Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:10:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex Official statement on Bitcoin Gold  (Read 6584 times)
khufuking (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:14:52 AM
Merited by bill gator (1)

Hi I just woke up on the news that Bittrex will officially credit all the accounts with the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold , So if you have BTC on Bittrex you are safe , But up until now they will not support trading the coin . It is strange , they are stating that they are waiting for a connect from the deva of BTG !! Really Bitcoin Gold did not connect an exchange like Bittrex yet ! WTF .
Quote " We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us. "

Officially statement link : https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
haroldtee

Activity: 644
Merit: 299

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:11:30 AM

I believe that is fair enough for the users of bittrex holding BTC before the fork. However, the issues raised with respect to the development on BTG is really concerning and I won't blame them if they won't be trading the coin, I would not.
The listing is not about connecting, I feel, the fact that the information and codebase presented so far is not functional and bittrex will not be going against their policies of listing any coin for trading if it does not pass their rules, most especially after stating the risk involved, most especially this one below.

Bitcoin Gold codebase also contains a private premine of 8,000 blocks (100,000 BTG). Please be aware that if a market does open there is a possibility of the developers selling their premined BTG on the open market.

A lot of explanations from BTG crew I guess.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:44:04 AM

Hi I just woke up on the news that Bittrex will officially credit all the accounts with the equivalent amount of Bitcoin Gold , So if you have BTC on Bittrex you are safe , But up until now they will not support trading the coin . It is strange , they are stating that they are waiting for a connect from the deva of BTG !! Really Bitcoin Gold did not connect an exchange like Bittrex yet ! WTF .
Quote " We'd also like to encourage the BTG development team to reach out to us. "

Officially statement link : https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002320451

I'm not sure what the bitcoin gold devs are thinking because it is crucial for anybody let alone bittrex know how exactly their fork is going to function. Otherwise they simply cannot expect any sort of support for their coin whatsoever.

Bittrex has handled the BCC fork pretty well, seems like the case for bitcoin gold as well.

The bitcoin gold fork shouldn't affect the actual bitcoin's prices too much.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:52:31 AM

I think this belongs to the altcoin section.
Bgold is clearly another altcoin and won't have any impact for Bitcoin's short term or long term price.
And I agree with Bittrex statement and not listing that coin.
There are other exchanges you can dump that coin. Therefore I don't see any problem or issue there.
pdiogo

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 11:42:34 AM

So does this mean I will have my BTG on Bittrex as soon as the fork occurs (October 24/25), or will I have to wait a couple of days to be able to withdraw it to another exchange's wallet?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:07:39 PM

of course they're gonna trade it because of course there's gonna be replay protection. there'll be no fork without it.

it would be fun if it was another bcash and went to the moon because no one could move it, but i don't think lightning strikes twice and my trust in bittrex has taken a hit.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:23:10 PM

Bittrex is reputable exchange. Bitcoin Gold is for sure not 100% legit hardfork. Team is surely up for some early profits. That's why I think it is fair enough for Bittrex to see how market moving before investors lose millions in a great game from Bitcoin Gold devs.
So it is advisable for users to don't buy, just hold your BTG till market become clearer. (Well, you are advisable to sell off your BTG if you got chance before hand. Cheesy )

/]..JAMBLER.io../]Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
/our-partners.php]      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
/become-seller.php]   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Haidong Liang

Activity: 65

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 12:46:53 PM

Bgold is clearly another altcoin and won't have any impact for Bitcoin's short term or long term price.
There are other exchanges you can dump that coin. Therefore I don't see any problem or issue there.

This should be moved to altcoin speculation.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:17:50 PM

of course they're gonna trade it because of course there's gonna be replay protection. there'll be no fork without it.

it would be fun if it was another bcash and went to the moon because no one could move it, but i don't think lightning strikes twice and my trust in bittrex has taken a hit.
It is their income. I do think that they still have something to trade. They are only interested in income. I do not believe that bitcoin is the gold will be successful in the market altcoins. It is waiting for the same future as the bitcoin cash. I'm more interested in the fate of btc1, but that's another topic.
khufuking (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:16:13 PM

I'm not sure what the bitcoin gold devs are thinking because it is crucial for anybody let alone bittrex know how exactly their fork is going to function. Otherwise they simply cannot expect any sort of support for their coin whatsoever.

Bittrex has handled the BCC fork pretty well, seems like the case for bitcoin gold as well.

The bitcoin gold fork shouldn't affect the actual bitcoin's prices too much.
Not getting in touch with an exchange like Bitrrex uncover what exactly we are dealing with , I think Bitcoin Gold is just a joke and will not worth even more than $10 .
People who are holding BTC will sure be interest in this kind of news , So this news is related to BTC in first place .
h4yfans

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:16:46 PM

Free money I think uh? Again.
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:35:34 PM

It is nice to hear from them again,  we really needed to have some news about bitcoingold on Bittrex, but there is nothing new with it since a lot of exchanges have already said that they were going to give bitcoingold to those who were holding bitcoin on their platform.
bittrex came a little bit late to the party i guess, but anyway, those are grand news for all of us who are holding coins in there, i guess.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:55:28 AM

It is nice to hear from them again,  we really needed to have some news about bitcoingold on Bittrex, but there is nothing new with it since a lot of exchanges have already said that they were going to give bitcoingold to those who were holding bitcoin on their platform.
bittrex came a little bit late to the party i guess, but anyway, those are grand news for all of us who are holding coins in there, i guess.

But i don't think the bittrex exchange will try to trade the bitcoin gold in next few days later. I just get from the latest announcement form the bittrex if there are some things must be verificated by the bitcoin gold developers.
Calm N Patience

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 05:39:12 AM

On the statement, they addressed the time during the BTG snapshot block 491,407 occurring approximately on October 23, 11pm PT (6am UTC) but on the headline it was October 24, 3am PT (10am UTC). They are two different times, so which is exactly the right one?
Xanotick

Activity: 68

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:11:14 AM

On the statement, they addressed the time during the BTG snapshot block 491,407 occurring approximately on October 23, 11pm PT (6am UTC) but on the headline it was October 24, 3am PT (10am UTC). They are two different times, so which is exactly the right one?

I heard the hard fork on Oct 25. So maybe the late one is right.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:27:24 AM

However, your bitcoin on the bittrex exchange site is safe right. Yobit announce the trading information for bitcoin gold after upcoming fork and they stated the timer in their site itself. As of now bitrex updation is states that your all fund is safe.
For that you do not need to consider trading on bitcoin gold in exchange will not come in future at all.
As it states you will wait till they connect to the developers to have it their site.
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:50:01 AM

That’s a relief for the bittrex users and the same thing I’m waiting for my online wallet to send update for the coming fork. If not I will make an account to bittrex for this purpose and trade for some time. This would be a good start for me in either bittrex been well-knowned to be a great trading platform and looking forward to be on that good site.
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:17:51 PM

This shows us that btg dev team is not serious about this altcoin.
without listin on bittrex will be a big fail
bifle

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:19:40 PM

I find the bittrex statement very weird, they are committing on something (bitcoin gold distribution) which is very blurry at this time...
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:12:47 PM

Not only Bittrex but Bitcoin Gold is not connected with some other popular exchanges yet, this seems that there isn't any proper or strong support of Bitcoin Gold as it was with Bitcoin Cash in the past. So still there is a doubt that if we will be credited with Bitcoin Gold on the coming fork or we will have to wait for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: