Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Legal?  (Read 5173 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2254
Merit: 223

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 05, 2018, 06:12:02 AM

Bitcoin will always be legal, if there are no special regulatory acts of the state prohibiting its circulation. Practically in all countries in which Roman private law is taken as the basis of law, it is stated that it is allowed to engage in all types of business activities that are not directly prohibited by law or do not contradict generally accepted business conditions.
For example, in my country, the cryptocurrency is not yet regulated, but it freely goes on the territory of the state.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sambel90129

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 02:26:53 AM

Bitcoin is always going to be legal in the eyes of those who believe in it. The only ones who see bitcoin as illegal are the corrupt governments who are trying to force their oppressive regime down the throats of their citizens

or governments who are living in 1990. Other than that if you have an internet connection bitcoin is legal.
bitcoin is only an alternative currency that is very safe and very transparent because it adopts the blocokchain technology which makes it very easy to monitor its movements, of course things like this are very feared by criminals, especially corruptors, so they pressure the government to reject bitcoin because they are afraid of being detected if you put their money in bitcoin. is bitcoin legal? depending on which country we live in.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
November 06, 2018, 10:52:37 PM

Indeed, many countries legalize bitcoin, but there are still many who also cannot accept bitcoin, this depends on each country. So not all countries can legalize bitcoin, there are still many who will review bitcoin.
There still a resistance in some countries to adopt bicoin and make it legal, maybe they still feel the threat right now and they still have not made a final decision regarding on this. I believe we are on the way to that situation where almost all countries make bitcoin legal.

Know the status of cryptocurrency on your place, don’t be scared as long as you are doing right and if its ban on your place, you can travel to use bitcoin where it is being used as a legal one.
Tapyaks72

Activity: 490
Merit: 28

View Profile
November 07, 2018, 01:50:11 PM

Indeed, many countries legalize bitcoin, but there are still many who also cannot accept bitcoin, this depends on each country. So not all countries can legalize bitcoin, there are still many who will review bitcoin.
There still a resistance in some countries to adopt bicoin and make it legal, maybe they still feel the threat right now and they still have not made a final decision regarding on this. I believe we are on the way to that situation where almost all countries make bitcoin legal.

Know the status of cryptocurrency on your place, don’t be scared as long as you are doing right and if its ban on your place, you can travel to use bitcoin where it is being used as a legal one.
In terms of legality, China  at last declared  bitcoin as a legal proprietary  virtual currencies, so even China as all known for  opposing bitcoin find it to be legal, and having bitcoin holding is now legal in China. So there is possibility that some countries will do.

coldplay3r30

Activity: 75

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:34:14 AM

The legality of bitcoin depends on who you are, and what you’re doing with it.

There are three main categories of bitcoin stakeholder. Someone may fall under more than one of these categories, and each category has its own legal considerations.
It really depends on which country we are domiciled, if in a country that rejects bitcoin it is clear that bitcoin is illegal because the state applies illegal status, but on the contrary if we are in a country that supports and legalizes bitcoin then the status of bitcoin becomes legal or official, but what is certain is bitcoin only a digital currency which certainly does not violate the law.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 04:21:00 AM

Well, true enough, Bitcoin's legality or illegality is jurisdictional worldwide. It really depends on the State laws and local laws, in general. But just to correct some of the views and opinions here, Bitcoin is not illegal when the national laws are silent about it. It only means they sort of allow it through acquiescence because lawmakers may be at odds or undecided for the time being. But just be cautious because there are times the government issues Issuances or AOs to immediately address pressing concerns like this kind.
Tanya12356

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 04:14:43 PM

Everything goes to this. To the full legalization of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is becoming more and more full-fledged cryptocurrency.
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:44:31 AM

It is legal. There are other countries who uses it already as their daily transaction purposes and in my country although not everyone knows about it but we have bitcoin atm here
in any country I think bitcoin is not against the law, because the true nature of bitcoin is only a digital currency, if in your country bitcoin has become a medium of exchange that can be used in stores to buy goods, things like that don't happen in our country, the government firmly forbid bitcoin to be used as a transaction tool, but unique things happen in our country the government does not prohibit the ownership of bitcoin but only prohibits bitcoin to be used to pay for goods, so in our country bitcoin is only considered as an asset whose ownership will be taxed , a funny thing ...
Cupomi

Activity: 81

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:27:06 AM

Bitcoin is always going to be legal in the eyes of those who believe in it. The only ones who see bitcoin as illegal are the corrupt governments who are trying to force their oppressive regime down the throats of their citizens

or governments who are living in 1990. Other than that if you have an internet connection bitcoin is legal.
bitcoin is only a digital currency, of course it does not violate the law, so the status of bitcoin in all countries is legal because the internet world has no national borders so bitcoin can be accessed in all countries in the world, if there is one country that only accepts bitcoin just use it, there are countries that recognize bitcoin as a legitimate payment tool but there are also those who reject the use of bitcoin to be used as a payment tool, so we can be sure that bitcoin is the future currency ...
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:39:30 AM

depending on where Bitcoin is, if it is in Japan and Korea, then it is legal, but in my country Bitcoin is still not legalized but also not prohibited which is important is not to be used to pay anything. In my country, Bitcoin is not prohibited and a blockchain association has been formed.

Zalura

Activity: 73

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:21:24 AM

Yes bitcoin is totally legal, only that there are no official ways to proove that if you withdraw your profits to your bank account, those funds are for bitcoin, because it happened to me.
Once i withdrew more than $3k to my bank account and i had a lot of questions from the bank and if i didnt clarify that i was going to go jail because of "money laundering"
but yes, bitcoin is totally legal, only that there are some issues about it.

many governments in the world apply status that is still confusing, many countries prohibit bitcoin users from buying and selling goods with bitcoin but the state recognizes bitcoin as an asset, there are countries that actually ban bitcoin in their countries, but what happens is that people buy bitcoin and there are still many examples of problems faced by bitcoin, but the most important is that bitcoin is a currency that does not violate the law, which violates the law, people who commit crimes by using bitcoin as a means of evil.
seggardinggins

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:47:10 PM

depending on where Bitcoin is, if it is in Japan and Korea, then it is legal, but in my country Bitcoin is still not legalized but also not prohibited which is important is not to be used to pay anything. In my country, Bitcoin is not prohibited and a blockchain association has been formed.
yes, there are a number of countries that have already integrated Bitcoin so that Bitcoin holders can freely hold it without fear of anything except the destruction of Bitcoin. but it is unfortunate that for now only a handful of countries legalize Bitcoin so that Bitcoin has not been able to grow rapidly, especially there are some countries that ban Bitcoin.
Patient_Zero

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 01:31:35 AM

It is legal. There are other countries who uses it already as their daily transaction purposes and in my country although not everyone knows about it but we have bitcoin atm here
indeed for some countries legalizing bitcoin, because the state applies legal status, very different from some countries that have not applied legal status, this can not be easy for bitcoin owners in a country like this, so the status of Bitcoin  is not the same in every country, but most importantly Bitcoin is a currency, so the currency does not violate the law, I think that's just the benchmark for bitcoin owners in countries that don't support bitcoin.
ningrumxxi

Activity: 80

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:55:38 AM

the fact of bitcoin is legal, because based on the available evidence there are indeed many countries that facilitate bitcoin users, there are one or two countries that reject bitcoin as a legitimate currency, but they still recognize it as an asset, the government does not have strong reasons to reject bitcoin bitcoin is only money, which of course does not conflict with any law.
Cryptobiter
Copper Member

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:31:50 AM

Bitcoin is always going to be legal in the eyes of those who believe in it. The only ones who see bitcoin as illegal are the corrupt governments who are trying to force their oppressive regime down the throats of their citizes
davidcryptoexpert

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:35:06 PM

Most of the countries has started adopting the crypto slowly which is a great news, no one wants to be slow on technology development.
Just out of the fear of loosing economy. its going on a slower pace. Hope for all good in future.
Patient_Zero

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 12:05:37 AM

Depends on where you are from. If you are living in country where no law against bitcoin, then it's legal as simple as that.
there is no country that sets bitcoin as an illegal item, the legal status that states that does not support bitcoin is limited to prohibiting the use of bitcoin to be used as a payment tool, so basically bitcoin can still be traded even though it is categorized as an asset.
sambel90129

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 01:03:24 AM

Yes bitcoin is totally legal, only that there are no official ways to proove that if you withdraw your profits to your bank account, those funds are for bitcoin, because it happened to me.
Once i withdrew more than $3k to my bank account and i had a lot of questions from the bank and if i didnt clarify that i was going to go jail because of "money laundering"
but yes, bitcoin is totally legal, only that there are some issues about it.

there is no bitcoin that regulates, no one can block and this is very safe, so this is very safe money, this is only digital money, obviously there is nothing wrong with bitcoin, someone who can be wrong is someone who uses bitcoin for purposes that really breaking the law, so legally the currency is never wrong, the wrong is the currency users, many countries refuse, but they cannot apply the law against bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  

Jump to: