Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you back up a Devcoin wallet?  (Read 484 times)
wiser (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

I am using the wallet called Bitcoin version 0.3.24-beta as my Devcoin wallet.  Even though it says "Bitcoin" it does work for Devcoins.  I can't find any internal instructions for backing up this wallet, no options for exporting or importing a file.  I'm writing for the Devtome and am a bit concerned about the possibility of having a hard drive crash or something right *after* receiving payment of several million Devcoins, so I thought it would be smart to back up my wallet in some way that would be restorable.  But... can't figure out how to do that.

Anyone here know how to back up such a wallet?  The wallet I'm using is one of the ones recommended on the Devtome.

I also have a wallet from devda.ch (web-based).  Aside from the fact that it won't take generation coins (the reason I have the other wallet), can anyone who's used these wallets tell me how good they are in terms of security and reliability?  If I were to transfer all my Devcoins to my devda.ch wallet, that would make it possible for me to access my wallet from any computer, making backing up my own client less crucial.  But... is it a safe, reputable wallet?  Would you trust it?  Are there any other web based Devcoin wallets that are trustworthy?  I'd *love* it if there were an equivalent of Coinbase for Devcoins--down to being able to buy/sell small amounts with USD--so if there is, please, please, please tell me about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: