Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:47:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which coin mining is most profitable ?  (Read 5127 times)
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 05:49:51 PM

Like others have said: investing your coin into long term contracts with any cloud mining company, whether its "totally legit" or reviewed favorably by a trusted crypto-tuber, is absolutely playing with fire.  You are far better off just buying coins that you think will gain traction or have steady long term gains.  One of my favorite BTC blogs 99Bitcoins has a great article where he tested holding BTC vs buying a contract with Genesis mining.  Gmining happens to be the most reputable cloud mining company out there, and there is no doubt from the OG crowd that it too is a ponzi scheme, at the heart of the operation.  The reason why so many websites, youtubers and blogs are promoting it so hard is because it has a kick ass referral program (which also happens to be the only way you can viably make a profit on your investment)
My thoughts exactly. People who want to get into mining with little money is laughable. You might not make your ROI back while watching the price of the coins just go up. Go big or Go buy

It is better to buy the coins directly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
syana

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:00:13 PM

I want to invest 2500usd in mining....  which coin can give me the best profit
1.bitcoin mining
2.litecoin mining
3.Zcash
4.monero
5.ethereum or dash

I invested $600 in Ripple (XRP) when they were $0.12.
Which gave my 5000 XRP.
Now they been staying between $0.20-$0.27
Which leaves me a lil over $1000.
They may not be a mined coin but just because they arent mined doesnt mean their garbage.
BTC started Low just like Ripple, and I missed buying BTC.
Ripple just had a Conference with all the banks all around the world, in Toronto.
Ripple and Swift had their conference on the same days.
So the time to buy is now just in case they skyrocket.
A lot of well known banks are working with Ripple.
One of those banks is the one i Bank with.
Its all a gamble but you may see them in a bank near you.
Just a little inside info, I research before I buy.
I don't wanna buy into a disaster again,

Banks are thinking about having their own crypto money... if they do so, what would the future of XRP be?
Don't you think its value will drop?
(just asking...)
kristikun

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

If u lookin for most profitable mining right now its rig with Vegas 56 bios moded to 64  with Cast XMR 2kh hashrate on each card makes 10USD a day so rig with 6x would make around 60 USD a day i had ROI in 76 days , already doubled my invests since diffucilty of cryptonight goes up slower than its value its going to be even more profitable Wink
IF u understand hardware and buy components cheap , mining is way more profitable thhan jsut buying coins with lots of option how to utilizace more profit , for example mining alt coins with potencial for future investments , checking Bitfinex live charts selling/buying  diff coins to make profit from  descrease / increase  in value . Lets say after mining 2years in which u could make ROI 10x times u can sell the components for 70% of its price.

Mining isnt what it used to be but if u know enough u can still make good profit and way more than just from buying coins . People who wrote here that they are mining but they would make more if they bought the coin  jsut doesnt know shit about mining
Viodet

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 12:01:07 PM

I do both mining and investing. I Mine various coins and HODL them for profits and at the same time i invest with my money and mining profits to increase my portfolio. Nowadays with the sum you mentioned i would just invest the money since even finding cheap cards has become troublesome at least for me
ronnylov

Activity: 276
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 12:35:55 PM

Some new coins are not possible to buy on market yet (not listed on an Exchange) but you can mine them and later when they are listed on exchange you can make some profit. This kind of speculative mining can be very profitable but it can also just be waste of electricity if the coin does not survive. I have had some luck with mining new coins or less known coins.

Mining is fun. Maybe you should do a Little of both. Buy coins and mine coins.
Personally I made good profit mining last 6 months but who nows in future.

★★★ LETHEAN ★★★
BLOCKCHAIN BACKED DECENTRALISED P2P VPN
MediumTwitterDiscordRedditFacebookWhitepaperBitcointalk Ann
Will Crypto Make Me Rich?

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:20:14 AM

Ya know, going back to the beginning of this thread, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks are compelled to beat around the bush..... The user asked which coin would be most profitable for mining.... Just answer the god damn question for f**k sake! There was no mention of buying anything, the question was about "mining".
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:06:43 AM

Ya know, going back to the beginning of this thread, it never ceases to amaze me how many folks are compelled to beat around the bush..... The user asked which coin would be most profitable for mining.... Just answer the god damn question for f**k sake! There was no mention of buying anything, the question was about "mining".

None. The answer is none.

Think about this, if you bought a certain amount of tokens (with the money that could have been allocated to mining) and the coin the coin goes up 100x in a year, you would only be able to mine a fraction of what you would have been able to buy.

Mining only works well if the coin fails to launch and does mediocre increases.

There are so many CPUs, GPUs, and ASICs mining now that any coin/token difficulty goes up the second it comes up on a radar or gets placed on an exchange. The exception being maybe the first 96 hours of mining a new coin.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:15:37 AM

Think about this, if you bought a certain amount of tokens (with the money that could have been allocated to mining) and the coin the coin goes up 100x in a year, you would only be able to mine a fraction of what you would have been able to buy.

There are so many CPUs, GPUs, and ASICs mining now that any coin/token difficulty goes up the second it comes up on a radar or gets placed on an exchange. The exception being maybe the first 96 hours of mining a new coin.

If you go around telling noobs the truth about mining they'll either run away or just dismiss your post as misinformation designed to scare them away so you can mine all the coins for yourself.

If they just sat down for 30 minutes and used a calculator to figure out the end result of where they would be after 6, 12, 18, 24 months of buying vs mining they would understand - but that's doesn't fit their MDMA based exuberance  Cheesy
KK120

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:15:15 AM

I'm first a trader and investor in Crypto then a miner; decided to buy a 6 x GPU mining rig from trading profits just for the experience; You can make way more money by investing mid-long term vs investing in a mining rig.

Another option is to find coins (ONION is a good example which returns: 10% Y1, 5% Y2, 1% Y n+3) that can be used for PoS (Proof of Stake), which means that you just need to buy the coins, hold them in your wallet connected to the internet and get a % back each year. So you are investing and passively mining by staking without the cost of the rig.

I'm accumulating all the coins I mine or stake for the very long term.

cryptodunno

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:47:43 AM

i suggest to split and do both - mining and just buying the coins.
buying & holding seems to be more profitable at least with the current marker grow, but who knows how the market will turn in 2018.
mining will allow you to get deeper in cryptoworld and understand some key things about cryptocurrencies as you allways watching the trendlines etc.

But in general POW mining will most likely die in few years.

theaccelerationist

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:42:47 AM

Investing $2500 in mining is likely not to break-even in a period of 2 years. Investing in a coin can grow your profits even 100 times the investment in less than a year. I find Uwezocoin to be the best coin. Check out their Telegram https://t.me/joinchat/Hfwy-UkCRiNXLmbcRZeORA
Adamant06

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:26:13 PM

Investing $2500 in mining is likely not to break-even in a period of 2 years. Investing in a coin can grow your profits even 100 times the investment in less than a year. I find Uwezocoin to be the best coin. Check out their Telegram https://t.me/joinchat/Hfwy-UkCRiNXLmbcRZeORA
I don't know which coin mining are the most profitable but i think it is best to just buy any coin as long as it is profitable.And i think you can also save time and effort compared to mining.
theaccelerationist

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:14:57 PM

im agree with buy coin...i'm a miner but i suggest you to buy coin.
i was pre order my miner on first of august, if i decide to buy coin not to buy miner
now i think i earn more then 150%
I wouldn't mine a coin with a payback period of more than a year
Fanpant

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:49:22 PM

im agree with buy coin...i'm a miner but i suggest you to buy coin.
i was pre order my miner on first of august, if i decide to buy coin not to buy miner
now i think i earn more then 150%
I wouldn't mine a coin with a payback period of more than a year

At the moment, the ETH or ZEC has a pay back of around 250 days, depending on the electricity price.
KK120

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:46:52 PM

Monero is also quite profitable you can recover the cost of the miner in less than in a year; a miner with an avg of 3.5Kh/s mines almost 0.6 XMR per month. Assuming that the price of XMR will increase to about 400$+ in the coming months.
imglad91

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:44:32 PM

You can try mining Ethereum’s hard fork ETZ ( www.etherzero.org)
It is not currently listed on exchange but this month will be on cryptopia so it has a low difficulty.
You join their pool www.etzmine.com
KK120

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:17:35 PM

ETH at the moment is more profitable than Monero... so I'm switching Smiley ETZ seems like a good idea, too.
tharindu.some

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:13:15 PM

I think mining now not much profitable.You can invest that money for starting some masternode.
Will Crypto Make Me Rich?

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:28:04 AM

I'm doing pretty good for myself, my miner cost me somewhere around $2,300 dollars to build just before GPU prices went crazy, it's a 6 GPU AMD card rig with modified bios. It'll pay for itself in about 3 or 4 more months. I just mine whatever I feel like mining, it all has value, and they all just go up and down all the time..... I'm in it for the long term, everything I mine stays in my wallets..... Coin hoarder! Grin In 5 or 10 years, maybe I'll have some winners..... Maybe!
Nickie001

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:32:34 PM

Used to mine Litecoin on ASIC. Frankly, the yield per day did not exceed 12 $, and taking into account the cost of electricity -  8 $, not thick!
Now I'm thinking about the mastenodes, i've been watching the news about them for a while now. I'm trying to choose from three: GoByte, Zest and LUX.

Still, I'm looking towards the first coin - it's too tempting to hear the latest news about the decline in the cost of the transaction and the increase in profits for the owners of masternodes, which is not the case with other coins - they promise 70% of the award against 30% to the miners. It sounds attractive, and GoByte is not just another scam project - they've already collected the funds and the product is working. Guys, I need you help! Which coin would you prefer from these three and why?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: