jovovich

Activity: 316
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:53:51 AM

It was a trick, a clever plan to make you buying Bitcoin and pumping Bitcoin price, we were $6100 last night, we're $5700 today. if you want to start a new coin based on BTC with GPU mining, investing millions, why would you give 16.5M to people for free? keep your Bitcoins in your wallets, never enter private key to claim anything, if BTG is a legit fork, wallets will add an option for claiming it like Bitcoin cash and blockchain.info.

hello,

Not a DDOS, people are trying to visit, we want our facking free coins, right now. simple lol.

I guess i am thankful for this user who made effort to claim this sites as scam. Because their are really many sites promoting btcgold for free but it is not yet activated. People should avoid certain new sites when visiting and rather read at least some vouchers if it is legit or not. Because it is not really easy to be scammed when hoping for some money.
Dextroboy

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

Borderless Mobile Finance Marketplace

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:56:50 AM

hello friends,

The BCG scam site https://claimbitcoin.gold/

people are still not understanding about BCC and yet another BCG is trying to scam people's BTC..

i am just sharing my perceptions and raising doubts...

As per my knowledge BCC (Bitcoin Cash) is worth trusting to claim the free coins and sell them for a quick buck but what about the BCG (Bitcoin Gold) ?

well i tried to enter my BTC private keys (encrypted) but guess what i only see one error message as shown below ..

so friends, after entering all my BTC privatekeys , i see only one message as shown above..

if anyone tried and claimed BCG Huh? not sure.. if not don't even think about it because i feel that this site is trying to collect everyone's BCG  Tongue
Bitcoin Gold Is Not Scam
Its Just A Fake Site That Fooling Fool People

You Will Get 1 Bitcoin Gold For Every 1 Bitcoin You Has (Decimals Applied)
Its Just Like BCC Fork (1 August) But With Different Name And Low Support

VanceCrypto

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:16:33 AM

This website obviously look scammed.

However, please note that, Bitcoin Gold is NOT a scam, just this website try too cheat people.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:56:32 AM

I believe the have cloudflare.. I’m not sure but I assume it protects against ddos, and heavy traffic... right?
Wrong, there is no such a thing as protecting against DDOS, if 2 million people try to visit a website all at once, it would be considered as DDOS attack.
Claimbitcoin.gold
Claimbitcoingold.com
Claimbtg.net
All websites like that are phishing for private keys.

🖤😏
googlebtc

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:01:48 AM

I also suspect the site, I always see the development of this thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2284289.0
At least I know where the wallet supports BTG later on and I only recommend it for better security to keep it on a trading site that will give BTG free of the number of BTCs on the trading site's account
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:38:55 AM

This website obviously look scammed.

However, please note that, Bitcoin Gold is NOT a scam, just this website try too cheat people.
Yes bitcoingild is not a scam but they will dump it after receiving it or will not care if the price is not worth much as per someone's post from this thread.  Grin
LetEpsilonBe

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 11:47:45 AM

Also can confirm that "secure DOT claimbitcoin DOT gold"  is a scame site that asks for BTC  PRIVATE key, which you should never ever give out for any reason ever.

It is linked to via this twitter account @btcgpu

Here is a screenshot of them asking for PRIVATE key.

https://imgur.com/a/h3ht4
salihno71

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:22:59 PM

There are two potential problems with this:
1. If you did not move your bitcoins from original address, you effectively gave them the key to your funds. They could swipe them into any wallet and goodbye.
2. If you have moved you bitcoins to different address, they can still take you btg since you have to trust them with the private key. Not really sure this is a smart move. Especially since they're promising free 100 btg
Br extra careful. I would avoid this site.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: