Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin transaction confirmation and availability  (Read 361 times)
jamesweb6 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 11:54:01 PM

i would like someone to explane me why when we send bitcoin to an exchange it use to always take long time, for me , average 2 hours i would say, but always transaction mark as cleared like 5 min after , if the transaction is confirmed 5 min after why isnt it available right away ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 01:03:24 AM

No. your transactions aren't confirmed immediately. It just shows in the exchange that the exchange's wallet is about to receive bitcoins, doesn't mean it's already confirmed. I think usually it takes around 10 confirmations for you to be able to use your funds on exchanges. How long? It depends on what fee you've chosen for the transaction.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Andrey Ewink

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:22:07 AM

in bittrex i see a red mark to do the submission, and will it be 1st august we will not be able to send bitcoin?
And I saw on one website, SEGWIT has been running, and will end on August 2, then what will happen on August 1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●    UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments    ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬        whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack         ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3833

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 08:52:15 AM

in bittrex i see a red mark to do the submission, and will it be 1st august we will not be able to send bitcoin?
And I saw on one website, SEGWIT has been running, and will end on August 2, then what will happen on August 1

Bittrex disabled withdrawals and deposits of bitcoin for now to prevent problems from their users. It will be enabled again probably on or after August 1.

For further information, here's an article on segwit: https://cointelegraph.com/explained/segwit-explained

What will happen on August 1? Possibly a hard fork. Creating a new cryptocurrency, Bitcoin cash.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
feinter

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:19:59 PM

i would like someone to explane me why when we send bitcoin to an exchange it use to always take long time, for me , average 2 hours i would say, but always transaction mark as cleared like 5 min after , if the transaction is confirmed 5 min after why isnt it available right away ?

All depends about what fee you've chosen for the transaction. And your transaction is not confirmed immediately, it lasts few confirmations before you can use your pocket.
jamesweb6 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 12:51:19 AM

it was sent from my bitstamp account to poloniex account, they argue that 30 min  after i sent from bitstamp that the fund were avaiable and i used them, the thing is they answered 45 days after and my account look like they are right, but they had 45 days to
adjust it, im sure they stole it but no proof, only thing is at that time bitcoin transaction were so fn long, it was in june , i remember wating for hours same day, thats why at first i wasn't stress, i thought network was overcharged, imagine my surprise when they told me i spent it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: