Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:05:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin EU Convention 2013 (Amsterdam, Netherlands September 27th~29th)  (Read 9051 times)
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:54:46 PM

What will be the differences with the one in Vienna in November? In terms of topics/goals/organization/whatever? The time slots are pretty close.

There are some similarities, but this one will be focused quite a bit on new technology and the entrepreneurial / business side of things, with weight put on business dev, risk management, and security. It is my understanding that the Vienna conference will be more skewed towards the political and social implications of bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:03:48 PM

What will be the differences with the one in Vienna in November? In terms of topics/goals/organization/whatever? The time slots are pretty close.

There are some similarities, but this one will be focused quite a bit on new technology and the entrepreneurial / business side of things, with weight put on business dev, risk management, and security. It is my understanding that the Vienna conference will be more skewed towards the political and social implications of bitcoin.

This, and although I plan on attending that conference, it doesn't appear to be a "bitcoin" conference. It appears to be something similar to Porkupine Fest in the US. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a politically charged get together with lots of anarchists and libertarians, whereas this is a get together of bitcoiners that may in fact be either or both. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:04:39 PM

Count me in. How do i sign up?

Just send me a PM for now, the venue hasn't been narrowed down yet so official signups aren't enabled, but I can put in a pre-reservation for you and give you an announcement myself when it is.

TheEmperor

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 01:42:34 PM

My sister may be coming as well
Oh yes, she will.

+1

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
3. Kill people with Kindness.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:02:23 PM

Oh yes, she will.

Classy! I hope you can make it so she can too. *rimshot*

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 09:03:59 PM

Days until the conference!

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-27+12:30:00

UPDATES

• The Decentralized Exchange Discussion Panel has been filled out nicely with Chris Odom (Open Transactions), Stefan Thomas (Ripple), Mike Hearn (Google), and Nejc Kodrič (Bitstamp).
  • The Borderless Solutions Discussion Panel now features Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr (BTCJAM), Eli Sklaar (Safebit) and I'm I'm waiting on confirmation from Jon Matonis (Forbes).
  • 5 additional speakers added
  • 15 additional pre-reservations made

TheEmperor

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 12:45:02 AM

Oh yes, she will.

Classy! I hope you can make it so she can too. *rimshot*

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 for humility  Wink

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
BitSmile

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:20:30 PM

Looking forward to this. Of course, only if it has a nicely priced ticket. I'd rather hang out in the red light district than for example pay 300€ to go to a convention...

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 06:28:36 PM

Looking forward to this. Of course, only if it has a nicely priced ticket. I'd rather hang out in the red light district than for example pay 300€ to go to a convention...

No information on prices yet as it depends on a dynamic combination of vendors, booths, donations, attendees, floor plans, etc, none of which are concrete yet. I don't think bleeding attendees is an objective though, and this is a non-profit endeavor, committed to providing a platform for sharing and trading for the community, so 300EUR would not make much sense. (In fact, as bitcoin is a community technology and something that is free and shared, charging at all doesn't make much sense except to recoup basic expenses).

TheEmperor

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:55:08 AM

Have the convention in the Red Light District  Wink

1. Buy a sword.
2. Name it Kindness.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 11:35:48 AM

500 people is still quite many for a conference. The network effect cannot become much higher if the number of attendees crosses certain threshold (for example they start to be called attendees, instead of participants, or even delegates)

I recently organised a summit with 8 delegates, and the hosts and guest numbered about 12. This is the other end.

If my supernode is re-started, we will probably send about 5 people to the Netherlands for the duration of the conference. (Currently my supernode is dissolved, I am in a mental hospital, Roni and Annina have found new life in California, and Erki and Frank will make Silvervault the premier hub for direct BTC<->AGD trading (direct physical silver for physical btc at a mouseclick).

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Mylon

Mining FTW

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 07:06:48 PM

Have the convention in the Red Light District  Wink
Can't say the Red Light District is that special.. but maybe its because I'm Dutch... Either way, A Bitcoin Convention + Being able to go the Red Light District after, should pull people over to come by Smiley

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
amonymous

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:15:01 PM

Final arrangements with the venue are being made, and our panels and speaker list is growing.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 03:29:32 PM

Final arrangements with the venue are being made, and our panels and speaker list is growing.

I love it!

A conference run by amonymous and M.N.W.

Can't wait!
Haro

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:26:33 PM

It is developing above my expectation Smiley

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 21, 2013, 06:30:29 PM

BIG NEW:

They Rented a Beer Bike for the event!

amonymous

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 05:38:04 AM

I love it!

Can't wait!

Do you have any questions you'd like to ask?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

I love it!

Can't wait!

Do you have any questions you'd like to ask?

Who are you?
amonymous

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 07:21:32 PM

My name's Moe. I live in Amsterdam and am invested in bitcoin. I think it would be great to have a unified European conference,  and have harnessed the collective talent of a few well integrated individuals to invite and create this conference with me.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

My name's Moe. I live in Amsterdam and am invested in bitcoin. I think it would be great to have a unified European conference,  and have harnessed the collective talent of a few well integrated individuals to invite and create this conference with me.

Moe I think that is great.  I would love to see that happen and attend.  Unfortunately your credibility as a legitimate endeavor is undermined by your association with the narcissistic troll M.N.W.  (I don't know M.N.W. personally but my entire opinion of him has been formed by his numerous inane posts here [when he is not on my ignore list] and from his idiotic music videos [which he has since removed] from his youtube channel) and your own anonymity. 

If you want this to be a unified European conference of anonymous (potentially illegal) bitcoiners, bitcoin business and narcissistic trolls then be clear about that.

James McCarthey (the scammer Nefario) and Amir Taaki organized the London Bitcoin Conference in 2012

Peter Vessenes (regardless what you may think of him and his foundation) organized a very successful US bitcoin meeting in San Jose in May of 2013

Pamir Gelenbe has organized BTCLondon 2013 coming up in July.

Somone is organizing a "expo" at a pub in london in November of 2013 http://bitcoinexpo.co.uk/

Amir Taaki is orgainzing the unsystem conference in Vienna November 1-3 https://unsystem.net/

Lot of "conferences" coming up and I think this can only help grow the bitcoin economy, but bitcoin is "growing up" and  it is my strong opinion that  to be legit you have to 1. come out of the shadows and 2. Associate with reputable individuals.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: