Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:40:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 5169 times)
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:56:05 AM

No, Bitcoin is Illegal. Because, bitcoin isn`t issued by the authority of the agency concerned, such as the central bank. In fact, bitcoin had problems because of the absence of clear rules.
"Until now the government is still studying it,"

But my hope, Bitcoin is considered legal. Because, Bitcoin has many benefits and help the economy of the people especially the unemployed, Bitcoin much educate, especially in terms of trade and investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:34:07 AM

Indeed, if viewed in general or general rules that is on government regulations such as laws, bitcoin it's still illegal.. which's still not really in the supervision of all governments (under goverment arrangements) from various countries. From most governments there are still many who trying and learning deep about bitcoin and blockchain. But I'm sure there will be more and more countries that will following the countries that has legalized bitcoin as time goes on, because bitcoin can provide many benefits for comunity and helping the economy of the community.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 09:20:47 AM

indeed if we look from the legal point of view about the legality of bitcoin is certainly illegal but it returns to the regulation and government policy on bitcoin legality in the country, because each country certainly has different rules about the policy of bitcoin.
But if you look in terms of benefits arising from bitcoin of course we all hope someday bitcoin will get legality in accordance with its function
DannaWonder

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:36:31 AM

The legality of bitcoin depends on who you are, and what you’re doing with it.

There are three main categories of bitcoin stakeholder. Someone may fall under more than one of these categories, and each category has its own legal considerations.

As long as you are not in the country where bitcoin was declared as illegal then it is legal.
There are only few countries who identified the use and possession of the coin as illegal and most countries don't have any stand about the coin until now, some countries are looking for a way to regulate the coin and starting to accept it.
crzy

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 04:32:57 AM

indeed if we look from the legal point of view about the legality of bitcoin is certainly illegal but it returns to the regulation and government policy on bitcoin legality in the country, because each country certainly has different rules about the policy of bitcoin.
But if you look in terms of benefits arising from bitcoin of course we all hope someday bitcoin will get legality in accordance with its function

Yeah really depends on your location, some place in this world still not accepting bitcoin. Time will surely come that bitcoin will become more legal around the world and small people like us will surely enjoy the benefits of this great technology.
D2R2

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 07:08:52 AM

depends on the country, for example, in Russia, Putin signed a decree on the legalization of the Crypto-currency in 2018
ridhonofri23

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:57:29 AM

sure, I have received the money from this clear and bitcoin lega
it'sl real

Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:02:23 PM

depends on the country, for example, in Russia, Putin signed a decree on the legalization of the Crypto-currency in 2018
Are you sure about that? Probably you live in Russia. For me it is strange when people do not know their own legislation. Russia will never legalize bitcoin. Why do you need to legalize it? You that bad now? I hope that it will not be soon and we will be able to enjoy their freedom. I used to rely on their strength and I don't need the approval of the state for my work.
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 08:13:28 PM

The legality of Bitcoin depends upon two factors.First factor is the way in which we use it. For example some people use it as a mode of payment in drug dealings, ammunition dealings etc which makes the use of Bitcoin illegal. Other factor is the country in which we live beacuse Bitcoin is still not accepted as a mode of payment in many countries.For example,in China use of Bitcoin is illegal. In some countries like U.S.A, Canada ,Japan etc Bictoin is legal.So legality of Bitcoin depends upon our way to use it and on the rules and regulations of the country in which we live.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2198
Merit: 785

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:51:04 AM

Yeah really depends on your location, some place in this world still not accepting bitcoin. Time will surely come that bitcoin will become more legal around the world and small people like us will surely enjoy the benefits of this great technology.

Every country has their own specific agenda, rules, and regulations regarding a certain provision. A country in Asia may legalize bitcoin, while a country in Europe may not. It really depends on their current state whether they are willing to embrace the implications of bitcoin by allowing its utilization. Like you guys said, other countries accept it as an alternative payment, while some prohibit it due to being a contribution to their drug-related problems or crime rates. Personally, I think that bitcoin should be legalize in every country, regardless of its implications, since the opportunities it provide really support the ones who are under average in terms of income.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Klausi

Activity: 536

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:46:18 PM

There are three main categories of bitcoin stakeholder. Someone may fall under more than one of these categories, and each category has its own legal considerations.

The legality of bitcoin will truly depend upon the users. If the users will use bitcoin in illegal activities such as laundering, smuggling, guns and drugs then the reputation of bitcoin will be at stake because it will make some countries to think twice of they will adopt and declare bitcoin is legal or not. Therefore the users should use bitcoin for good like to make their lives financially stable in which to use the bitcoin in honorable spending so that the government will see only the good things and will not in doubt to legalize it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
kimpena

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 04:48:24 AM

In our country, bitcoin is legal. It is being discuss in media therefore government knows that countrymen are using it. Even our main bank declared that bitcoin is legal. We are free to use bitcoin in our daily transactions, but as of now, we only have limited use of it. Because there are still stores who do not know or do not accept bitcoin as payment. Maybe if it gets more popular in our country, many stores will be engaged in accepting bitcoin as payment.

zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2017, 08:21:51 AM

Of course over time bitcoin will become increasingly recognized and used by all levels of society, then this will affect development of bitcoin in future increases.
and responding to your opinion about use of bitcoin that isn't yet fully utilized by your local community, I think it's a matter of time and of course need to get support from local government to help socialize bitcoin to be better known to everyone and they can benefit from Bitcoin is very large.
warrior333

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 10:56:49 AM

Of course over time bitcoin will become increasingly recognized and used by all levels of society, then this will affect development of bitcoin in future increases.
and responding to your opinion about use of bitcoin that isn't yet fully utilized by your local community, I think it's a matter of time and of course need to get support from local government to help socialize bitcoin to be better known to everyone and they can benefit from Bitcoin is very large.
Lol!!! Why do you support the government? I have the impression that you were little and used to ask permission from parents in order to do something. Governments should be at the service of citizens. We have to dictate terms. I don't need permission. Bitcoin is the mechanism which allows us to put pressure on the government and to enforce our terms and conditions.
Carrody

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 01:19:29 PM

So many thing we can buy nowdays with bitcoin, maybe not legal, but powerful
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 08:08:06 PM

Lol!!! Why do you support the government? I have the impression that you were little and used to ask permission from parents in order to do something. Governments should be at the service of citizens. We have to dictate terms. I don't need permission. Bitcoin is the mechanism which allows us to put pressure on the government and to enforce our terms and conditions.

If government support bitcoin, it may consider as legal currency but it will broke decentralized paradigm because government can control bitcoin
Overall both parties must understand each other so they still can use bitcoin for future transaction and more advance their policy against bitcoin

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
katinko

Activity: 196
Merit: 122

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:47:22 PM

If government support bitcoin, it may consider as legal currency but it will broke decentralized paradigm because government can control bitcoin
Overall both parties must understand each other so they still can use bitcoin for future transaction and more advance their policy against bitcoin
Here in my country we do not say that bitcoin or decentralized currency is legal until our government announce that they will adopt bitcoin as part of institutional currency but we have freedom to used this currency we can make deposit and withdrawal using financial institution and other remittance centers that is why i feel like its legal currency because we can easily used it anywhere.
FRJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:15:44 AM

Bitcoin is not legal.But bitcoin does so many good to us.It is powerful.a few number of countries has given legality to bitcoin.But still a huge number of countries are not willing to give legality to bitcoin.

TheKeyLongThumbI

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:29:02 AM

Bitcoin is legal and here in my country, we can exchange our btc freely to fiat whenever we want to. They aren't strict towards the use of it but I know someday they will regulate. There are few other countries that banned btc and most of them are very poor countries.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:37:24 PM

Bitcoin is legal and here in my country, we can exchange our btc freely to fiat whenever we want to. They aren't strict towards the use of it but I know someday they will regulate. There are few other countries that banned btc and most of them are very poor countries.

I just want to respond to your view of a poor country that prohibits the use of bitcoin,
I think the legality and ban of bitcoin isn't dependent on economic status of the country, but of course it depends on their government policy in making regulations about circulation of digital currency, because in fact many developed countries in Europe are banning the use of bitcoin
and I think bitcoin in your country is legally functional but not for its legality, because if the bitcoin legality in your country is legal, there will be government regulations regarding rights and obligations of bitcoin users.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: