Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 12:15:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Canadians participate in ICO's?  (Read 460 times)
Heye

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:15:34 AM

I'm canadian and the only ICO I can't participate is confideal Embarrassed, I never had any problem with the others ones.
moonblocks

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:55:23 AM

They are not banned at present but in future Canada may treat some of these ICO's as securities and introduce regulation to govern them as such

Best to check the Whitepaper or FAQ for any restrictions but generally its only China and USA that have banned them outright so you should be clear to invest in whatever you want to at present

SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:39:55 PM

Why not? Although Bitcoin is not legal in Canada. Even then, they can join any ICO. Bitcoin is not legal in our county too. But I joined some ICO. So, they can join any ICO without any problem.
And UTrust is the best choice.  Cool
denisw

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:08:46 AM

You can definitely participate in the ASSETRON ENERGY ICO, only Chinese and USA Residents are restricted.
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 12:25:36 AM

You can ask for a friends in other country to buy tokens for you outside from your country, their is always a way and solution, there is also ICO that accepting US residence too, just try to search it on services and read their whitepaper.
Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 08:20:42 AM

Why not? Although Bitcoin is not legal in Canada. Even then, they can join any ICO. Bitcoin is not legal in our county too. But I joined some ICO. So, they can join any ICO without any problem.
And UTrust is the best choice.  Cool

Canadians must participate in ico. We know that bitcoin is not legal in canada. Even then they can join different types of ico. It is true that bitcoin is not legal in our country. Even then many people join different types of ico without any problem.
Prince Corey du Lac

Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 06:45:46 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2018, 07:01:55 PM by Prince Corey du Lac

Why Can’t Canadian Citizens Participate in Cryptocurrency ICOs?
This Canadian just came across the first ICO airdrop I cannot be a part of,
.prontapay
it says,
I hereby confirm that I am not a resident, citizen or entity of the US, Canada, the Peoples republic of china or Singapore or of any other country where you are not legally permitted to participate in this token sale.

Not sure why this is happening now, must be pressure from the USA, http://fortune.com/2017/08/28/canada-ico/

While Canadian regulators have not addressed airdrops, an argument could be made that an “investment of money” has not occurred in an airdrop scenario, and that the first prong of the test for investment contracts set out in SEC v. W.J. Howey Co. (Howey) fails on this basis. https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=70447a1c-5ee0-44c3-8ef0-9233cb429d63
Crypto-capitalist

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 08:31:43 PM

I'm canadian and the only ICO I can't participate is confideal Embarrassed, I never had any problem with the others ones.
My friends lives in Canada and they invest in ICO too.
Zeraphine

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:16:26 AM

I’m not sure about the tokens you want to but. But i’m sure that Canada residents can take part in ICOs and claim their dividends on regular basis.
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 06:41:42 AM

The whole of the ICO I participated last year allowed Canada residents to purchase from the ICO. I don’t know if there is any change recently but if there is no any restriction yet for Canada residents on Ico participation, then they are good to go.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:11:33 AM

Yes but not all, I have seen some ICOs excluding Canandian citizens from their ICO but not all. Only citizens of US and China are usually excluded from ICOs recently, you need to also read the requirement. But I don't think you can't buy them on exchange, If I like a coin I will buy them on exchanges
coastbank

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:16:42 AM

As far as I remembe I don't see any ico excluding Canadians. Its most about USA or China or Singapore.
Anyways not joining ico isn't that bad you can still buy those coins after their release and AS FAR AS I KNOW its not illegal buy product on market.

gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

but if you look at any ico rules, there are no restrictions for certain countries. the only restriction is for the rank of the member to participate. like a newbie does not follow, and now some do not allow jr.member to come along. that's all I know.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:40:41 PM

There are icos that restrict citizens of some county from participating in ico due to regulations especially US citizens. In ico i have took part in i rarely see Canadian citizen being restricted.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:45:19 PM

Hey guys,

I've been really wanting to participate in some ICO's but i live in USA. I was thinking about doing the VPN thing but I am now learning about KYC compliances so I guess I wont be able to do that Sad

But I have some family that were born and live in Canada. Would they be able to participate in ICO? because I can tell them to buy me some lol.

I want to buy some UTRUST

Yes off course you can anyone can participate
icocheckr

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 05:35:42 AM

it depends on which ICO Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: