Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:32:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I get free Bitcoin gold?  (Read 2373 times)
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:19:16 AM

Move your bitcoin to paper wallet and you should be able to get your bitcoin gold. But unconfirmed reports suggest that the snapshot might already have been taken place for the fork privately earlier.

SIHIN

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:38:45 AM

In my knowledge you just need to save bitcoin and on 25th later you will get bitcoin gold as much as bitcooj amount you save. so far i know bittrex and hitbtc exchange which will give free btc gold
ballerrr (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:45:18 AM

Is there a particular exchange I should have my bitcoin on in order to get bitcoin gold after the fork ? Currently my Bitcoin is on Coinbase but of course they haven't decided what they are going to do. Should I move my bitcoin to poloniex or another exchange?

Thanks!

Best to wait for any announcement from coinbase on what their plans are for this coming hardfork. I fortunately receievd by bcc last aug by keeping the btcs i have in my yobit wallet though as many would tell, that's quite risky and it would be your call.if you want to make the same risk

I just saw on coinbase website that they will not support bitcoin gold for now. Coinbase will keep all bitcoin gold for themselves if bitcoin is not moved from their exchange. I am moving my bitcoin to Electrum wallet not since bitcoin gold will provide instructions on how to receive bitcoin gold from Electrum at a later date.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq
elliottflz65

Activity: 134
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:55:31 AM

Is there a particular exchange I should have my bitcoin on in order to get bitcoin gold after the fork ? Currently my Bitcoin is on Coinbase but of course they haven't decided what they are going to do. Should I move my bitcoin to poloniex or another exchange?

Thanks!

Best to wait for any announcement from coinbase on what their plans are for this coming hardfork. I fortunately receievd by bcc last aug by keeping the btcs i have in my yobit wallet though as many would tell, that's quite risky and it would be your call.if you want to make the same risk

I just saw on coinbase website that they will not support bitcoin gold for now. Coinbase will keep all bitcoin gold for themselves if bitcoin is not moved from their exchange. I am moving my bitcoin to Electrum wallet not since bitcoin gold will provide instructions on how to receive bitcoin gold from Electrum at a later date.

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2892196-bitcoin-gold-faq

It's a good idea to do that for every exchange not only coinbase. It's very likely that all exchanges won't be accepting bitcoin gold
Intensity

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:24:16 PM

Hasn't the fork already occurred? I thought they were premining it before officially releasing to the public.

Rumor has it that the fork happened Oct 1st, and the dev's are premining before the "official fork" on Oct 25th. And the official live date is in November sometime.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:29:35 PM

When exactly in November will the fork happen? I have my coins currently on exchanges where I trade, I may sell the tokens I hold to get Bitcoin gold but will it be worth like it will have a good value to keep? BCH is a free money for the holders, it it will have a real good value, then sending my btc to electrum would be worth.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Intensity

Activity: 178

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:16:13 PM

According to this website below, the fork is Oct 25, and you will get your BTG Nov 1st. Disclaimer, I have not followed the process of BTG, but BTG has a lot less hype than BCH. That being said, free coins are free coins, but I wouldn't go completely out of the way to earn coins that might not have much of a value (based on the hype thus far).

https://themerkle.com/cryptocurrency-enthusiasts-are-confused-over-the-bitcoin-gold-premine-date/
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:43:12 PM

In order to receive Bitcoin gold, you need to move you Bitcoin from Coinbase and store it in a private wallet and hold private keys. Then only you are eligible to receive Bitcoin Gold. Also, you should do this before the hardfork so that you can receive free Bitcoin Gold. If you transfer from coinbase to any other Exchange or move the bitcoin after 25th October, then you should not expect any Bitcoin Gold or BTG with you. Some of the exchanges might offer the same functions as of private wallet of giving free BTG, but private wallet is the best option in my opinion.
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:45:00 PM

Does anybody know if Bitcoin Gold has implemented a secure replay protection meanwhile so that Trezor and other hardware wallets could integrate the hard fork into their interfaces?

Some days ago this was not the case as far as I know.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 09:10:53 PM

For you able to get free bitcoin gold you just have to sign up at bitcoin talk forum and then answer the questions that they have and from that they will give you free bitcoin gold in exchange to the effort that you did for them. Bitcoin talk forum is quite challenging but it doesn't need so much time and effort. You can be productive in here.

This is not true and should be ignored.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:17:57 PM

I think some exchanges support it to , so if you move your btc to a exchange you should be fine.
G.Seed

Activity: 638
Merit: 86

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:20:25 PM

Even freebitco.in allows to get BTG.
MrZ28s

Activity: 475
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:24:26 AM

Most exchanges and other crypto sites are supporting bitcoin forks. Currently big exchanges like Bittrex is yet to distribute Bitcoin Gold tokens despite not committing to enlist it into their trading markets.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 12:21:48 PM

FreeBitcoins.com has a tool that allows you to see if you qualify for BTG.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: