Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:46:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Samourai Wallet - Experiences?  (Read 652 times)
RGBKey (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 03:47:19 AM

I downloaded this a few weeks ago and I've tried it out today because they added SegWit support. I've found a lot of nice features, and it seems to have everything I want in a wallet. I've been looking for a replacement for Mycelium after they started taking directions I wasn't fond of and I think I'm going to switch.

Has anybody else used this wallet? I've noticed a certain slowness when opening the wallet, it often takes a long time to display the balances, sometimes I have to restart the app to get it to work, other times it loads in a few seconds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCP
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4315

<insert witty quote here>

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 04:17:57 AM

It is an "unreleased" app that is currently under development... so I would expect some issues to be encountered. I'm not sure I would trust it for day to day use until it has been properly released.

Seems to have some nice security features though. Definitely a mobile wallet to keep an eye on.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
RGBKey (OP)

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 04:27:54 AM

It is an "unreleased" app that is currently under development... so I would expect some issues to be encountered. I'm not sure I would trust it for day to day use until it has been properly released.

Seems to have some nice security features though. Definitely a mobile wallet to keep an eye on.

Of course, I only sent a small amount to my wallet. And I agree, they've got great things like BIP147, a coin bouncing service called ricochet, and allow remote SMS deletion of the wallet, which are all great features imo.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:58:02 PM

OMG I just opened a thread about this wallet, I would love to test it but there is not available a iOS version for iPhone.
I think , at least in theory, it has everything a wallet must have and really takes advantage of the current bitcoin features.

I have checked the github repository, it is true that is based on BitcoinJ ?
RGBKey (OP)

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 11:57:04 PM

OMG I just opened a thread about this wallet, I would love to test it but there is not available a iOS version for iPhone.
I think , at least in theory, it has everything a wallet must have and really takes advantage of the current bitcoin features.

I'm bot sure but I assume you'd be able to see it on the repo page. The only trouble I had with it is their services went down right after they released segwit support and I was unable to load my wallet so I would love to see if there's some sort of script available to turn my seed into private keys
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 08:02:36 AM

I'm bot sure but I assume you'd be able to see it on the repo page. The only trouble I had with it is their services went down right after they released segwit support and I was unable to load my wallet so I would love to see if there's some sort of script available to turn my seed into private keys

They are in alpha so I would assume this sort of things happening at this development level.

I will wait for the final version on iOS. I think I'm going to dump Copay for Samourai  Roll Eyes
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6083

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 10:06:55 AM

Are you sure that It's still under development? like not stable to use? because I doubt the site is updated, It's being Alpha since like a year, If not more now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
RGBKey (OP)

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 07:43:21 PM

Are you sure that It's still under development? like not stable to use? because I doubt the site is updated, It's being Alpha since like a year, If not more now.

It's an "unreleased" app on google play, but I'm not quite sure what that means. I wouldn't use it as a daily driver yet but for testing, I'm not too worried about it personally.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2017, 08:10:34 PM

Wallet works fine 99% of the time had a stuck transaction taken care of quickly by contacting support. Support is very responsive should you have a problem. I would not store large sums on Samourai (same as any phone wallet) but it has been reliable for me. Developers have not ruled out an iOS release but have said that won't happen until after open sourcing. They are a small team so don't expect iPhone support until the Android wallet is out of alpha.

XXX_BTC1@

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:33:48 AM

I downloaded this a few weeks ago and I've tried it out today because they added SegWit support. I've found a lot of nice features, and it seems to have everything I want in a wallet. I've been looking for a replacement for Mycelium after they started taking directions I wasn't fond of and I think I'm going to switch.

Has anybody else used this wallet? I've noticed a certain slowness when opening the wallet, it often takes a long time to display the balances, sometimes I have to restart the app to get it to work, other times it loads in a few seconds.

samurai wallet also one of the best and secure wallet. from this wallets to finding contacts easily from facebook, twitter, reddit and email. a broadcast transaction will be sent in to the wallet. in this wallet sending money and receiving is very easy and secure. share your code to others without loss of security. finally you have to receiving payments easily.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: