Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Un-subscribe to threads?  (Read 1071 times)
BkkCoins (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 03:54:04 AM

Is there any way to remove a thread from your "new replies" list?

I'm really tired of seeing the "Newbie Intro" and a few others there...

Cheers.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:00:02 AM

I've always wondered the same thing...

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:18:56 AM

Click the word "notify" near the top right or bottom right of the thread posts to turn notification on and off. Same as always.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
peach

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 04:55:59 AM

Also, you could setup a new email account and set that as your official forum email.
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 05:22:00 AM

Click the word "notify" near the top right or bottom right of the thread posts to turn notification on and off. Same as always.

That's for email isn't it? If I click that on this thread it asks if I want email notification turned on.

I'm not talking about emails as I don't get any now. I'm talking about the posts that show up in the

"Show new replies to your posts." link on top-left of this page.

This one is annoying as heck as it contains a list of every post you ever commented in even if you never wish to see it again. It would be nice to remove threads from that list because the list is really useful for tracking the threads you are interested in.

I'm guessing now this forum software doesn't have a way to do this. Disappointing.

error

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 05:40:34 AM

That's for email isn't it? If I click that on this thread it asks if I want email notification turned on.

I'm not talking about emails as I don't get any now. I'm talking about the posts that show up in the

"Show new replies to your posts." link on top-left of this page.

This one is annoying as heck as it contains a list of every post you ever commented in even if you never wish to see it again. It would be nice to remove threads from that list because the list is really useful for tracking the threads you are interested in.

I'm guessing now this forum software doesn't have a way to do this. Disappointing.

OK, that is something else. You're right that there's no obvious way to do that; though the non-obvious way is simply to delete all of your posts in that thread. You may or may not want to do that, depending on the thread.

theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
June 27, 2011, 08:21:08 AM

It would be better to have a separate watchlist system in addition to "new replies to your posts". Why should you be able to break the page's stated function of showing new replies to your posts?

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2011, 08:25:45 AM

I'd be happy either way. On Ubuntu Forums when I click unsubscribe it no longer keeps me in the loop on that thread. A separate list is Okey Dokey with me.

PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 12:10:35 AM

Yeah I meant the same thing as BKKcoins. There's gotta be better forum software than SMF

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
error

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 01:08:22 AM

Yeah I meant the same thing as BKKcoins. There's gotta be better forum software than SMF

There's better forum software than SMF. There is not better FREE forum software than SMF. If someone wanted to pony up for a vBulletin license I don't think the admins would turn it down. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2011, 02:14:27 AM

There's better forum software than SMF. There is not better FREE forum software than SMF. If someone wanted to pony up for a vBulletin license I don't think the admins would turn it down. I sure as hell wouldn't.

How much does it cost?
BkkCoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2011, 03:40:30 AM

According to their web site a Forum License is $195.
I don't know if that is all told or whether you get hooked into constantly paying for upgrades each year.

I suppose a tip jar could be created and BTC donated for "upgrading" the forum by the forum community. I think it would need a more general sense of what benefits there may be overall.

One thing is that I've heard is vBulletin is more efficient server load wise so better speed, or lower hosting costs may result. I know Ubuntu Forums use vBulletin as do many serious forums due to it's "benefits".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: