Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:38:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new to this have a few questions.  (Read 713 times)
EvilGypsy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:30:23 PM

Ok i just recently got into all this and just have a few questions if iam doing things right or could be doing better.

My Rig- Iam running 2x 275 gtx in SLI 10 gigs of ram 3.6 ghz pross and a 1400W power supply.

I have joined 2 pools... Slushies and 50btc.

Iam using GUIminer for both and with both pools i get a average 57 m/hashes. i can run 2 miners 1 for each pool and both get a 50-60 m/hasg avg. and it uses 50% of my pooters power (25% if i only run 1 miner) which allows me to use my computer normally with no lag.

I also dwnloaded 50miner. Using that with the 50BTC pool i get a avg 109-160 m/hashes but causes terrable lagg on my PC when i move my mouse there is a 5-8 sec delay. Is there somthing iam doing or iam not using that is causing this? Its puzzling me.

Anyway would like a heads up if iam on the right track or if there is a better program/pool/whatever i could be using to maximize my time.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ReploidX9

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:33:16 PM

New to mining myself, but personally I prefer using CGminer. Thats just me though. Sorry I can't really help with anything else though..except maybe show you the flags I use for my .bat
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:52:23 PM

When you are experiencing the sluggish mouse, that's because you're hashing at the maximum rate (it is using your video, which causes that to happen). When you aren't experiencing that, you're only using part of the power.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
EvilGypsy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 08:59:56 PM

When you are experiencing the sluggish mouse, that's because you're hashing at the maximum rate (it is using your video, which causes that to happen). When you aren't experiencing that, you're only using part of the power.

Thank you... but my CPU usage when running the 50miner program is only at 50% the same as when i run 2 miners on GUIminer and i have no lag when i use that program. Thats what is puzzling me if it was using 100% CPU then I would understand but its not. and do these progeams use bith my cards or just one... and if not is there a program that will use both cards.
xenophanes

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:02:01 PM

i use cgminer
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:04:59 PM

Thank you... but my CPU usage when running the 50miner program is only at 50% the same as when i run 2 miners on GUIminer and i have no lag when i use that program. Thats what is puzzling me if it was using 100% CPU then I would understand but its not. and do these progeams use bith my cards or just one... and if not is there a program that will use both cards.

CPU and GPU are separate things. I run like 10% CPU usage when mining at max GPU. The CPU isn't really that relevant, which is why a lot of people use cheap single/double core CPU's in their mining rigs.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
EvilGypsy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:08:01 PM

How do i go about making sur eiam usung my GPU instead of my CPU... am i using the wrong program? or is it a setting? and thanks again for your time answering.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:17:04 PM

How do i go about making sur eiam usung my GPU instead of my CPU... am i using the wrong program? or is it a setting? and thanks again for your time answering.

Im not even sure how to mine with a cpu other than with minderd. You'd know if you were though because even with a quad core 3.4 GHZ cpu I get less than 8 mh/s, lol.

EvilGypsy (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:19:44 PM

Im not even sure how to mine with a cpu other than with minderd. You'd know if you were though because even with a quad core 3.4 GHZ cpu I get less than 8 mh/s, lol.

haha got ya sry if i sound like a retard iam far from a tech expert but iam a fast learner.  Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:21:00 PM

haha got ya sry if i sound like a retard iam far from a tech expert but iam a fast learner.  Smiley

No problem! I'm actually fairly new to all of this myself but I try to help where I can, :p.

Larry666

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:44:18 PM

sounds wvery interesting..

No problem! I'm actually fairly new to all of this myself but I try to help where I can, :p.
Burdy

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:48:18 PM

Any chance you can mine ftc with a basic computer?

Or any alt coin for that matter?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 09:50:45 PM

Or any alt coin for that matter?

Not without a GPU. The coins are all GPU-friendly now. YAC I think is at least somewhat competitive as it uses a different hash mechanism ("scrypt-jane") but that may change later.

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:16:50 PM

Just dont try it with a laptop. It will melt within a few hours.
arcticfox

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:30:18 PM

I'm new to mining as well and I have found that using the Bitminer Java client has been the easiest for me. I have it running on my iMac (with 2 Asicminer USB erupters) and on my newly built Windows 7 mining rig that I just built.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 07:52:34 AM

lol, I think this one should be obvious for most. Just like why you shouldn't do hardcore gaming on laptops, :p.

mearylll

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:01:45 AM

lol, I think this one should be obvious for most. Just like why you shouldn't do hardcore gaming on laptops, :p.

But I do - some laptops have good GPU for a reason. Its hot when playing games, but the notebook has warranty as well
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2013, 08:05:37 AM

But I do - some laptops have good GPU for a reason. Its hot when playing games, but the notebook has warranty as well

I would think that their heat dissipation would be a problem though.

Also, for anyone who does gaming on theirs, keep in mind that unlike gaming, mining keeps your GPU at 100% (unless you set it lower). I guess if you have a laptop BUILT for gaming and properly equipped, you can set the mining intensity lower and still be alright.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: