Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:56:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: all finished  (Read 43448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 05:40:00 PM

Any news on miner #5?
MrHempstock

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

"Don't worry. My career died after Batman, too."

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:16:30 PM

Sorry you're dealing with multiple issues, but we all appreciate your effort and if there is (somehow) anything you need from us, just say the word.

BTCitcointalk 1%ers manipulate the currency and deceive its user community.
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 07:46:38 PM

get on get on the #kncminer chat

setup your backup pool on each machine for those inevitable DDOSs

I've not paid much attention to the enablecores process since I don't have a machine to play with. Luckily you have several so you can compare a working unit with a problem unit.

GOOD LUCK!
 Wink

MrHempstock

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

*Note- I let the room heat up a bit (no fans, ac or exhaust) and noticed the hash rate went up about 10GH/s on each unit.. hrmm.
Phoenix and Soy posted that 55C hashed higher than 35C, temp-wise.

Stats are back up and running.

I'm still getting this error message:
Error: Username 145yMDUyjscnNbefYzK9owt3q4nFb4zQLr) not found in database. Please try again later., as the stats server is probably just overloaded. If this issue persists for several hours, please report it to the pool operator.

Normal, or just me? (Someone other than Waldo feel free to chip in here, as he probably won't see that message since he will be logged in/cached)

MrHempstock

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 08:30:16 PM

And this guy seems to be quite knowledgeable:

ps, even at the server it is showing improved hash rate....thanks phoenix1969.

I also, what I noticed the with the increased heat the output current has increased...which is what I suspect as a culprit for some miners, or rather a low output is indicative of a problem.

But now with the temp rise, what has happened, the chip with disabled cores is down to just 1 disabled...

I've been tracking a similar line of evidence for the last couple of days through my experiments with BFGMiner and various firmware levels.  My theory is that on my underperforming board (and probably many others' out there) the issue is cracked solder ball joints due to the shipment of the machines with the heatsinks attached (soy, among others, have surmised the same so I'm not taking full credit on this idea).  All the jostling enroute flexed the boards causing the solder defects.  The higher temperatures allow some thermal expansion of the solder which might temporarily "glue" back together the microfractures allowing better connectivity.  The fact that the solder is also a bit softer at those temperatures may aid in that.  I'm not an industrial electronics engineer so maybe I'm talking out of my ass here, but that's the best explanation I can come up with so far.

That also means that it *might* be possible to repair the boards with the (in)famous cook-the-pcb-in-the-oven trick.

But that cooking-it-in-the-oven thing would scare the bejeesus out of me, personally.

MrHempstock

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:14:39 PM

Miners 1-3 stat pages are working, just not #4 (for me, at least)

jamesc760

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:19:39 PM

I can confirm that miner #4 stat is NOT working for me either!
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

No worries, just letting you know. I'm sure you're plenty busy with the tweaking and troubleshooting.
We all (should) understand hashing comes before stats.  Grin

mnyonpa

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:09:08 AM

Thanks, Waldo, for all the job you are doing!

May all the problems be overcome and may all your wishes be accomplished spontaneously and without effort!

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 06:01:25 AM

Miner 4 stats page is up for me now.

And this might bear reposting:

Anyone know why the voltages on our 3rd Jupi are higher than on the first two? I believe that as a result of the voltage being higher the temps are also higher. Also it is my understanding that if the Output Current is close to 0 than that die isn't hashing right? Also on this Jupiter I see a ton of these: "[time stamp] KnC: accepted by FPGA 1-21 works, but only 0 submitted"

I've tried .95, .96. .96.1 and .97 and .96 gives me the best performance so far, but at these voltages/temps. Also I did press gently on the copper bars of the heatsink and that seemed to have brought a couple die Output Current on par with the rest, but as you can see there is still a couple that are around 0. After downgrading to .96 this most recent time CGMiner restarts every 20 minutes, but the hash rate starts around 500-550 and drops to 350-380 before CGMiner restarts. You can see the stats here on Jupiter 3: http://54.243.221.120/

I've asked KnC for an RMA, but I'm hoping I can avoid that if there is a fix for this.

Any ideas?
YOU NAILED IT
I have a sat that has been acting funny, and had the temp phenomena...
I pressed on the copper bars, and instantly saw the jump.
I placed a wedge at the top of the heatsink to add a tad more pressure on the asic
it now works great.
Thank you for sharing that.....seriously!

stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 05:18:33 PM

Some good work you have to do to get these running it seems.Good luck!
djjacket

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:48:08 PM

What day of the week are you planning payouts?
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 07:21:19 PM

120 GH per chip = 480 GH total

miner 2 = 360 GH
means 1 chip is dead

miner 3 = 240 GH
means 2 chips are dead

dat true???
floatyfish

Activity: 373

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:12:23 PM

Question about the 5th miner that's coming in.

Let's say there's no issues with this one, will the hashing power be split to make up for the defective machines, or will it be dedicated solely for those who paid for the fifth machine?

If you feel like donating: 1NtgJf4znCsA5GJDCbqtowHL2143WyqLkC
jamesc760

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 04:20:09 PM

Question about the 5th miner that's coming in.

Let's say there's no issues with this one, will the hashing power be split to make up for the defective machines, or will it be dedicated solely for those who paid for the fifth machine?

It shouldn't be shared with the previous machines, they've been hashing (at reduced rate) but they HAVE BEEN HASHING and making profits for THEIR share holders, are they going to share their profits with the miner 5 owners?
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 08:22:41 PM

Thanks brother, keep us updated when you can. With all your GBs, by January you are going to be flush with gear and a Hosted Operation to be reckoned with.  Cool

Do you have battery backup/ UPS already implemented? (sorry if it's been covered elsewhere)
Just asking because I can get Panamax/Furman at or below dealer cost (with warranty)

MrHempstock

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:09:41 PM

Cool deal, just let me know if you ever lean that direction.

If you're in an area that doesn't normally suffer blackouts due to weather, it's not a must-have option.
My neighborhood, even though it is in the middle of town, is prone to construction-related outages and it's nice to have the internet and wifi up and running during blackouts.  Grin

The miners would need heftier backups, but in a rural area $2k in UPS optioning would pay for itself in a couple of 24 hour blackouts on a 15TH farm lol (assuming internet service doesn't go down also)

jamesc760

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:27:38 PM

Got the 4 Miners going!!! Goddam.

I didn't get to miner 5 just yet because this was bugging the **** out of me. I got all miners back online- mining on Eligius with FW 98. Give it a few to catch up but looks like we're good.

On top of that ... ALMOST EVERY MINER IS HITTING 550!! (except Miner 3 with the 2 bad boards).

Okok- opening up Miner 5 now and will get that setup  Grin

Concentrate on Miner 5 now! No rest for the wicked! Hopefully #5 is the best of the lot!
jamesc760

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:16:55 PM

waldhover, what is the equivalent percentage if you are taking $240 a week? Is it 10%, 20%, 30% of the total profit?
MrHempstock

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 02:45:57 AM

Completely understandable and required. I doubt you'll get a stink out of anyone, it's not hard to sit back and realize that even though you're not billing extra, so to speak, we are in fact also receiving your time and effort getting and keeping these running, with all the time and headaches that entails.
I agree you should setup a donation link on the webpage. Heck, link it here also.  Cheesy

On a different note - how did the thermal paste on the heatsinks look to you? I noticed a couple of owners changing it out on their units. But based on the past few weeks I'm assuming there can be a wide discrepancy between different customer's units.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: