Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have 10 btc accepting paypal...  (Read 1701 times)
syn999

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:26:26 PM

ok, i dont care if you are scammer or not
as long i got BTC first or john does, its fine

how much do you want? im leaving very soon
maybe we can do it tomorrow

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juneteenth (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:27:19 PM

mtgox rate. no more or less.
syn999

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:28:12 PM

we might have a deal tomorrow
got to go now

xboxgames

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:28:41 PM

Go to eBay. Buy eBay gift card. Load into PayPal. Easy Wink
how would I be able to buy a ebay gift card with btc.. Yeah I think you're confused.

You wouldnt. But your own words were:

I tried to load my bank account and it wouldn't work. Which implies you have the money on bank account and would have used it. So, its as easy as using your debit card online and buying eBay gift card. Instant, and no chance to get scammed. Case closed. Sounds scammy if that's not reasonable.
I do not own a debit card. I have a savings account and a ATM card. SO thats why i said that. I will definitely sell you 2btc with the use of escrow also. How am i scamming again? I have had this paypal + ebay account for 10+ years. Never a problem with either. I'm not sure where you are getting at. I'm the one who has the btc. So how am i scamming someone if I am taking the paypal. Especially with use of escrow

Just saying to use escrow. Not saying you are scamming. I know a lot about PayPal. I may or may bot have worked in the past for them. I know its really easy to make a fake PayPal account as they do no checks. If you have yours for 10 years and verified, that's good. Weird no bank or card attached tonit after that long. Never bought anything in 10 years?
Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:30:35 PM

bank is azttached but I have changed since then and for some reason when they send the trial deposits my bank never gets them.. and they have the correct info. All I was going to do was purchase on ebay a few (not bitcoin related) items. I always will use escrow because i've been ripped 2 times already.
Okay we can  deal tomorrow!
xboxgames

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:33:27 PM

Syns avatar is so hot
Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:36:06 PM

Syns avatar is so hot

Tongue Tongue Tongue
goose20
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:18:57 AM

HELP...Anyone out there in the forums can help.

Juneteenth and i just agreed that i purchase 4.0 btc for US$425.
He sent me a paypal request reuesting payment.
i sent him the money.
he now claims his account got limited and he feels scammed - he hasnt sent anything and is not out of pocket.
i got no $$ and no BTC.
Does anyone have any experience with this paypal limitation thingy???
please help.

BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:20:51 AM

HELP...Anyone out there in the forums can help.

Juneteenth and i just agreed that i purchase 4.0 btc for US$425.
He sent me a paypal request reuesting payment.
i sent him the money.
he now claims his account got limited and he feels scammed - he hasnt sent anything and is not out of pocket.
i got no $$ and no BTC.
Does anyone have any experience with this paypal limitation thingy???
please help.

If he sent you a Payment Request I assume you did not respond with a GIFT payment?

If that is true then you should be in a position to lodge a chargeback request with PayPal. However, if you sent GIFT, consider the money gone unless you want to tell PayPal you're account was compromised and you did not authorize this funding.

why did you not use Escrow when he offered it also?

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

the payment request didn't offer me any choices - just 'pay now'. which i did.

i dont see how that would result in a limitation to his account. Is this a correct thing that can happen with paypal?
his screen shot to me says he needs to go through some steps to take away limitation - if he does this, wil transaction settle ok.

i am not interested in scamming anybody. i sent my $425 in good faith. a transaction for a lower amount went through smoothly yesterday??

stressing now - thats alot for me to lose Sad
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:37:34 AM

oh and regarding using the escrow... i figured since he is offering it then he must be above board, i know i am.

what is going on?... surely there is still good left in people out there. my 1st baby  son was born a few days ago, and in readiness for that, i wanted to have some btc for him as a gift when he was born, i agreed to buy 2.0 btc off Gumtree and duly deposisted $200 into the guys Australian Westpac bank account a couple of weeks ago. He didnt send the btc, wouldnt offer the transaction id or anything. so now i have to lodge a police complaint.

And now this.. really. what gives. And yes, i am trusting, but id rather be that than than the opposite.
oh bother Sad
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:45:02 AM

So rather than hang around to resolve this, Juneteenth has gone offline.
It looks like i have been taken again Sad

buyers please be aware.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:39:35 AM

Jesus Christ, did you NOT READ MY POSTS?!?!

If you paid by invoice, file a chargeback for non receipt of goods. And learn to pay attention to what people post in threads.
xboxgames

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:41:05 AM

Also, what was his PayPal email that you sent to? And if you have the screenshot still, send that also, via pm of you like. We can probably get your money back. But you need to be wayyyyy more careful.
goose20
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:54:06 AM

lessoned learned. i hope i get my money back.

Sent to:   
   Mike Harris
Email:   
   Toni3638@aim.com

pm'd you screenshots.
Thank you heaps
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:10:35 PM

oh and regarding using the escrow... i figured since he is offering it then he must be above board, i know i am.

what is going on?... surely there is still good left in people out there. my 1st baby  son was born a few days ago, and in readiness for that, i wanted to have some btc for him as a gift when he was born, i agreed to buy 2.0 btc off Gumtree and duly deposisted $200 into the guys Australian Westpac bank account a couple of weeks ago. He didnt send the btc, wouldnt offer the transaction id or anything. so now i have to lodge a police complaint.

And now this.. really. what gives. And yes, i am trusting, but id rather be that than than the opposite.
oh bother Sad
That's sad, to make everything sure buy bitcoins by bank transfer to popular exchangers like mtgox or bitfinex
syn999

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 01:43:07 PM

well, my friend

thats why i waited for a day lol

Juneteenth (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:34:41 PM

well, my friend

thats why i waited for a day lol
Since i have talked to paypal and they alerted me this person "goose20" was figured out to be sending for ecurrency (which paypal does not support) he has to request his money back by calling paypal.. if he truly owns this account. I have done more verification and its not going to help. So in all naturality.. I probably lost my account because of him. I never passed up escrow.. considering i always said (I would take escrow john k only) and he was in a rush. I am locking this thread because of this.. i will not take anyones paypal.. and will always use escrow (even though escrow would have not prevented this)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: