Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is up with feathercoin?  (Read 4273 times)
jayjay2244 (OP)

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:07:29 PM

I thought it was dying. What is with the growth, is it a pump or is there a legit reason for the rise? Thanks in advance.  Smiley

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
riku2015

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:13:27 PM

they pumping it and difficult just dropped  Grin

lol they talking about it on live radio http://www.livestream.com/lrnfm
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:20:12 PM

FTC is broken.  You can't mine it.  I was on Big Verns pool and all his blocks are orphaned.  It shows he has 90% of the network as well.
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:23 PM

huge pump sooner or later it will come down.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:22:58 PM

Yeah - something seems wrong with FTC - I did a transfer from one wallet to another and it took many hours to go through..
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:37:23 PM

Yeah - something seems wrong with FTC - I did a transfer from one wallet to another and it took many hours to go through..

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

That should be fun for all the btc-e pumpers..
jayjay2244 (OP)

Activity: 116

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:44:59 PM

well i bought into it, and now lost 4 ltc. At least i haven't got burnt as bad as other will.

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:48:26 PM

So does that mean FTC is broken / finished - or can they fix things from here?
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:51:03 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

Technically, if what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:51:32 PM

Well depends on what the devs do.  They can try to replace the fake chain and that will orphan all FTC transactions from the point they fix the chain until the present.  That will probably require distributing the chain to dedicated miners and making it long enough that it beats out the current chain.  But that means they will wipe out legitimate as well as fake transactions a second time.  Basically the chain is hijacked and the coin is now worthless.  Someone is making a killing on the fake chain
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:54:23 PM

Well depends on what the devs do.  They can try to replace the fake chain and that will orphan all FTC transactions from the point they fix the chain until the present.  That will probably require distributing the chain to dedicated miners and making it long enough that it beats out the current chain.  But that means they will wipe out legitimate as well as fake transactions a second time.  Basically the chain is hijacked and the coin is now worthless.  Someone is making a killing on the fake chain

So..FTC is basically a ponzi scheme now?

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:55:03 PM

Technically, it what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)

except that the new chain has several fake blocks added to the chain that make it win out.  That is why people had such a hard time getting confirmations and then all of a sudden several blocks appeared in seconds.  What that means is that anyone can come in and add their own blocks claiming all the rewards.  those are fake blocks so they will supersede real transactions so those transactions will be lost.

the majority of real miners will drop out because they don't want to risk getting all their rewards orphaned.  so the only miner will be the fake miner and a bunch of idiots who don't know better.
perhan007

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:56:59 PM

but shouldn't the price of FTC fall instead of rise??
GSnak

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:58:21 PM

now?
vinne81

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:00:50 PM

someone probably built their own block chain and mined it.  since it is longer they used a ton of hashing power when the network hashing power was low and replaced the original block chain.  The result is a ton of orphans as all the good transactions were wiped out.  Now the new fake chain is in place someone who injected it has a ton of coins to sell into the market.

Technically, it what is described here is true, FTC is not "broken". It is working as it was designed, the majority rules. Therefore since nothing is broken, nothing can be "fixed". (except releasing a fork or such, but then a new 51% attack could occur)

except that the new chain has several fake blocks added to the chain that make it win out.  That is why people had such a hard time getting confirmations and then all of a sudden several blocks appeared in seconds.  What that means is that anyone can come in and add their own blocks claiming all the rewards.  those are fake blocks so they will supersede real transactions so those transactions will be lost.

the majority of real miners will drop out because they don't want to risk getting all their rewards orphaned.  so the only miner will be the fake miner and a bunch of idiots who don't know better.

True, I mean, the majority ruled that fake blocks are allowed Smiley A bad thing Smiley

In this case, as in any case like this, the majority and fake block builders are the same individuals Smiley
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:03:26 PM

http://forum.feathercoin.com/ is not loading for me for some time

Edit - Back up now..
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:04:10 PM

True, I mean, the majority ruled that fake blocks are allowed Smiley A bad thing Smiley

In this case, as in any case like this, the majority and fake block builders are the same individuals Smiley

when the news spreads FTC will be dumped.
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:08:45 PM

when the news spreads FTC will be dumped.

but the majority is not made up of miners alone.  it is made up of participants, traders,   people who transact the coins.  how does this benefit them.  in this case they are dependent on a healthy network developed to protect against these attacks.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:10:49 PM

And FTC is still trading on the exchanges with this news? The exchanges haven't halted trading yet?

more or less retired.
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:13:42 PM

http://forum.feathercoin.com/ is not loading for me for some time

Edit - Back up now..

... And down again
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:14:52 PM

And FTC is still trading on the exchanges with this news? The exchanges haven't halted trading yet?

It's a crazy world  Tongue

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
GSnak

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:15:41 PM

The ultimate strangeness is it's up 30% ... ??
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:18:04 PM

Yes, I don't understand that either.
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:20:29 PM

Yes, I don't understand that either.

Also some big orders on btc-e: https://btc-e.com/exchange/ftc_btc
Nolo

Activity: 686

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:38:40 PM

btc-e has got to be asleep at the wheel on this one.  I can't imagine why they haven't immediately suspended FTC.  This is going to screw so many people when the "good" transactions are reversed. 

The only viable alternative I see for the developers is to try to rollback the chain. 

They aren't going to be able to take the chain back I don't believe without doing so. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:41:43 PM

http://explorer.feathercoin.com/address/6tbxs8oikuwjmTFwnitNmfQWsBb1WgUg7s

its dead

GSnak

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:43:12 PM

Is there any way for them to get that on BTCe to dump it?
ribal

Activity: 217

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:48:23 PM

http://give-me-ftc.com minig seems to be down atm..
vinne81

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:53:06 PM

game over FTC, GAME OVER
nviere

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:54:17 PM

game over FTC, GAME OVER

wel there are people certainly trying. I am sure they wont succeed
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:55:53 PM

for sure, the block chain is considered valid.  So they can get the ftc on to btc-e just fine.  once they have the ftc on btc-e and have their transactions confirmed (by their won miners of course) they sell their ftc for btc and then there is no reason to keep the chain going they can just drop it.
tom_o

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:57:45 PM

for sure, the block chain is considered valid.  So they can get the ftc on to btc-e just fine.  once they have the ftc on btc-e and have their transactions confirmed (by their won miners of course) they sell their ftc for btc and then there is no reason to keep the chain going they can just drop it.

One reason: Purely FTC mining is 'apparently' more profitable right now, so they'll continue to do that and steal money using the blocks until its less profitable than just mining BTC I'd guess.
Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:58:19 PM

What seems to be happening is people are trying to perform 51% attacks on the network. But that doesn't mean it's dead, that means it's getting more attention. The price continues to rise, the difficulty continues to drop, and the hash rate continues to grow, especially on p2pool.

In other words, all is going according to plan. As the difficulty drops and the price rises, more miners will join and the 51% attacks will become more difficult. Watching a coin get attacked on one day and declaring it dead is just silly. The community is rallying support in a major way, and while it's a little rocky ATM, the future is MORE than bright.

The first marketplace launches tomorrow at http://market.feathercoin.com and that's going to make the coin more valuable. http://bitgrenade.net has a VERY active FTC game that people are obviously enjoying, the community is growing like wildfire, and the developers are coming out with new features all the time. I don't call that dead by any stretch of the imagination.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
GSnak

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:01:06 PM

Interesting. People on BTCe are saying their FTC hasn't shown up in 40 hours. They must be on that other FTC block chain.
chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:02:58 PM

Interesting. People on BTCe are saying their FTC hasn't shown up in 40 hours. They must be on that other FTC block chain.

I'll try sending 200 FTC.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:03:07 PM

My last chance to buy cheap FTC Smiley
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:04:14 PM

I tried sending 10 FTC as a test and they show up but transactions are very slow. And they need 100 at BTC-E Tongue
But I have tons of FTC in my wallet Smiley

Also 105k PXC Smiley Another promising coin Smiley
chriswen

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:05:17 PM

I tried sending 10 FTC as a test and they show up but transactions are very slow. And they need 100 at BTC-E Tongue

Also 105k PXC Smiley Another promising coin Smiley

I have 60 connections.
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:06:25 PM

BTC-e has raised confirms to 100. This attack has failed.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
chriswen

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:06:41 PM

Hmmm it would make sense for the attackers to not process as many transactions.  This would slow coins being sent to pools.
chriswen

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:08:52 PM

Woah!  That's a long time.
Taxidermista
Legendary

Activity: 1147

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

I did 8 transactions this afternoon. Only 1 reach its destiny, the others are missing.

ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:11:14 PM

It's not the 1st 51% attack on FTC. It will survive.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
anderl

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:16:32 PM

I mean the attackers can get their FTC onto Btc-e just fine.
chriswen

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:23:04 PM

Grin How can I contact them to get my transactions confirmed.
owsleybeatsbigcartel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 09:26:29 PM

I thought it was dying. What is with the growth, is it a pump or is there a legit reason for the rise? Thanks in advance.  Smiley
FTC = IMHO CRAZY DUDE WITH AFRO!!! HE'S COOL!!! Wink
zerodrama

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:59:48 PM

I mean the attackers can get their FTC onto Btc-e just fine.

That was before the 100 minimum.

EASY CALCULATION FOR TRADES: 1 Million is 1x10e6. 1 Satoshi is 1x10e-8. 1 M sat is 1x10e-2. 100 M sat is 1. If 1 herpcoin = 100 derptoshi then
1 M herpcoin @ 001 derptoshi = 0.01 derpcoin, 1 M herpcoin @ 100 derptoshi = 1.00 derpcoin
Post Scarcity Economics thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3773185
chriswen

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:21:53 AM

Well, my 200 FTC hasn't gotten any confirms by btc-e.
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 04:50:55 AM

People buying ftc now have balls of steels  Grin

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
com911

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:00:52 AM

Be very careful with this FTC pump. If you are watching attentively on trade history, you can see that a lot of huge sell order were pulled, not bought.

jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 05:05:40 AM

now?

hahaha +1
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:57:56 AM

Looks like the attack was a complete success to me.

bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:12:18 AM

Looks like the attack was a complete success to me.

It's called denial.  FTC scammers want to be rich so bad they push out reality and replace it with delusion.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:18:17 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2013, 07:29:49 AM by erk

I thought it was dying. What is with the growth, is it a pump or is there a legit reason for the rise? Thanks in advance.  Smiley

If you thought it was dying, then you probably best stay away from trading coins.

Kind of a bit late BTC-e, the block rate is back down to 2min 30sec, no point in 100 confirms anymore, just an inconvenience for their customers, and shows a lack of understanding of the problem. CNC is open to exactly the same kind of attack until it's block time gets down to normal, and it's still sitting on 6 confirms.

The solution is to use a list of trusted peers for confirmations.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 07:29:54 AM

Bet he's kicking himself he didn't dump those back when he was supposed to.

Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:14:06 AM

I sent 1600 FTC to BTC-e yesterday, and it's got >200 confirms now, but is not showing on BTC-e.

Something fishy going on, for sure.

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:18:26 AM

So how does one get on the correct fork :/

LTC: LKKy4eDWyVtSrQAJy7Qmmz61RaFY91D9yC   BTC: 18fzdnCkuUNthCD8hM36UBGopFa9ij78gG
erk

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:23:34 AM

I have stopped using BTC-e for FTC, they are hostile to it. I use Cryptsy for mining output, confirms of FTC deposits are nice and fast. Lets face it, who want's to wait for 120 confirms on the pool, then another 100 for BTC-e.

Boxman90

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 08:38:29 AM

You stop mining and wait for the dominant fork to emerge.

~BCX~

THat's the whole problem, I'm not mining at all and left the client running overnight. I just wanted my remaining FTC out. It's got 15 connections and it says it's "up to date", also the transaction shows up in the block explorer.

So what's the deal here?

Kevlar

Activity: 602
Merit: 254

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:35:11 PM

When the dominant fork emerges, the devs will need to release a new client with a check point,

Which they did. So now the attackers moved to DDoS the web site. Someone REALLY doesn't like FTC. But like any attack on Bitcoin, it won't last forever.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
erk

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:41:07 PM

When the dominant fork emerges, the devs will need to release a new client with a check point,

Which they did. So now the attackers moved to DDoS the web site. Someone REALLY doesn't like FTC. But like any attack on Bitcoin, it won't last forever.

Probably the people that pointed the feathercoin.org page to the yacoin.org site. I know some yacoin people talk about using botnets to CPU mine.
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 04:54:58 PM

You stop mining and wait for the dominant fork to emerge.

~BCX~

THat's the whole problem, I'm not mining at all and left the client running overnight. I just wanted my remaining FTC out. It's got 15 connections and it says it's "up to date", also the transaction shows up in the block explorer.

So what's the deal here?

Yes, you can be up to date, on the wrong fork.

When the dominant fork emerges, the devs will need to release a new client with a check point, you re DL the block chain and life is beautiful. Any coins you mined on the wrong aka smaller fork, sent, spent or backup will be worthless on the dominant fork larger fork.

A better way to think of a 51% attack, is a complete hostile takeover.

~BCX~

Why are you trying to scare him without knowing what is up? A few days back I had sent FTC into Btc-e and it was stuck on 8 confirms (needed 10) in their deposit page even though in network was above 50. It got there eventually. Its an issue with Btc-e; nothing to do with forked blockchain bla bla.

Some people had earlier reported success by sending another small transaction to the same account. Maybe you can send 1 FTC and wait.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: