Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:22:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why economists say Bitcoin a bubble  (Read 3866 times)
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:38:49 AM

Well some of the economist owns a central banks and some businesses that manage's finance and without a prior study to its features, history and its goals they will just say the bitcoin is just a bubble because the high volatility makes them suspicious to these new type of currency, what can you expect from the most of all if they are economist of the central banks and preferred to support the old banking system rather than the innovative revolutionary currency on the technology. when bitcoin launched it is scam in the present times where is has a sky rocket value it is a bubble whats next economist?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:52:12 AM

I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?

Your economists friends are right based on the price. Anyone could see through that and you dont even need to have a special skill to identify that a commodity that is worth ridiculous amount of money in the past year this year now worth a fortune just because time has passed.

However, the decision will not only be half baked but wrong because focusing only on the price which is mostly what people are doing in making such conclusion without trying to understand the powerful technology behind the model which is the blockchain technology. ike other model that have happened in the past, the blockchain technology have proven to be proof free and as been adjudged even by those who dont believe in bitcoin.

Its high time, that the media started talking more on the blockchain technology rather than price in other to correct the misinformation.
Almat

Activity: 254
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:01:21 AM

Mostly because it's not backed by any asset. Its value is derived purely from supply and demand, so it could theoretically pop any second. People who actually hold bitcoins know this will not happen anytime soon though.
yrrehc16

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:13:43 AM

bitcoin is a bubble for those who have strong hold in FIAT and have a well organized business circulating with out of the crypto cunnrencies ! we can blame them in just a few years they will just an ordinary establsih human again because of capability of bitcoin !
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 10:27:33 AM

I talk to big economists they say Is only a Bubble my thought Is no bitcoin Is revolution of economy even doesnt have a background like gold the value Is power of the people what do you think?

They say Bitcoin is a bubble because it is

Personally, I have no doubts about that and support their claims. Bitcoin is a vehicle for speculation and profiteering so far, it is not used in the real economy as a means of payment. Even when it looks like it is, it is only imaginary because all bitcoins you pay for goods or services get instantly converted to fiat by payment processors like BitPay. Is there a hope? I hope yes, there is. And it could come through massive fiat currency devaluations (like the one which happens right now in Venezuela) where people will have no other choice but use cryptocurrencies instead of the local currency which is being heavily devalued until it simply ceases to be money (like it happened in Zimbabwe)

nomad1109

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:45:00 AM

The thing about economic models is that they are exactly that - models. They take assumptions to simplify things in order to relate it to the real world. More assumptions means a more general model, which in turns mean that it will be less specific, but will also fit for more scenarios. The models economists use to identify bubbles and/or crisis are all fitting well with the evolution of Bitcoin. Charles Kindleberger has used theories by Hyman Minsky to create a model which tries to explain the steps of a crisis. However, these are created for use on a single economy.

Minsky focuses on the financial system itself, and flaws in it. Kindleberger's focus lies on an external shock that causes spending to increase. The problem with using these models on the alleged bitcoin bubble is that the crypto markets are not a traditional economy. There are no regulations yet, and it spans all over the world. With no limitations it's hard to define the extent of the economy. So the traditional models aren't really suited for this.

All that being said, I'm not claiming that it isn't a bubble. The methods economists use are simply not very suited for this kinda thing, as it's too new.

amaral1977

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 10:50:33 AM

Maybe the same guys that advised investment on MADDOF garbage. Or made clients put money in greek Debt before default? MAybe we are all wrong here, MAYBE, but the famous economists have proved themselfs very wrong already in detecting bubbles. The Technology , blockchain is only and nothing more than the future. If BTC will burst one day and be considered a bubble? probably, but not righ now. BTC is only adopted by a few and will grow more before / if butsting.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:41:49 AM

That economists you had mention maybe are not really experts in the field. They tried to give us false information and threaten us about bitcoin bubbles. However in reality they have just crab mentality. They don't want us to invest in bitcoin just like them.
RheaLity

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:44:47 AM

I think they say bitcoin a bubble because we are not sure in bitcoin, it can be dis appear any time like a bubbles, but for me i don't care, im still wanna know all about bitcoin.
Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:00:28 PM

The French say that any cognac was once brandy but not all brandy can be cognac. Bitcoin too. Now he has all the signs of a bubble, but if you will be able to buy goods and get paid in bitcoins then he can become a full-fledged currency. It all depends on what actions will be taken by the bitcoin community.
Lipe490

Activity: 602
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:58:19 PM

When they have nothing better to say about bitcoin, they just say "it's a bubble". Economists might well speak of the great properties of the currency bitcoin and how it is changing asset liquidity or how it is changing the payments market, but of course it is not important, as they did not buy bitcoin years ago when it was worth only a few hundred dollars, so let's just say it's a bubble and soon it's going to burst and bitcoin's going to be worth $ 100 proving once again that it's not a reliable source of trade. Thankfully we do not need any economists saying nonsense when it comes to bitcoin, because they speak badly of what they do not know and this is normal. You will never see anyone speak well of the bitcoin coming from Wall Street (unless he has already bought several coins and tries to manipulate talking nonsense on twitter).
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:45:17 AM

Mostly because it's not backed by any asset. Its value is derived purely from supply and demand, so it could theoretically pop any second. People who actually hold bitcoins know this will not happen anytime soon though.
I think there is no way that we can doubt the worth and importance of bitcoin. Bitcoin is in fact the top leading coin in the world of crypto currency and the way it is making its name, there are likely chances that soon it is going to become the most widely used coin of the world. The decrease in market price of bitcoin is quite a normal thing and there is nothing to be worried about, in fact cash those moments.
markjamrobin

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:54:52 AM

Indeed, bitcoin has no basis in its own right to guarantee its value. However, the popularity of the market is becoming a major platform for it to go up quickly. In other words, it is the trend of the world, a trend of the times.

greatk

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 08:57:20 AM

Of course, anytime the price goes up they shout " It is a bubble that will burst" and whenever there is a dip; "the bubble is bursting". I don't think there is an available economic model yet well suited to analyse if really it is a bubble or not. Even if it is, it still have a lot of years to go before it can burst.

FlorentineNobleman

Activity: 519

vetherasset.app

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:02:22 AM

Nobody wanted to buy BTC when it was trading at 200 USD over 2 years ago and it was the SAME technology as it is today  Cheesy Now surprisingly people say its undervalued at 6k USD.

Remember that price goes up bot because it's a great technology buy because there is a demand (fomo) and big holders aren't dumping. As soon as some 100k+ holders will decide to cash out you will see BTC dumping to 1-1.5k USD.

Moreover BTC mining is very inefficient and consumes more and more energy plus with the rising price the cost of transaction is skyrocketing making BTC completely useless as a medium of exchange.

Yuhee

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:36:37 AM

Nobody wanted to buy BTC when it was trading at 200 USD over 2 years ago and it was the SAME technology as it is today  Cheesy Now surprisingly people say its undervalued at 6k USD.

Remember that price goes up bot because it's a great technology buy because there is a demand (fomo) and big holders aren't dumping. As soon as some 100k+ holders will decide to cash out you will see BTC dumping to 1-1.5k USD.

Moreover BTC mining is very inefficient and consumes more and more energy plus with the rising price the cost of transaction is skyrocketing making BTC completely useless as a medium of exchange.

I think it is becoming popular because of how it is mined. Because earlier, it is time consuming and electricity burden. But more and more technology are being developed toreduce such certain problems. Now it us becoming more easy, people tend to regret it not either mining or buying btc in the early days. As many miners are being attracted the higher its value is increasing.
Cicada1033

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:19:56 AM

Everyone doubted electric cars a few years back and now everyone is curious about them. The demand of people change over the years. People now realized that blockchaintechnology is the way to go in the future.

ModulTrade ║  DEMOCRATIZING GLOBAL TRADE WITH BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY  ║ ModulTrade
The Freedom To Trade▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ White Paper ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬The Freedom To Trade
FacebookMediumLinkedinTwitterTelegramReddit
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

I think it is becoming popular because of how it is mined. Because earlier, it is time consuming and electricity burden. But more and more technology are being developed toreduce such certain problems. Now it us becoming more easy, people tend to regret it not either mining or buying btc in the early days. As many miners are being attracted the higher its value is increasing.

Economists is the important of the country. It will growth country also growth and people also get the more benefit. People will be grow economists is improve the future. and bitcoin also increase the prices. all country also accept the bitcoin. It will growth future and prices is increase day by day. Economists is part of the country. You will easy to gather the country information. Economists is the country improvement.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
nlhuy0905

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

They have the basis to prove it. However, it is important, how this bubble works, if it can grow properly, it will never break.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 10:32:55 AM

They are simply saying it is bubble because they cant seem to comprehend why what is not felt , carried about physically , controlled (and other properties of bitcoin/cryptocurrencies that make it distinct from paper money) could be used as money or means of exchange.

Economists always believe on the physicality of things to be deduced into scientific hypothesis and theories. Thus , when this is not the case , they now consider it as a bubble - meaning itb wont stand the taste of time. I read also that economist in the london hemisphere are the ones usually considering bitcoin and cryptocurrencies as thus.

Well , we are yet to see if it going to disappear as they claimed. Bitcoin has been around for 9 years and changing lives though.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: