Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BTC with Paypal  (Read 1998 times)
peach (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:12:28 AM

I am getting a Dwolla Accnt activated in a couple days, but I want to buy some BTC with paypal sooner.

I have bought some from people on reddit in this thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/BitMarket/comments/i93ol/looking_to_buy_a_few_bitcoins_via_paypal/

Also, check the marketplace for the 'honest traders' stickythread. I'm in it.

Looking to buy for MTGOX/TH market price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cmdr001

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 03:20:39 AM

Hello.

I'd be interested at selling a few BTC to you under such conditions.
I'll shoot you a PM to try and settle any details.
peach (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:03:52 AM

Bought some from CMD. Thanks for the smooth transaction.

STILL BUYING
abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:50:41 AM

Sent you a PM.
RyanWebber

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 08:14:33 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2011, 08:40:36 AM by Eggcellent

I'd like to make people aware that this person registered less then 5 days ago and scrambled 97+ posts together in that time. He is also requesting a VERY easily reversible payment method. He has 180 days to reverse his payment and keep your coins. Also notice the few people that replied to this thread are also decently new with very low post counts.

I'm just pointing out the VERY obvious here. Maybe I'm super paranoid and maybe wrong, either way, beware of the risk you are taking with this person. He could easily gather up hundreds of transactions and charge all of you back. Just because you got paid for now doesn't mean you are home free.

Anyways sorry OP if you are legit, though I doubt you are, in fact, I'd bet a very high amount that you aren't and most likely I'll win. I hope I'm wrong.  Undecided

Edit: person is also running a gambling service when less then 5 days registered...Makes it look even worse...

If I have been remotely useful feel free to donate:
1DgkA1S64CoVGu1q5JFSz4maRQJYw2dMC8
peach (OP)

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 05:35:27 PM

I'd like to make people aware that this person registered less then 5 days ago and scrambled 97+ posts together in that time. He is also requesting a VERY easily reversible payment method. He has 180 days to reverse his payment and keep your coins. Also notice the few people that replied to this thread are also decently new with very low post counts.

I'm just pointing out the VERY obvious here. Maybe I'm super paranoid and maybe wrong, either way, beware of the risk you are taking with this person. He could easily gather up hundreds of transactions and charge all of you back. Just because you got paid for now doesn't mean you are home free.

Anyways sorry OP if you are legit, though I doubt you are, in fact, I'd bet a very high amount that you aren't and most likely I'll win. I hope I'm wrong.  Undecided

Edit: person is also running a gambling service when less then 5 days registered...Makes it look even worse...

I'm flattered by all of the attention and your noble attempts to defame me, but everyone can loosen their tinfoil caps!

I've bought from 3 people via reddit and 2 people via the forums. If you think that I created all of those Reddit accounts years ago and posted actively, accruing karma and whatnot, and you think all of the users on the forum I've traded with, one of which has over 150 posts, were created by me then I don't know what else I could do to prove myself trustworthy.
greenethumb

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 11:43:45 PM

I am in the same boat as you, I have access to paypal funds and need some bitcoins. I could do moneypak or something first to establish that I am not going to rip you off.
Frank White

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 03:08:09 AM

how many are you looking to buy ? can fill large orders if you need...
greenethumb

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 29, 2011, 07:48:18 PM

it would be about $250 worth.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: