Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:07:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Miner need help with my 1060s 3gb version  (Read 264 times)
OXUS (OP)

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

KEK

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

hello

im new to the mining area hahaha , i came here asking for advice from the experts here

after some reading and checking local markets prices i made a choice with going with 2 rigs having the 1060s models

i have tested some of the cards and seem i was kinda lucky getting almost 70% of the them with a samsung memory

i want to know what is the best setups to put my rig on .... and should i mine with 65% most of the time to save my cards fan life and card life in general ?

Satochi is dead

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:31:16 PM

hello

im new to the mining area hahaha , i came here asking for advice from the experts here

after some reading and checking local markets prices i made a choice with going with 2 rigs having the 1060s models

i have tested some of the cards and seem i was kinda lucky getting almost 70% of the them with a samsung memory

i want to know what is the best setups to put my rig on .... and should i mine with 65% most of the time to save my cards fan life and card life in general ?

1) A complete separate rig consisting of 1060s with Samsung memory. This will ease the process of finding the sweet spot for overclocking for a particular algorithm.
Another rig for remaining cards.

2) Yes, you can use them at 65% fan speeds with no issue what-so-ever. If the GPUs are maintained properly from time to time, they should easily serve you for years to come.

3) The core overclock parameter for stable hashrate is in the range of "+0 to +150" for all 1060s devoid of their memory manufacturer while the memory overclock parameter for stable hashrate is different for different memory manufacturer.
Samsung: +800
Micron: +450
Hynix: +150
(According to my testing on my GPUs, they can vary a bit)
OXUS (OP)

KEK

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:27:11 PM

hello

1) A complete separate rig consisting of 1060s with Samsung memory. This will ease the process of finding the sweet spot for overclocking for a particular algorithm.

2) Yes, you can use them at 65% fan speeds with no issue what-so-ever. If the GPUs are maintained properly from time to time, they should easily serve you for years to come.

3) The core overclock parameter for stable hashrate is in the range of "+0 to +150" for all 1060s devoid of their memory manufacturer while the memory overclock parameter for stable hashrate is different for different memory manufacturer.

i read that its better not turn it on all the time ... like 3 days on then 1 day off .... or like 8 hours on then 2 hours off

Satochi is dead
quochuan29

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:36:09 PM

hello

i read that its better not turn it on all the time ... like 3 days on then 1 day off .... or like 8 hours on then 2 hours off

i think no need to turn it off. I have 2 1060 ring run 24/7 for 4 months no problem. Do not let the temperature >75

Undefined31415

Activity: 336
Merit: 253

Gone phishing...

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:41:05 PM

hello

Assuming you have a stable setup with a proper cooling solution, there's really no need to turn it off that often, let alone leave it off for a full day. 20-25% downtime is no good.

I only turn mine off every few months or when there's a noticeable buildup of dust.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
OXUS (OP)

KEK

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:38:31 PM

hello

Assuming you have a stable setup with a proper cooling solution, there's really no need to turn it off that often, let alone leave it off for a full day. 20-25% downtime is no good.

I only turn mine off every few months or when there's a noticeable buildup of dust.

i found a sweet spot with good hash/watt at 60-55% power limit for the hyprid rig .. it have 5 1060 3gb hynix cards 1 1080ti and 2 1060 3gb samsung ... mining zerocash algorithm

Satochi is dead
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: